Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,188 members, 7,950,109 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion (18478 Views)

CBN Sells Dollars To Banks For First Time In 5 Months / CBN Moves To Boost Financial Inclusion / Money Laundering Act: Cbn Moves Against Non-compliant Banks, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by piriton: 9:22am On Feb 02
Rubbish, so what is the function of CBN if they were allowed to do that and not sanctioned all these while. No need to say advertise what is your duty when you don't do it
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Sirmwill: 9:27am On Feb 02
GAS76:
Choose the starting point and please make sure you are the fore front. It is not enough to sit at the corner of your house and be forming Jet Li. You can take the lead and others will follow.

Do Nigerians need to protest?
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Nauttyprof(m): 9:43am On Feb 02
We are our own problem in this country Nigeria. Everyone wants to make more money at the expense of others.
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Sirmwill: 9:43am On Feb 02
Nauttyprof:
We are our own problem in this country Nigeria. Everyone wants to make more money at the expense of others.

Everyone in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by ChronicGp(m): 10:21am On Feb 02
I miss 9ja😜😁😬
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Adewale1603(m): 10:42am On Feb 02
bigdammyj:

Those who came out for Mohbad in 2023 knew their intentions and they did what they had to do.
You that think Nigerians need to protest in 2024, your year of “No Gree For Anybody” should gather likeminded people to protest as well.
that's where most Nigerians are fools and idiots of like-minded. They will rather protest for a dead mohbad, a successful celebrity who while alive enjoyed affluence, wealth and fame with their own empty or hungry belly, rather than to reason well and protest against their oppressors, the government who is responsible for their miserable state and condition.

1 Like

Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Moniya4Real(m): 10:50am On Feb 02
Nigerians, including those ranting here on nairaland are the main problem of the country. From the government at the top echelon of affairs to the governed. They place their interests above that of their beloved country.
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:07am On Feb 02
Islie:
Apex bank deploys monitors in DMBs to enforce compliance with extant rules

https://thenationonlineng.net/nairas-fall-cbn-moves-against-banks-for-hoarding-5billion/

CBN has got to do anything necessary to humanly or supernaturally possible to stop this naira free fall
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Yorubafonja: 12:01pm On Feb 02
Apc. Can lie
Thank God that afefe tife, we can see fowl ass
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by blueAgent(m): 1:31pm On Feb 02
Olachase:
I see Nigeria working again before this month end
I see Nigerians celebrating in joy
I see some people still not happy even if dollars $1 equal #50
I see some people praying for Nigeria downfall, but pernic not for they shall labour in vain

Jagaban should continue his work, for you can't please Nigeria citizen's

All this I have seen

You did not see yourself suffering and dieing of hunger?
Go treat yourself Malaria and typhoid.
Clown
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Olachase(m): 2:17pm On Feb 02
blueAgent:

You did not see yourself suffering and dieing of hunger?
Go treat yourself Malaria and typhoid.
Clown
enjoy yourself life is too shot
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by ozo13(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02
NinjaMetahuman:
Is that the reason access never have dollars in their miserable life? They collect your dollars but hoard it and won't give it back.

Everytime you go to the bank, they will tell you no dollar and expect you to go aboki.

If you give them dollars in the morning, go back there in the evening, they will tell you no dollars. Yet charge you dollars to transfer dollars to another access bank.

That horrible bank needs to be sanctioned by Cbn for corrupt practices.
most of the banks have there own employed bureau de change officials.This our country looks complex.Country in which most of the political class and some citizens are against it's progress .God help us
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Anabosee(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02
Sirmwill:
Nigerians

Seemed like they would wake up this year with their "No gree for anybody"

But no

Everyone is still greeing for all the suffering and insecurity.

In a sane country, protests would be rocking the whole nation every day. Strikes everywhere until something happens.

Instead, it's Mohbad that has died and left this annoying country that they can come out and protest for

"No Gree for anybody" my foot
I started to believe that Nigeria can't get better when they came out for mohbad,
Some places for this country never get light for 6 months but no protest.

Dem even burn Deborah to death no protest, but when e reach musician wey we nor even know him lifestyle, mumu youths came out with candle for night.
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Kelvinofficial: 5:24pm On Feb 02
Signs of a Financially weakened state. You can’t really blame the bank for their positions. Same government(CBN) that’s about to recapitalize Nigerian banks is also telling those banks to sell down their forex reserves?? Please somebody should make it make it sense. I still maintained that Emefiele was the best governor. These guy pulled us out of recession 2times, during the global financial crisis and also during the covid19 era without the Dollar putting the Naira on chokehold. Meffy invested massively in BIP, injected dollars into local manufacturing and also help Aliko source cheap dollar. These were against the CBN laws(proxy IMF/WB laws) but he knew that long term, this was the way to go. Now compare that to what Cordoso is doing
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by sinero: 8:13pm On Feb 02
dannyspeejay:
Thank God I left Nigeria on time...
I saw jagaban coming grin

So as u have left u have got no relative left at home. Keep deceiving ourself. Well ofcourse if u r a person that cares about only ourself sha.
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by dannyspeejay(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02
I moved my family along... enjoy the Jagaban system
sinero:

So as u have left u have got no relative left at home. Keep deceiving ourself. Well ofcourse if u r a person that cares about only ourself sha.
Re: CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion by Primusinterpares(m): 12:16am On Feb 03
No sanctions.
No bank has been shutdown due to these mal practices...

Since them put these new cbn gov. He's always moving no sanctions.... Yet naira is on a free fall

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander Proffers Solution To Epileptic Power & Unemployment As Seen On TV / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.