Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,122 members, 7,973,786 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:52 AM

NIGERIA: My Nation, Your Nation, Our Nation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NIGERIA: My Nation, Your Nation, Our Nation (68 Views)

Painful Story Of My Nation NIGERIA / My Nation And My Pride (support Agriculture) / Inc Appeal And The Way Forward For Our Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA: My Nation, Your Nation, Our Nation by Ademola2003(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28
Though Nigeria was colonized by the British. It gained its independence on October 1st, 1960. This event was a joyful one for all the citizens and the freedom fighters as they all remain hopeful for a better productive and prosperous country of their dreams

Generally speaking, My nation is comprised of three(3) tribes where we have Yoruba(s), Hausa(s), and Igbo(s) who merged as one to fight for Independence. They dreamt of maintaining peace, justice, and fairness. So sad, that the dream prepared by the freedom fighter activist hasn't come to reality yet. What has gone wrong? Nation dreamt of green gold was in vain. How could a nation known as the giant of Africa be a nation of debts?

Eventually, This happens basically among our tribalistic politicians, We have all the tribes in the political sector with different agendas. Some are in power for their self-interest which has caused some of the tribes to fight for their freedom (IPOB). The politicians believe that it is a business for them. Such attitudes have caused a huge problem for Nigeria 🇳🇬 as a whole. Some of the eastern parts region of the country are increasingly agitating for the Biafra Republic in the western region there are serious campaigns for the Oduduwa nation.

All these disagreements between the three (3) for being part of the nation dreamt by the Freedom Activists could be dissolved by taking each other as one, with no tribalistic and no self-interest from the political leaders.

The political leaders should know that voting for them during the election period is not for their self-interest but basically for the interest of the citizens, Reference to October 8, 2020, there was a protest in the nation that caused a loss of souls this protest was basically on police brutality, extra-judicial killings, and kidnapping that have been rampant in the nation.

The citizens believe that those elected are there just for themselves and they couldn't consider the citizens' rights, There have been no salaries for the Government workers, and Graduates from the different prestigious schools were filled with unemployed. This makes some turn against the law getting themselves into cyber crimes, Kidnapping, and even political thugeries.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 is an underdeveloped nation, it has been blessed with many natural resources capable of promoting the nation rather than remaining in debt, the nation can be freed if the politicians are ready to work diligently and avoid being tribalistic, religious sentiments, and other secluded activities.

Conclusively, My dear brothers and sisters, I would want us to be aware that there are a lot of benefits to our unity and that we can enjoy more of the benefits if we remain as one. We should shift our loyalty from our tribes to the country. We should believe that what binds us together is far stronger than what should divide us. We Shouldn't let the suffering and difficulties of those who strengthened with Independence be in vain. Let this nation, Be Mine, Yours and Ours.

God Bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

#Nigeria #oneloveonenation

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Is Best To Open Chemist Shop? / Water Circulation Pump / Eazyleadz Review | Vendor: E.roland, Scam Or Legit, 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.