Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? (17419 Views)

Court Frees 12 Ajayi Crowther University Students Facing Murder Charge / Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:12am On Feb 03
I am in debt as I speak. No one bothers to check on you.

And I am sick and tired of asking for money.

If I can get 3 million with 100% interest in 10 years I will not drop out God willing.

Coz normally people are assholes doing like they want to help you buts it all for the gram undecided
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by zoeymikey(f): 9:12am On Feb 03
JoeEeL:

grace of God ko, grace of God ni.
What was I supposed to say na
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by zoeymikey(f): 9:13am On Feb 03
Ejyksneh:
Why do I feel you re lying?
Lol
I'm not lying...
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:14am On Feb 03
hansomb:
I used to have left over of food after session. 2010 to 2015 engineering Chai. Printing per page was #2.5 , indomie n egg plus cup of Lipton was #150, big note 100, local sardine was 80 naira, cartoon of indomie highest 1700, golden penny #100 other local ones I can't even remember their names was 50 to 80 naira. I still hate it then, prefer indomie, ai used to say it not as smooth as indomie then, but now ehh. Used to dash cleaners and almajiri after session closes. My registration was #18,000 then. I never paid any acceptance fee was later introduce. Hostel fee was between #7,300 to #9,300 per session. With guarantee light from 9 to 11 pm. Hmm honestly sending children to uni dey fear person now. Imagine school fees now is around 100,000 thousand naira. Indomie not with two egg is 650, golden penny now na around 600 or more. Photocopy per page 20 naira. How are students surviving now ? Three gbosa for wuna. With #5,000 per week then I do still have some changes left.

5000 won't last you 2days right now

2 Likes

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by zoeymikey(f): 9:23am On Feb 03
Just stay focus and believe in God[/quote]
Thank you
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:31am On Feb 03
rayopt:
Most yall just act like many Nigerians are really suffering. Lol. Unilorin students dey on Gen overnight like everyday. And trust me, it is not what you think for all of them. The dollar rate is actually favoring some people tho if you ain't lazy.

That's what you all say but you hoard knowledge and don't share anything to better anyone's life. There's one here that calls himself anoneemouz. That one too is selfish with information. His own is even like witchcraft that even his blood brother is earning a meagre 15k per month but this dude is hoarding thousands of dollars in his account.

But they always pretend and claim to have introduced them to the stuff. Even if they want to teach you about the stuff. They will make it very incomprehensible for you on purpose or they give you a minute part of the information in such a way that you won't be able to use it to get a breakthrough

Same with that coconut head Hardmirror that says he's an atheist. That one will say will the vast information online if you cannot get it done yourself then you don't deserve the money. That he can't be spoon feeding you

Even the ones that will ask you to pay for tutoring will still keep "salient" points away from you that will lead you to you making profits

So you all should keep your doings to yourself if you won't share update undecided

Both Atheist, Muslim o, Christian o when it comes to money they are all the same beasts. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by WantsandMore: 10:18am On Feb 03
zoeymikey:

I'm naturally big and would not agree that I'm pretty though...
I don't think I even eat food that can make one gain weight, like I don't take cereal or any form of beverages or milk sef..
if you stop eating calorie densed food you'll lose all the "I'm naturally big" you think you've, I'm saying garri is a calorie densed food, the bolded aren't healthy anyways, they only over work your gut health & cause insulin resistance. Try eating only salads & veggies with a portion of protein & very little complex carbs like garri & the rest, you'll lose all that bigness in weeks.

2 Likes

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Modreda: 11:14am On Feb 03

1 Like

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by chariisGRACE(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03
pansophist:
Humans are like sheep.

No matter how bad things get, they won't improvise, they will just do things because others are doing it, they need to feel among, and have no plans with their life.

With all the graduates without jobs, and how the internet age has made education accessible via other means, people still pass this torture for an education that is subpar in Nigeria. For what?

FOR WHAT?

Hello, Mr. Panshophist.

Concerning that University of The People, is JAMB required?

In fact, what are the requirements for someone with just High School Certificate?

2 Likes

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by mignone(f): 12:31pm On Feb 03
Alearna:

Well, except you have eating disorders such as advanced anorexia nervosa, or Type 2 diabetic. I don't see how eating once a day, because of lack, would cause hypoglycemia.

You can be malnourished, but not hypoglycemic.
Not permanently though, just the period between the meals when the hunger really hits.
There're people who naturally have lower than normal blood sugar levels.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Komu1048(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03
Light78:
I have been wondering how undergraduates have been surviving this harsh economy.

Things were not costly then, but are nothing to write home about now.
You have to spend 2000 naira to eat comfortablely these days. Over to you students, how have you been surviving?

Maybe students in Kogi n Northern states, but in southern part. They r big boys and girls, they are living larger than u can ever imagine or think. Very few r using phones less than 400k n very few cook. They mostly order food n enjoy latest of everything. But I don't know how they make so much money
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Ntipia: 1:11pm On Feb 03
Some of those students supported this government and their stealing of the election because of tribalism.
They are now teaching Peter obi a lesson.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Justkatty(f): 1:19pm On Feb 03
It hasn't been easy but God has been faithful, especially we with babies in school.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by cezarman(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03
rayopt:
Most yall just act like many Nigerians are really suffering. Lol. Unilorin students dey on Gen overnight like everyday. And trust me, it is not what you think for all of them. The dollar rate is actually favoring some people tho if you ain't lazy.

