Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,695 members, 7,918,179 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:14 AM

Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso (2069 Views)

Amended Electoral Bill Bar Ministers, Commissioners From Contesting In Primaries / Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Jatuski: 7:02pm On Jan 28
Amidst the rumour of his defection from the opposition New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), the former Governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has declared that he will run for the coveted office of the president in 2027.

Kwankwaso said that Nigerians are dissatisfied with the way and manner President Bola Tinubu is running the affairs of the country, decrying the escalating poverty level in Nigeria since his assumption of office on May 29, 2023.t

An impeccable source close to the former presidential candidate, told newsmen at the weekend that the former Kano State Governor made the revelation during a meeting of his close allies after a meeting with President Tinubu recently.

The source said Kwankwaso told them about the invitation extended to him to join the All Progressives Congress (APC), by the President.

The source, a prominent North-West politician, who pleaded anonymity, further told newsmen that at the meeting, Kwankwaso revealed that even if he eventually joined the APC, he would still contest for the presidency, noting that with the dwindling popularity of the President, he believes strongly that he could pick the party’s presidential ticket in 2027.

According to him, Kwankwaso's surreptitious move was buoyed by some policies being implemented by the Tinubu administration which are seen to be ‘anti-Northern Nigeria’.

The source said: “We had a meeting with our leader after the meeting with President Tinubu.

"He sought our opinion on the invitation to join APC many of us were against the idea. But he took time to explain to us the benefits of joining the ruling party.

“But one interesting thing during the meeting that we cherished most, was when he told us it's an opportunity for him to be President in 2027.

"He told us in clear terms he would run for the office of the President. He gave us so many reasons why he thinks he stands a chance in 2027 which I won't disclose."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:06pm On Jan 28
No wahala we dey wait
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Jidics: 7:15pm On Jan 28
His wahala
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by 123yes(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28
Of course no body will stop you at least you will win Kano State. Oga your popularity does no cut across Nigeria to enable you to win president in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Throwback: 7:20pm On Jan 28
He has to run if Atiku will run.

All na game plan.

Same way Pat Utomi is again talking about mega party, as was the assignment given to him by the person he loves to dance with.

At the end of the day, all will return with the report of their assignment like Daniel Bwala has recently done.

8 Likes

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28
Lack of good understanding cost Kwankwaso and Obi the Presidential seat.

Nigerians are suffering

3 Likes

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 7:45pm On Jan 28
Of course, and win only Kano state

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Macdeey: 7:58pm On Jan 28
Initial gra gra grin grin grin

Small money and political position go make you change mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Peakdesign23(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28
Your choice man.
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by richiemcgold: 8:04pm On Jan 28
This is another political game to divide the bloc votes that supposed to come from the north in 2027.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by paramakina202: 8:06pm On Jan 28
No source no stew?
It is tasteless.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by yarimo(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28
Well said kwankwaso, in fact OBI and ATIKU must contest again as president in 2027

4 Likes

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Curious345: 8:56pm On Jan 28
The south must rule for 16yrs

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by TrackerSK: 9:26pm On Jan 28
So this guy want still cut atiku votes again?
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Slytiger: 9:29pm On Jan 28
You are within your rights to contest.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Slytiger: 9:31pm On Jan 28
Curious345:
The south must rule for 16yrs
It's 8 years. Then 2019 would likely be Shettima/Wike

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 9:35pm On Jan 28
yarimo:
Well said kwankwaso, in fact OBI and ATIKU must contest again as president in 2027

In a single ticket
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by yarimo(m): 10:30pm On Jan 28
Bobloco:

In a single ticket
difference ticket in different party. It's good for democracy grin

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 10:31pm On Jan 28
yarimo:
difference ticket in different party. It's good for democracy grin

Why not a single ticket

Are you afraid of that
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by yarimo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28
Bobloco:

Why not a single ticket

Are you afraid of that
that means obi will be ATIKU vice presidential candidate a serial loser ? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 10:36pm On Jan 28
yarimo:
that means obi will be vice presidential candidate to serial loser to ATIKU? grin grin grin grin

Anything to stop Tinubu's calamitous regime

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by GodHimself(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28
Except God. Or death.

