Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? (566 Views)

Medical Laboratory Science Graduate Job Vancancy / Medical Laboratory Science Graduate Urgently Needed / Medical Laboratory Science Graduate Urgently Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 12:10pm On Jan 29
You know it's good to ask before pursuing a career path.

I see alot of students going into computer science every year...

I wan know, is there any computer science graduate in this country, doing well with a job? Anyone here?

I no wan finish school, learn skills finish make I no see job get for this tech limited country
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by M0M0SHIKI: 12:13pm On Jan 29
grin
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 12:52pm On Jan 29
Abegi I no need motivational quotes...

I need the real reality, especially from the course graduates
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by teewhydope(m): 8:47pm On Jan 29
My friends and i are all doing fine
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 9:15pm On Jan 29
teewhydope:
My friends and i are all doing fine

Alright, what career opportunities are available for 'skillful' CS graduates? In Nigeria
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by teewhydope(m): 12:14am On Jan 30
Davidnilla:

Alright, what career opportunities are available for 'skillful' CS graduates? In Nigeria

frontend, backend, devops, mobile, and so on. A lot of opportunities out there, just make sure you start learning one of these things while in school and create projects on your repository, it'll give you an edge in the future. There's competition out there unlike before, so brace up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by BigDawsNet: 12:13pm On Jan 30
Davidnilla:
You know it's good to ask before pursuing a career path.

I see alot of students going into computer science every year...

I wan know, is there any computer science graduate in this country, doing well with a job? Anyone here?

I no wan finish school, learn skills finish make I no see job get for this tech limited country

As a potential computer science... you will be making a great mistake if you graduate before you start learning a digital skills...

Averagely make nobody lie for you...
you need atleat a year to learn a skill properly...
You need 1 more year to master it and also gain experience...

My advice
Get into the Uni.. you have 4 years to study..
From year 1 start learning a program...
Just choose 1 out of 100s tech program...
Learn while you studying...

By the time you done with school and nysc... Nigerian Tech company will be dragging you to work for dem

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 12:26pm On Jan 30
BigDawsNet:

As a potential computer science... you will be making a great mistake if you graduate before you start learning a digital skills...

My advice

By the time you done with school and nysc... Nigerian Tech company will be dragging you to work for dem

Valid point bro.

I'm good at html/CSS/ currently learning JavaScript...

Tech company dey this Nigeria wey dey pau well?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 12:34pm On Jan 30
BigDawsNet:

My advice

Also, will age be a problem? Cos when I graduate and all, I'll be around 31 yrs
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 12:34pm On Jan 30
teewhydope:

frontend, backend, devops, mobile, and so on. A lot of opportunities out there, just make sure you start learning one of these things while in school and create projects on your repository, it'll give you an edge in the future. There's competition out there unlike before, so brace up.

Is age also a barrier? Cos when I graduate, I'll be around 31 - 32
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by teewhydope(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30
Davidnilla:

Is age also a barrier? Cos when I graduate, I'll be around 31 - 32

Yes it will but really, why do you want to study computer science at this point, why not just do masters. Most people at the places I've worked for didn't study computer science and they are doing fine and well respected.
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 1:32pm On Jan 30
teewhydope:

Yes it will but really, why do you want to study computer science at this point, why not just do masters. Most people at the places I've worked for didn't study computer science and they are doing fine and well respected.

Yea I understand that degree isn't a must, but at least it makes you stand out from the crowd's resume applications.

Masters? Can I do maters without completing a bachelor's degree?
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 1:37pm On Jan 30
teewhydope:

Also, what do you think of these idea;

Since alot of people get into the tech field without a degree, can't I just learn the skills offline, and then pursue civil engineering? For backup

I'm 22 years, but by papers, I'm 24 (I been increase my age when I was 16 yes)
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by BigDawsNet: 3:32pm On Jan 30
Davidnilla:

Also, will age be a problem? Cos when I graduate and all, I'll be around 31 yrs

Age is not a problem for computer scientists... what matter is the skills u posses..
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by BigDawsNet: 3:33pm On Jan 30
Davidnilla:

Valid point bro.

I'm good at html/CSS/ currently learning JavaScript...

Tech company dey this Nigeria wey dey pau well?

Dem dey...

But don't think abt dat now... it's too early... jut focus on ur study and master your skills
Re: Is There Any Computer Science Graduate Doing Good In The Industry? by Davidnilla: 4:12pm On Jan 30
BigDawsNet:

Dem dey...

But don't think abt dat now... it's too early... jut focus on ur study and master your skills

Yea, I know it's too early... That's why I'm planning in advance, so I won't be stranded at after 5 years in school.

(1) (Reply)

ECOWAS Recruitment 2024 – Apply Now / New Hot Jobs Now / New Vacancies At An It Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.