Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:13 PM

Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor (161 Views)

Ramatu Tijani: Minister’s Aides Brutalise Journalist, Slap Security Men In Abuja / Gunmen Who Burnt Uzodinma's House Killed 2 Security Aides (Graphic Picture) / Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor by TruthsFM: 3:18pm On Jan 27
Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor

The Secretary of Nigeria Union of Journalists, Ogun State Council, Comrade Bunmi Adigun, has accused some security aides attached to the Osun state Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke of attacking him on Friday, 26th January, 2024.

The brutalised secretary said he was attacked by the overzealous men at the 66th Birthday and Conferment of Chieftaincy title on the governor by Oba Adeyemi Adekeye, Abepa of Joga Orile as the Baba Oba.

In a statement entitled, ‘How I Was Attacked By Osun State Governor Security Aides’, the victims noted that he was on official duty at the ceremony where the unruly security personnel attached to the governor started attacking journalists at the event.

The NUJ Secretary who works with the Ogun State Television, OGTV, called for necessary action over the incident.

He said the security aides conducted the action when the governor was already seated and the national anthem was going on.

The statement further read, “I covered the 66th Birthday and Conferment of Chieftaincy title on the governor of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke by Oba Adeyemi Adekeye, AbepaJoga Orile as the Baba Oba

“A colourful event which attracted so many dignitaries from within the state and outside but majorly from Osun State maybe.

“I was there to cover the event for my station, which was duly paid for, so if not for this, I have no business, and I won’t even near Oke Ata not to talk of Joga Orile.

“The governor was amiable, but all the security details were unruly. They started behaving anyhow immediately when their governor arrived, pushing and harassing every journalist, even those who came with other special Guests from Osun State

“They pushed my cameraman and other cameramen, thought that was enough until they got to where we were standing, I was harassed, embarrassed, and they nearly tore my clothes. We dragged, as you can see in this video, taken by one of us who disguised

“It was so tough as if it was a campaign gathering, a social gathering it was, and one could imagine how it would have been in Osun State

“I tried to get to those who harassed us, then I noticed they were putting on a different uniform from the normal police uniform we all know, bellaruslike, no name tag, they were on nose masks and holding petals like they were sent to journalists.

“I was manhandled and roughened and imagined what would happen to those without tags and any means of identification at an event of such

“Still not feeling fine, but I need to drop this for the world to know how the so-called Police who are attached to Special Nigerians behave at times”

A text message sent to the spokesperson of the Governor, Olawale Rasheed for clarification was not responded to as of the time of filing this report.

Meanwhile, the Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has condemned the harassment of the Ogun State NUJ secretary.

The party in a statement by its chairman, Tajudeen Lawal, a copy obtained by Osun Defender, sympathised with the victim, calling on the Inspector-General of Police(IGP) to investigate the attack on the journalist.

Lawal said Governor Adeleke has been attracting negative media reportage to the State of Virtues which hitherto was known for her Omoluabi ethos before his ascension into office.

He said, “It is incumbent on the Inspector-General of Police(IGP) to investigate the needless and brutal attack on the innocent journalist and the cameramen who were rough handled and attacked thereby subjecting the image of the police into disrepute.

“The IGP should also find out if the indecorum Adeleke security aides who threw caution to the wind by assaulting the journalist and cameramen are either fake or authentic police because of their uniform which is different from the one accustomed to by the citizenry.

“It is high time Governor Adeleke stopped exporting vices to another state as this is telling on her corporate image which has always been in the news for negative events.”

https://www.osundefender.com/adelekes-security-aides-brutalise-ogun-nuj-secretary-as-apc-carpets-governor/

Re: Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor by TruthsFM: 3:19pm On Jan 27
Hmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔. Something is wrong somewhere
Re: Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor by millet: 3:22pm On Jan 27
After every election comes the consequences of recycling same old problem. Walahi
Re: Adeleke’s Security Aides Brutalise Ogun NUJ Secretary As APC Carpets Governor by TruthsFM: 4:07pm On Jan 27
Nlfpmod mynd44 fergie001 Seun Fp

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Blames Water, Forest, Terrain For Lack Of Policing N Kidnapping / Opposition Politics Not Cynicism, Edo Govt Tells Tenebe / What Colonialism Looks Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.