Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,654 members, 7,944,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Expose Romance Scams - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Expose Romance Scams (2904 Views)

Man Tried To Expose A Bride-to-be On Twitter And Got This Response / When Next You Try This Stuff With Me I Will Expose You Pls / Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expose Romance Scams by Orikinla(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
I know that many members of Nairaland have been receiving emails from unknown people asking for relationships, but most of these mails are romance scams.
Many of the senders often claim to have found one's profile on Nairaland.

Let us expose the details of these fraudsters to ward them off and save others from being scammed by these romance "scammers".

The following is one of the latest romance scam mails.

Sweet Aliyah sweetaliyah93@yahoo.com.ph

show details 5:34 AM (0 minutes ago)

Hi
how are you? my name is Miss Aliyah, I'm looking for someone to guide me through an investment Plan, please reply only at my private email (aliyah.wahidd@gmail.com) if you have a good heart and needs a honest friend so i can tell you everything about me with my pictures ok, thanks and remain with lots of favors n' god blessings.
sweet kisses,
Aliyah
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
All these yahoo yahoo boys no even dey tire sef grin
Re: Expose Romance Scams by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hmmm,
Yeye people,bro orki are you a victim?
Re: Expose Romance Scams by 2kurupt(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
OP is right on this one. I had to modify my profile details when I started receiving such emails.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Dsense(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
Oriki is just the scammer . . . undecided
Re: Expose Romance Scams by omega25red(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
funny thing is my email address is not even visible and i still get those emails undecided

could an admin account have been hacked?
Re: Expose Romance Scams by nanidee(f): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2011
Geezz, I receive a million and one emails like that.

Its either: 'hi my name is blessing, I saw your profile, bla bla bla, or something silly like that. I just delete them when I get them. And tĦey come regularly. Funny thing is, I don't know when last I had my email add up here?
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Dsense(m): 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
omega25red:

funny thing is my email address is not even visible and i still get those emails undecided

Jaybee and Mrs Chima send those kinda emails to scam people so beware!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Expose Romance Scams by r231(m): 1:21am On Nov 08, 2011
undecided
Re: Expose Romance Scams by mystiqueem(f): 2:37am On Nov 08, 2011
omega25red:

mine too. infact both personal and business emails. all said they're from nairaland.
makes you wonder. . .
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Dabss(m): 7:02am On Nov 08, 2011
Thats strange!!!
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2011
omega25red:

same here.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by freecocoa(f): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2011
One was on my yim saying he added me from NL and his username is one I see and know very well,keeps asking me what I do for a living and how he thinks I'm smart and would want to do biz with me,I'm sure he's tired of me not replying him.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Orikinla(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
Here is the photo sent by one of them.
The mugu does not even know this is ugly.

Re: Expose Romance Scams by Orikinla(m): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
D-sense:

Jaybee and Mrs Chima send those kinda emails to scam people so beware!!! lipsrsealed

Your sense of humour is simply wicked. grin
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Andrew3(m): 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
I regret the day i left ma email on NL. My spam, inbox and trash is innundated with huge figures of pounds, dollars and even cars. The most antagonising aspect is the claim to be this and that. One was claiming to be sandra, a cameronian, that she wants a relationship, i replied mnaa na we we grin grin he replied back ma fada, man nogo chop? angry angry angry angry
Re: Expose Romance Scams by ShyOne(f): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ OP

Thank you for opening this thread - I am going to post all the emails that I have received from these people as well. Some are women claiming they love me. I am a woman and I like men - I don't want a woman. They are liberian, cameroonian and some other nationality - I will post the emails later today too.

Maybe this will make them stop. It is ridiculous.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by MrCork17: 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
Orikinla:

I know that many members of Nairaland have been receiving emails from unknown people asking for relationships, but most of these mails are romance scams.
Many of the senders often claim to have found one's profile on Nairaland.

Let us expose the details of these fraudsters to ward them off and save others from being scammed by these romance "scammers".

The following is one of the latest romance scam mails.

Sweet Aliyah sweetaliyah93@yahoo.com.ph

show details 5:34 AM (0 minutes ago)

Hi
how are you? my name is Miss Aliyah, I'm looking for someone to guide me through an investment Plan, please reply only at my private email (aliyah.wahidd@gmail.com) if you have a good heart and needs a honest friend so i can tell you everything about me with my pictures ok, thanks and remain with lots of favors n' god blessings.
sweet kisses,
Aliyah

Orikinla. Bro. she rejected you, didnt she? dont lie! undecided
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 09, 2011
Hello
My name is Nina. a 22 yrs old girl . I
am average in height and fair in
complexion ,am a loving, romantic
and caring angel. I read your
profile. truely is quiet intresting to
me then , i deciede to contact you.
i really want to have a good
relationship with you. Beside i have
a special something i want to
discusse with you , so you can
reach me through this Email:
(ninaeps@yahoo.com) Hope to hear
from you soon. i will send my
beautiful pictures to you and also
tell you more about my self. I know
age will not be a bearier to our
relationship, what i need is just
your love and caring. I will give you
my best, bye for now. contact me
from here (ninaeps@yahoo.com)
care from Nina
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Orikinla(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Orikinla. Bro. she rejected you, didnt she? dont lie! undecided

Mr. Cork, I know that you are one of those who need to attack Orikinla to boost your egos.

I have never in my life sent any e-mail to any stranger I met online to ask for relationship.

There are enough campus babes and "Agege Bread" and "Egg" sellers in Lagos and sex starved married women looking for guys like Orikinla.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by claremont(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2011
Orikinla:

[size=14pt]There are enough campus babes and "Agege Bread" and "Egg" sellers in Lagos and sex starved married looking looking for guys like Orikinla.[/size]
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Orikinla:

Here is the photo sent by one of them.
The mugu does not even know this is ugly.
na the yansh of the woman na im the scam guy be want make u look and not the wowor face grin
Re: Expose Romance Scams by Orikinla(m): 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hello My Dear

My name is Miss barika mohammed,a tall good looking young girl,so lovely and caring with good understanding, fair in complexion, care with good sharing,honesty.I saw your profile here www.nairaland.com which interested me much and i decided to contact you.I really want to have a good friendship with you even if you have married we can be friends,i have a reason of selecting you as my friend,please if you wish to know more.Please contact me through this my e-mail address (barikamohammed52@yahoo.com) We need to talk and know your self more and equally share pictures to each other.hope to hear from you.

Please reply me with my e-mail address here (barikamohammed52@yahoo.com)
Yours New Friend

Miss barika,
Thanksyou.
Re: Expose Romance Scams by coogar: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
Orikinla:

Hello My Dear

My name is Miss barika mohammed,a tall good looking young girl,so lovely and caring with good understanding, fair in complexion, care with good sharing,honesty.I saw your profile here www.nairaland.com which interested me much and i decided to contact you.I really want to have a good friendship with you even if you have married we can be friends,i have a reason of selecting you as my friend,please if you wish to know more.Please contact me through this my e-mail address (barikamohammed52@yahoo.com)   We need to talk and know your self more and equally share pictures to each other.hope to hear from you.

Please reply me with my e-mail address here (barikamohammed52@yahoo.com)
Yours New Friend

Miss barika,
Thanksyou.

mr cork must have sent this one
the nonsense peckham boy!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Do Anything For The One You Truely Love? / TABOO: 40-years-old Zimbabwean Mother Set To Marry Own Son / Am I Been Cheated On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.