Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,769 members, 7,921,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:46 AM

Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? (3828 Views)

Five Male Artistes That Should Leave Their Current Records Label - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Male Artistes In Nigeria / Kanye West And Other Male Artistes Wearing Skirts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pls lets discus these : The richest female artiste is Madonna with a networth of $1.1B, while d richest male artise is U2 with a networth of $575M, P Diddy is $500M, Jay-Z is $450M, Mariah Carey is $750M.
What's cooking?
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2011
Where did you get these bogus figures from? Who dash Madona $1.1b? Please refer us to a credible source first before we continue the discussion,
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by babyboy3(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
The richest female artiste is Madonna with a networth of $1.1B

I dont think Madonna has that much, not even close to half of it and you sounded as if you were going reel off a long list of female Artist and the only one I could think of is Oprah and Oprah is a media guru and not an artist
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pro01, babyboy, where are u? Are u convinced?
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by babyboy3(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2011

Madonna, 51 – US$ 1,1 billion (30 years)
Mariah Carey, 40 – US$ 750 million (20 years)
Barbra Streisand, 68 – US$ 625 million (53 years)
Celine Dion, 42 – US$ 590 million (30 years)
Britney Spears, 28 – US$ 500 million (13 years)
Cher, 64 – US$ 460 million (47 years)
Ayumi Hamasaki, 31 – US$ 400 million (16 years)
Beyoncé Knowles, 28 – US$ 390 million (13 years)
Janet Jackson, 44 – US$ 360 million (37 years)
Tina Turner, 70 – US$ 350 million (20 years)
Jennifer Lopez, 41 – US$ 330 million (23 years)
Rihanna, 22, – US$ 280 million (5 years)
Gloria Estefan, 52 – US$ 250 million (33 years)
Christina Aguilera, 29 – US$ 190 million (13 years)
Shakira, 33 – US$ 150 million (20 years)
Alicia Keys, 29 – US$ 150 million (13 years)
Whitney Houston, 47 – US$ 120 million (33 years)
Avril Lavigne, 25 – US$ 100 million (8 years)
Miley Cyrus, 17 – US$ 100 million (5 years)

Sexlog if this is the list you see as Gospel then you are mis-informed

Let me rip into this list

Janet Jackson's career started in the late 80s
Avril Lavigne has a career longer 15 years
Tina Tuner has a career longer than 30yrs
Britney Spears hasnt got $50m to her name

Oh please this list is a joke

http://worldmixnews..com/2011/07/top-10-richest-singers-in-world.html
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by BootyOnMe: 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
Because, they also sell poohsie on the side! wink
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
Babyboy, truly u are misinformed! Did u check d second website? Pls check it out and read it thoroughly.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by Outstrip(f): 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
The list cannot be right.There is no way PDiddy can be richer than JayZ and Madonna is not worth a billion $$$$$
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by babyboy3(m): 12:18am On Nov 08, 2011
Babyboy, truly u are misinformed! Did u check d second website? Pls check it out and read it thoroughly.

What about the second website (the dating one)

You could reel off all the website you want, the moment your list shows that Britney Spears has half a $ billion the list becomes discredited (I guess you know how the throw a case out of court due to poor evidence)
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 1:05am On Nov 08, 2011
Babyboy, d website u gave us is not updated. It stated Madonna networth was $325M as of 2007. Besides, u stated above that janet jackson career started in d late 80s while d site stated early 80s.
Are u confused?
My afore-mentioned statements are rightly right. Do your research, check a reliable source.
Am not hear 2 argue, answer my question.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 1:11am On Nov 08, 2011
@outstrip, jay-z was richer last year, P Diddy surpassed him this year.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by omar22(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2011
Your list indicates that Janet Jackson has a career as long as 37 years and baby boy is telling you that her career started late in the 80s very late! That discredit your list and Britney that nearly filed for bankruptcy all of a sudden she has half a billion! "A little information is very dangerous" your list also shows that Rihanna made a staggering $280m in 5 years that's around 56m a year! Even the Rolling Stone don't make that much a year and they are top earners in the entertainment world! The whole world knows that Sir Paul Marcarthy is the wealthiest singer ever all this Madonna stuff is fantasy, and Barbara? Where did that one come from, someone who hasn't had a hit either in movie or singing since the early 70s. Please bin that idea!! Its funny when yon know quite alright that P Diddy saved JLO's career and all of a sudden she is worth more than will smith oh please when did she act in the movie Selena! In the mid 90s so where did the 23yrs career come from I beg please. Mariah Carey hasn't had a hit since EMI told her to get lost nearly 10 years ago.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by babyboy3(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2011
Babyboy, d website u gave us is not updated. It stated Madonna networth was $325M as of 2007. Besides, u stated above that janet jackson career started in d late 80s while d site stated early 80s.
Are u confused?
My afore-mentioned statements are rightly right. Do your research, check a reliable source.
Am not hear 2 argue, answer my question.

Well Madonna released her last album in 2008

So are you telling me she made over $700m from one album? knowing that she is not in the TOP 100 earners in 2010/11
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by gwas(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
I think sexlog is right. My findings are same with his. It was published by newyork daily times.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by babyboy3(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
I think sexlog is right. My findings are same with his. It was published by newyork daily times.

You mean finding like this one?

Jennifer Lopez, 41 – US$ 330 million (23 years)
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by sexlog(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
U people dont really know who madonna is! Apart from selling over 300m records label worldwide, she evolved into a fashion icon, a producer, and an entreprenuer. I hope u know what these means financially.
Janet first debut was in 1982 with other members of d jackson family, four yrs later she went independent with d album "control". Omar, back your sayings up with fact.
Re: Why Are Female Artites Richer Than Male Artistes? by omar22(m): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
I hope u know what  these means financially.
Janet first debut was in 1982 with other members of d jackson family, four yrs later she went independent with d album "control".  Omar, back your sayings up with fact.

Janets first album "control" came out in 1986, but out of desperation she took an upfront payment not even up to a quarter of a Million $$$, which means she get nothing from the album sales! Control went multi-platium world-wide but the record company made all the money and am talking Millions in the 80's but she only had a deal to make one album,   but not until 1991 when she signed a new control and she pulled all the strings that made her alot of millions!

Tell me any hit of the Jackson family made after Michael has left?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-798869.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Flavour Becomes Lekki Landlord / SEE Dbanj Looking So Handsome Like Never Before / Compare Peter Okoye And A Nairalander Six Abs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.