Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,206 members, 7,873,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu (8452 Views)

"wake Up, Tackle Insecurity" – Bode George Charges Tinubu / Segun Showunmi Charges Tinubu On Governance, Condemn Attack In Middle Belt / There’s Nothing Wrong If Any Region Wants To Break Away From Nigeria –gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 12:10pm On Jan 27
harjay1986:

If we restructure with this crop of politician we have now it be easy for us to move enmass to any politician house and hold them responsible because the federal shield won't be there again

And this time around Wale will not say is because the president is Igbo or Hausa that's why every policy favor one ethnic to others.. if my region is not performing in the area of security I won't be saying is because Chibuzor is the Head of military in my region that's why is allowing such,

I will be able to hold my ethnic man responsible for any negativity in my region with no one calling me Bigot

You see that's where I'm going, is it until we restructure before we hold our governors responsible?

These guys get security votes to do nothing, they live large doing nothing,

My opinion though
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 12:12pm On Jan 27
seunayantokun:

Please, perish this your thought unless you want the present suffering and retrogression to continue.

So when you restructure, it suddenly takes out the hooliganism in our politics or the lavishness of our leaders

You will be surprised that these guys will just buy all the thugs in the state and you know what can do

The only reasonable thing is for us to act responsibly.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27
hustla:

it will be different, trust me

It means Govs wont be able to hide under FG for their insanity

Who will check mate these governors, people that already bought the house of assemblies in their states, judges do their biddings and they have all the thugs at their disposal

They play
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by gaskiyamagana: 12:23pm On Jan 27
bigpriik:
impossible!
instead miltary will takeover as the north will never allow such,restructuring is just like semi-seccesion
Then pity them not for their continue suffering as poorest zone and most affected insecurity of Boko Haram and banditry in the failed Lord Lugar project called Nigeria.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by gaskiyamagana: 12:28pm On Jan 27
lexxwiz:
Even the blind can see that this is the only viable way for Nigeria to get out of this mess. Everyone fend for yourself! This will encourage a lot of investments and Govt would have no option but to think of how to drive its state to generate funds. In no time, jobs would be flowing everywhere or hunger would bite very welll to the people who votes in there ancestors because of a cup of rice. I just Dey explain for people wey no really understand advantages of restructuring.
Another advantage is resources control that will be more or less enshrined in restructuring. The lost of revenue to illegal mining will stop and there is likelihood of mutual competition of economic progress among the federating zones.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by nesphil(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by onuman: 12:57pm On Jan 27
LordFaraday:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/restructure-nigeria-turn-six-zones-into-federating-units-gani-adams-charges-tinubu/

It's difficult to see why political restructuring of Nigeria has not been the number one agenda for president Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Tinubu crisscrossed the SW region for more than twelve years agitating for political restructuring of Nigeria.

The extant political structure of 20 states in the old Northern region but only 17 states in the old two southern regions is a fraud created by northern military dictators to politically over-empower the north against the two southern regions, as well as channel more oil revenues to the northern region.
The one federal police formation for all Nigeria has bred criminality all over the country.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:05pm On Jan 27
ambale:

Read carefully, our issue is we have too many lazy people venturing into power,

That's a bigger problem than restructuring, we have leaders who simply don't want to be accountable to no one

How does restructuring change that?

So let's maintain the status quo
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by sokera: 1:10pm On Jan 27
If the youths can use same wasted energy they use on Obi on protesting for Regional Government we will get it but they are more interested in Nigeria their man will be in charge… especially the igbos … anyway Tinubu should give us regional government now
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by harjay1986: 1:20pm On Jan 27
ambale:

You see that's where I'm going, is it until we restructure before we hold our governors responsible?