Jatuski:

Amidst the rumour of his defection from the opposition New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), the former Governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has declared that he will run for the coveted office of the president in 2027.

Kwankwaso said that Nigerians are dissatisfied with the way and manner President Bola Tinubu is running the affairs of the country, decrying the escalating poverty level in Nigeria since his assumption of office on May 29, 2023.t

An impeccable source close to the former presidential candidate, told newsmen at the weekend that the former Kano State Governor made the revelation during a meeting of his close allies after a meeting with President Tinubu recently.

The source said Kwankwaso told them about the invitation extended to him to join the All Progressives Congress (APC), by the President.

The source, a prominent North-West politician, who pleaded anonymity, further told newsmen that at the meeting, Kwankwaso revealed that even if he eventually joined the APC, he would still contest for the presidency, noting that with the dwindling popularity of the President, he believes strongly that he could pick the party’s presidential ticket in 2027.

According to him, Kwankwaso's surreptitious move was buoyed by some policies being implemented by the Tinubu administration which are seen to be ‘anti-Northern Nigeria’.

The source said: “We had a meeting with our leader after the meeting with President Tinubu.

"He sought our opinion on the invitation to join APC many of us were against the idea. But he took time to explain to us the benefits of joining the ruling party.

“But one interesting thing during the meeting that we cherished most, was when he told us it's an opportunity for him to be President in 2027.

"He told us in clear terms he would run for the office of the President. He gave us so many reasons why he thinks he stands a chance in 2027 which I won't disclose."
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by LibertyRep: 11:16pm On Jan 28
So he'll defect to APC to contest the party primary with the PBAT?

What do these people take their followers for?
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Throwback: 11:19pm On Jan 28
yarimo:

You know the game plan.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Okoroawusa: 11:20pm On Jan 28
Throwback:

All na game plan.

Same way Pat Utomi is again talking about mega party, as was the assignment given to him by the person he loves to dance with.

At the end of the day, all will return with the report of their assignment like Daniel Bwala has recently done.
Hahahaha! You sabi the game plan. Even Peter Obi is part of the game plan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by kokoA(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28
He just wants to spoil Atiku's show again. Obi will also be in the race so it's safe to say they intend to make Tinubu's second term ambition a slam dunk! Na greed go kee all these politicians, why not unite and choose one person?
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Throwback: 11:32pm On Jan 28
Okoroawusa:

Hahahaha! You sabi the game plan. Even Peter Obi is part of the game plan.

That one must run too.

Infact Tinubu must provide him the funds to run, as his run is indirectly a campaign department of Tinubu's own campaign to win, as previously posited by Gov Soludo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by blacknp(m): 12:00am On Jan 29
Ladiesdoctor:
Lack of good understanding cost Kwankwaso and Obi the Presidential seat.

Nigerians are suffering
Na today you dey suffer? your lack of understanding of the democrazy you practice is the cause of your pain & anguish.

People way go dey look 👀 President as if they still they under military administration instead of their States & Local Governments will definitely suffer till eternity.

You keep doing the same thing, but expect a different outcome.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by blacknp(m): 12:07am On Jan 29
Throwback:

That one must run too.

Infact Tinubu must provide him the funds to run, as his run is indirectly a campaign department of Tinubu's own campaign to win, as previously posited by Gov Soludo.
Man way know politics.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by Starhearts: 5:43am On Jan 29
Throwback:

All na game plan.

U get d code ....

90% Obidient will disagree d pat utomi side?

Obi can neva smell aso rock 🪨🎸
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by tishbite43: 6:16am On Jan 29
Slytiger:

It's 8 years. Then 2019 would likely be Shettima/Wike
Shettima and Wike on one ticket!
I would like to see how that goes
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Defection: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2027 - Kwankwaso by duduade: 9:23am On Jan 29
Kwantinue to waste funds Sir

Nagode

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Civil War And The Gullibles By Monday Effiong Noah / Amaechi Delivering Rivers State To Jonathan Causes Professors To Go On Strike / Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.