Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,485 members, 7,833,625 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Encountering Memory Leak Issues In C# While Fetching Football Data - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Encountering Memory Leak Issues In C# While Fetching Football Data (74 Views)

Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll / Encountering This Error In Django: TypeError: 'module' Object Is Not Iterable / I'm Encountering Error As A Newbie On Python Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Encountering Memory Leak Issues In C# While Fetching Football Data by jaja6457: 9:55pm On Jan 28
I am currently developing a football app in C# and I have encountered an interesting challenge that I am hoping the seasoned developers here can help me solve. Specifically, I am experiencing issues around memory leaks while trying to fetch large amounts of football data for my application. This is a particularly unique problem, more complex than your regular function malfunctioning, because it has been seriously affecting the overall performance of the app negatively.Now, let me give you a bit more information. I am using SportDevs, a new and promising sports data API (https://sportdevs.com/) as the provider for all my football data. The service has been fantastic. It offers an abundant array of football data that would make any developer's mouth water. However, as my application fetches this abundant data, I am experiencing increasing memory usage, and it seems as if the Garbage collector is not clearing the memory effectively, leading to a memory leak situation.The process of fetching the data involves creating numerous instances of classes and processing large lists. After bullets of searches, I came across the Dispose method for clearing the resources. This has mitigated the problem to some degree, but I am yet to find an efficient solution to get rid of the memory leak completely. Do any professionals here have experience with memory leaks in C# within such a data-intense context? I understand that it might be a case of unmanaged resources or incorrectly disposing of objects, but any direction toward better memory management techniques would be highly appreciated.If you could share your experiences, advice, or useful resources around this topic, I am sure it will not only benefit me but also the wider developer community facing similar challenges. Let's remember, the main goal here is to create a football app that gives users the best experience possible. Thanks in advance!

(1) (Reply)

Resolving Null Reference Exceptions In Football App Development With C# / The Secret Of Ad Placement That Matters In Google Adsense 2024 / What Is Software Test Strategy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.