Bro... Many Nigerians are suffering, no joke.

To walk these days tire me because the number of people begging for street don triple oh shocked Even married women sef angry

Though some students might be flexing because of Gee, crypto and prostitution etc smiley
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Ubanz: 2:22pm On Feb 03
My boy called yesterday that they burgled his room and made away with all his food stuffs leaving his laptop and other devices.
There's real hunger in the country.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Gerrard59(m): 2:42pm On Feb 03
rayopt:

Na true. The way to out-earn the sufferings in Nigeria is to earn in dollars. Crack your head and earn in dollars.

4 Likes

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Gerrard59(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03
zinaunreal:
Them don fvck fvck people children taya

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by dreamxhaser: 3:27pm On Feb 03
Dagger111:

Ahhh! Is there any comment I mentioned I am a soldier Sir? Lolz

Lol your moniker is recognisable. And from mere looking at your recent topics SIR🙂
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by lastkingsman: 4:02pm On Feb 03
RepoMan007:
Yahoo, hookup, menials, and finally, astral projection to press others at night.

Wahala for who wan graduate wen no get money.

Astral projection?
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by zoeymikey(f): 4:31pm On Feb 03
Dagger111:

Kindly drop you details if you are willing to.
Thank you so much I'd really appreciate....,
Palmpay
Mercy M..
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by HardMirror(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03
LalastiklaIa:

That's what you all say but you hoard knowledge and don't share anything to better anyone's life. There's one here that calls himself anoneemouz. That one too is selfish with information. His own is even like witchcraft that even his blood brother is earning a meagre 15k per month but this dude is hoarding thousands of dollars in his account.

But they always pretend and claim to have introduced them to the stuff. Even if they want to teach you about the stuff. They will make it very incomprehensible for you on purpose or they give you a minute part of the information in such a way that you won't be able to use it to get a breakthrough

Same with that coconut head Hardmirror that says he's an atheist. That one will say will the vast information online if you cannot get it done yourself then you don't deserve the money. That he can't be spoon feeding you

Even the ones that will ask you to pay for tutoring will still keep "salient" points away from you that will lead you to you making profits

So you all should keep your doings to yourself if you won't share update undecided

Both Atheist, Muslim o, Christian o when it comes to money they are all the same beasts. undecided
I understand your frustration. It is just what it is. I will personally never teach anyone anything. Also note that most people that do training are scammers. 99% of them.
My advice is, when you see person wey know road, make friends with them. Be tactical to learn from people making it and who are legit. Truth is there is legit money. Open your eyes
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by HardMirror(m): 5:01pm On Feb 03
cezarman:

Bro... Many Nigerians are suffering, no joke.

To walk these days tire me because the number of people begging for street don triple oh shocked Even married women sef angry

Though some students might be flexing because of Gee, crypto and prostitution etc smiley
crypto is legit feeding a lot of students. Makes me remember the OAU students wey chop Sui airdrop last year. Lol
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by kkins25(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03
zinaunreal:
Them don fvck fvck people children taya

No be small nacking... 😁 😁 😁
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Horlamidei(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03
zoeymikey:

Thank you

Can you please drop your details if possible I can find something to drop b4 this month runs out..
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by zoeymikey(f): 7:05pm On Feb 03
Horlamidei:

Can you please drop your details if possible I can find something to drop b4 this month runs out..
Oh really,, thank you so so much..
I'd really appreciate..
God bless you 😞😞
Palmpay
Mercy M..

1 Like

Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Mayor88(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03
Most of dem don join yahoo and hook ups.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Horlamidei(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03
zoeymikey:

I'd really appreciate..
God bless you 😞😞
Palmpay
Mercy M..

Amen

Will quote you when I send

Have been in your situation and I understand. Will try to keep to my promise
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Abdulkatcha(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03
Things are not more funny in this country oo it's really been tough
My school had resume over a month ago and I have stable to go back
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Lamanii22(f): 10:33pm On Feb 03
zoeymikey:

Hmmmm😞😞
It's natural,, have always been chubby...
Even if I fall sick I would still remain like this....
Like today I sip just garri plus I had exams today but it's well 😊😊at least I'm grateful that I have garri to drink...

Same here I’m ever so chubby I don’t think I can ever be slim
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Johnchrix(m): 12:08am On Feb 04
It wasn't easy, just graduated. Thank God I'm going for service on the 15th. Thanks to Sir YeyeGbami he is God sent. God used him and other nairalanders here in one way or other. My advise to students never give up no matter the situation.
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Horlamidei(m): 7:46am On Feb 12
zoeymikey:

I'd really appreciate..
God bless you 😞😞
Palmpay
Mercy M..

Sent you 10k. Help me manage that please
Re: How Are University Students Surviving In This Harsh Economy? by Mikel99(m): 8:05am On Feb 12
Horlamidei:

Amen

Will quote you when I send

Have been in your situation and I understand. Will try to keep to my promise
GTB
God will bless you in all what you lay your hands on sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Approves N400 Million Bailout For Nigerian Students Abroad / Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS / "University Of Calabar Vs Obafemi Awolowo University" Photo Fight Challenge

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.