Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,388 members, 7,881,403 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:46 PM

Story Of A Friend "Mother's Strange Behaviour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Story Of A Friend "Mother's Strange Behaviour (126 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / A Friend Needs A Help On His Leg Challenge (Graphics Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Of A Friend "Mother's Strange Behaviour by TVTM2023: 10:21pm On Jan 31
It's what happened some years ago and has continued till date.
He is in his late thirties and his mother clocked 60 some ten years ago.
She is almost in her early seventies now but there is something strange he notices about his mother which he needs all your help for!

She is always scared whenever it is past 7. She closes doors in the house .
Be it kitchen door ,inner kitchen door,front sitting room door to backyard door .
What is most sad is that it's not even past 9 and the children will be looking at her because they still have things to do in the kitchen or outside and their mother will be locking the doors as if they don't exist there.
She will then have worked herself from morning till evening doing house chores that none of her children sent her to do which they want to do but she won't give them the chance to do it at all.
She will overwork herself and when the children talks she rants as if they are rude or controlling her.
She doesn't even listen to her husband on this issue and the children who are adults have become angry many times and are fed up.
She has an obsession with her belongings and anything loads and she is always on edge whenever her children ask her for missing things she has packed away from reach which should be accessible to everyone from provisions to cutleries or anything utility.
If her children who are adults staying under the same roof buy things ,she will take them from everyone's reach and put it in her cupboard and it will be useless there!
She hoards new stuffs and when they ask her for it,she would say she doesn't know whereas she is the one who took it and kept it.
She can use countless hours rearranging what has already being arranged.
It got to a time one of the sons thought she was under a voodoo spell or witchcraft because she fails to listen until she has done her mind!
Pls is this a physiological thing or a kind of trauma or PSTD?
I ASK this because it always repeats daily basis and she will work herself to stupour!
Then she would always be on edge with her belongings and wants to dominate anything loads.
Is there something more to the eyes please?
I need a medical evaluation of this attitude!
I don't believe it is spiritual only!
Can someone help me please.
Re: Story Of A Friend "Mother's Strange Behaviour by Laird(m): 3:34am On Feb 01
It is a medical issue
Re: Story Of A Friend "Mother's Strange Behaviour by Originalsly: 4:05am On Feb 01
"I don't believe it's spiritual only". When something is mysterious to the Black man it has to be spiritual ...... to the White man it has to be alien. It seems to me the locking up of the house by dark is based on superstition .... evil spirits come out at dark and she is locking up to keep them out. The other actions I strongly believe are symptoms of dementia. She is of the age when this is a common . I would advise the adult children to Google dementia .... learn about it .... and how to manage it. It is extremely difficult to manage if one does not understand it. (Not in the medical field ... just my opinion.)

(1) (Reply)

Reassuring Signs That You Have A Healthy Baby Growing In Your Womb / Understanding The Role Of Salt Therapy In Managing PID / Obukpa, UNN Host Community, Raises Alarm Over Looming Epidemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.