Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,618 members, 7,934,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 02:55 PM

Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary In Osun To Silent Opposition- Banik - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary In Osun To Silent Opposition- Banik (158 Views)

PEPT Judgement: I Hold The Judiciary In High Esteem – Gov Umo Eno / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour: Pray For The Nigerian Judiciary In The Next 2-3 Weeks / Fayemi: Governors To Implement Autonomy For State Assemblies, Judiciary In May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary In Osun To Silent Opposition- Banik by TruthsFM: 10:01am On Jan 29
Gov. Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary System in Osun to Silent Opposition Parties – Banik

Former Osun State Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Prince Adebayo Adeleke has accused governor Ademola Adeleke as a key factor behind the protracted industrial action embarked upon by the members of Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, in Osun State . It would be recalled that the Osun JUSUN declared indefinite strike two months ago after a clash with the Nigerian police during a protest staged to express press home their demands and express their discontentment over the way and manner the affairs of the Judiciary is being handled by the Chief Judge, Honourable Justice Adepele-Ojo The former Commissioner said that the state government intentionally shut down the judiciary system to silent the opposition parties in the state. He noted that the ongoing strike action had prevented those who have one cases or the other in the court to get justice According to him, “Governor Ademola Adeleke and his government is behind the JUSUN strike. Quote me anywhere, What effort has governor made to bring end to the strike. They’re doing that because they want to keep everybody silent. “The police station cells are jampard, within this week if care is not taken the police will not arrest criminals again and it is what the government wants, they planning to arrest members of our party now and if they make arrests there won’t be any court session. So there is nowhere for us to go down either to remain in police cells suffering or they keep us somewhere. “I believe Mr Governor is behind this JUSUN strike. In the beginning, they complained that there a is certain amount they owned and I learned Governor said yes I will pay, what happened then, from the action of the governor on the removal of the CJ we can see, can conclude that the Governor is interested in keeping this situation the way it is. “And look at the issue of Obas they want to keep the court short down forever so that those who are aggrieved will not be able to go to court to get an injunction that is the motive behind it, but we say no to this we are calling on the Anthony General of the Federation to comes to our aid because Osun is becoming the jungle. “We got information now that they have listed the names of some of our party leaders to be arrested but we are ready they can only take the body, they can not take the soul, we are here with them we are not running anywhere.

Read More here: https://naijinfo.com/2024/01/27/gov-adeleke-intentionally-shutdown-judiciary-system-in-osun-to-silent-opposition-parties-banik/

Re: Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary In Osun To Silent Opposition- Banik by TruthsFM: 10:02am On Jan 29
Osun state judiciary is on strike for weeks now. Not acceptable at all. Very bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke Intentionally Shutdown Judiciary In Osun To Silent Opposition- Banik by Zonefree(m): 10:22am On Jan 29
Isn't that what federal APC is doing to opposition? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

High Court Sets To Hear Nnamdi Kanu’s Case February 8 / Senator Ashiru Refutes Allegations, Calls Consensus Movement's Claims misleading / I Need Price Quotation Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.