These guys get security votes to do nothing, they live large doing nothing,

My opinion though

The law they operate on make them to be invisible sometime, okay look at the civil servant that work with them, have heard about a scene where a government want to do some bore hole in some community and the contractor that the governor knows was charging 400k per one which is still okay to some extent but when the document get to the desk of these civil servants they inflate the price to 2m per one ... and the government will be sideline when the actual money will be release
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by johannu(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27
Going right is no way to the north. To the south, the right way is the way out.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by IbeOkehie: 2:05pm On Jan 27
Restructure Nigeria? Never gonna happen.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Jagabanarmy: 2:14pm On Jan 27
LordFaraday:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/restructure-nigeria-turn-six-zones-into-federating-units-gani-adams-charges-tinubu/
Main reason I supported Jagaban. Let him start it now by setting up the frame work for it
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by seunayantokun(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27
ambale:

So when you restructure, it suddenly takes out the hooliganism in our politics or the lavishness of our leaders

You will be surprised that these guys will just buy all the thugs in the state and you know what can do

The only reasonable thing is for us to act responsibly.

There are steps to take to get to our destination and we've got to take them one after the other.. Those shouting restructuring are not stupid because they know if you don't restructure, you can't solve other problems.

The position you've taken is informed by the current structure as dictated by the 1999 constitution. Unfortunately, you can't get the change you're mouthing within the structure created by that constitution imposed on the peoples. The law that guides your life makes you either a conquered slave or a free human who can contribute meaningfully to society, and it will never encourage your escape.

Do you even understand the import of that constitution at all? Because it baffles me that there are still people like you who want to sustain the present horror. Must Nigeria happen to you before you dust off yourself? Friend, please, wake up.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Simeonjoe1: 2:48pm On Jan 27
It still won't work
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 3:00pm On Jan 27
seunayantokun:

There are steps to take to get to our destination and we've got to take them one after the other.. Those shouting restructuring are not stupid because they know if you don't restructure, you can't solve other problems.

The position you've taken is informed by the current structure as dictated by the 1999 constitution. Unfortunately, you can't get the change you're mouthing within the structure created by that constitution imposed on the peoples. The law that guides your life makes you either a conquered slave or a free human who can contribute meaningfully to society, and it will never encourage your escape.

Do you even understand the import of that constitution at all? Because it baffles me that there are still people like you who want to sustain the present horror. Must Nigeria happen to you before you dust off yourself? Friend, please, wake up.

And where did I say the current structure should stay?

Read and understand you say na lie, even after I said that's my opinion

I know what I said and that's my opinion

The only reason we are talking about restructuring us because our government officials have refuse to be responsible, so will restructuring the country suddenly make them responsible?
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27
Akwamkpuruamu:

So let's maintain the status quo

That's my opinion, let's get more responsible with our actions

Imagine a situation whereby a governor visits a local government area once in his four year tenure, will restructuring make him more accessible?

And if yes how?
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27
harjay1986:

The law they operate on make them to be invisible sometime, okay look at the civil servant that work with them, have heard about a scene where a government want to do some bore hole in some community and the contractor that the governor knows was charging 400k per one which is still okay to some extent but when the document get to the desk of these civil servants they inflate the price to 2m per one ... and the government will be sideline when the actual money will be release

My point is if the people don't change, no system can change them

These guys will still bend the system to suit their laziness.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by seunayantokun(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27
ambale:

And where did I say the current structure should stay?

Read and understand you say na lie, even after I said that's my opinion

I know what I said and that's my opinion

The only reason we are talking about restructuring us because our government officials have refuse to be responsible, so will restructuring the country suddenly make them responsible?

I would like to sit down in your class so you can teach me how to read and understand your posts. I am willing to appreciate you for it.
If you care to know, irresponsible government officials constitue just an infinitésimal fraction of the problems to deal with along the way, not the 'only reason' for clamouring for restructuring as you believe. There is an urgent need to take out major threats to our existence today and tomorrow, if I may briefly point it out to you. Is that clear?
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by poseidon12: 3:26pm On Jan 27
Well said. Right on point. Without restructuring Nigeria, it does not really matter who the President is; there will be no progress.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by harjay1986: 3:47pm On Jan 27
ambale:

My point is if the people don't change, no system can change them

These guys will still bend the system to suit their laziness.

You are absolute right, I think we need to review the law and penalty that come with every law that is break like strict one
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 4:07pm On Jan 27
seunayantokun:

I would like to sit down in you class so you can teach me how to read and understand your posts. I am willing to appreciate you for it.
If you care to know, irresponsible government officials constitue just an infinitésimal fraction of the problems to deal with along the way, not the 'only reason' for clamouring for restructuring as you believe. There is an urgent meed to take out major threats to our existence today and tomorrow, if I may briefly point it out to you. Is that clear?

You want to sit me down on top my opinion?

You sure say you go school finish sha?
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by ambale(m): 4:09pm On Jan 27
harjay1986:

You are absolute right, I think we need to review the law and penalty that come with every law that is break like strict one

That was same way some people packaged subsidy as the problem of Nigeria, today we are facing more hardship than ever before.

State governors can invest heavily in the private sector and even security of their states but these guys no send anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by DMerciful(m): 4:17pm On Jan 27
Exactly. Once they get there and taste the enormous powers, they feel reluctant to devolve it to the states
anungangampu:

This is the post I am looking for. Tinubu only solution to Nigerian issues has been Restructuring, I learnt about it from him but I am surprised this is the only word he totally wiped out of dictionary during election and after election.
I think I understood that the word Restructuring have different meaning to different people in the country and to some extent means extinction to some other group.

If there is a President that began his mission on restructuring, I would Tinubu is the man, but I guess from what I have seen nowadays,
The problem with restructuring is like same with all Nigeria issues since 1961, the powerful federal might is like the hobbit ring, - " too addictive to think sideways"
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Optional09: 4:38pm On Jan 27
bigpriik:
impossible!
instead miltary will takeover as the north will never allow such,restructuring is just like semi-seccesion

lol military or boko haram lol
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Optional09: 4:42pm On Jan 27
ambale:
Why do I have the feeling that even if we restructure, with these same sets of politicians we still going nowhere

These guys just want to be feeding fat on the country's resources

Imagine that Lagos alone is doing fine than about 50% states in Nigeria, but all governors and political appointees are living large

If we can be prudent and bring in accountability perhaps we might not really need the restructuring

It’s the current structure that makes them useless, in the current constitution. Politicians owe nothing to the citizens

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Mubieey: 4:47pm On Jan 27
Northerners are fearless but illiteracy is their problem but southerners are literate but they are fearful
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by Mubieey: 4:47pm On Jan 27
Northerners are fearless but illiteracy is their problem but southerners are literate but they are fearful [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by adesile8697: 4:48pm On Jan 27
restructuring appeals to the common man and appears easy to understand restructuring appeals to the common man and appears easy to understand ...
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by SenatePresdo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 27
Ttalk:
The North started restructuring by introducing another constitution. They say it is their right to have sharia in a Federation and a Southern president granted them their wish.

Now the South is yearning for fiscal autonomy and devolution of power. Let any man prove that Is against the constitution in a federalism.

The truth is that Nigeria has lied so much to itself without success, not it is the right time to take the bitter pill. Nigeria must be restructured whether the North likes it or not.

The unity that accommodates Sharia should also accommodate regional autonomy, which was the basic foundation of this country, let no man deny it

Must be restructured?

The President would rather have Nigeria remain as it is, than to restructure it.
Its not even about whether the North likes it or not.
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by dikings(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27
Simple and final
Re: Restructure Nigeria, Gani Adams Charges Tinubu by APCNig: 5:39pm On Jan 27
Tinubu is doing that already without making noise. CBN and FAAN are back to Lagos. NNPC will be moving to South South very soon. NAFDAC and NDLEA will be going to South East. Ministry of Agriculture will be going to North Central. Ministry of Banditry and Terrorism will be going to North East.

Every region will get what they deserve, that is devolution of power and restructuring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CNN: Doing Business In Nigeria (Review Of Dan Foster's Book) / Thugs Invade Edo Council, Beat Councillors / APC Accuses PDP, Atiku Of Sponsoring Smear Campaign Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.