Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,118 members, 7,890,712 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force (5547 Views)

Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes / The Conditions From PDP Gov To GEJ Before Adoption / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by AfroBlue(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sahara Reporters captures the poor conditions of what Nigeria calls its Police Force and inmate facilities

This is where children and female suspects are kept

[img]http://saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/photo_images/Nov/This%20is%20the%20open%20space%20where%20statements%20are%20taken%20and%20suspects%20are%20interrogated, gif?1320723281[/img]
This is the open space where statements are taken and suspects are interrogated

[img]http://saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/photo_images/Nov/This%20is%20the%20toilet%20and%20bathroom%20for%20both%20male%20and%20female%20detainees%20at%20the%20Maitama%20Police%20Divisional%20headquarters, gif?1320723281[/img]
This is the toilet for senior police officers at the Mpape Divisional Headquarters

The glamorous outlook of the Maitama Divisional Headquarters is a mirage compared to its operational capability

The Maitama Police Division at least displayed information of persons detained

Cut open window in the male detention cell has been blocked by heaps of rubbish to abate the stench of the inmates human waste

The DPO of the Maitama Police Division briefing a team of visitors on the station's challenges

The breakdown of Police personnel under the Maitama Police Division

Bashed in and vandalised as if to say, 'of what use do these suggestion and public complaints boxes serve

Cramped up like sardines male suspects defecate, urinate and sleep inside this container

Even the station's banner stands obscure

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-condition-nigerian-police-force
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
There is no cause for alarm!
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by egift(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

There is no cause for alarm!

Really? Ok. Jonathan is ahead of the game.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
egift:

Really? Ok. Jonathan is ahead of the game.

Are you no more pro-GEJ?

Eyah, the eyes shall see.

@Post

What a joke. No wonder they take out their anger on you civilians.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by kelz88(f): 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
In Abuja? OMFG!! shocked

Needs a total makeover. SMH!
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by ronkebp(f): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2011
The condition is pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there should be a total makeover from the people that is recruited, the working conditions, their benefits, if the police force palava is not looked into then Nigeria, might not be able to stand for long, because the ones we have there now, are utterly useless.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by kelz88(f): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
Not in any way condoning collecting bribe but I can now understand why they may be involved in it.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
No Wonder . . . . !!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Rhino5dm: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Kenny Martins a cousin to OBJ eat a wooping 75 billion naira meant for police equipment funds. He is now a free MAN spending his fuccking loot.

The PDP-led evil government allowed him to GO scot-free.

The ugly mess is staring at us. 2012 is going be veeeerrry intresting year.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by ezeagu(m): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
One Naijeriya.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
kelz88:

Not in any way condoning collecting bribe but I can now understand why they may be involved in it.

Not in any way condoning collecting bribe but I can now understand why they may be involved in it == tacit approval, I think.
You are effectively sanctioning corruption by custodians of the law because of poor working conditions.
If we stretch this logic further, would it be considered acceptable to afford our poor suffering nurses, doctors, teachers, politicians grin et al  the same latitude?

See some citizen reports here: http://www.nigeriapolicewatch.com/category/citizen-reports/bribery/
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by ezzykay: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
it is appaling,the state of force in NIGERIA,i believe we can do better,even criminals are human beings.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by kelz88(f): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Not in any way condoning collecting bribe but I can now understand why they may be involved in it == tacit approval, I think.
You are effectively saying sanctioning corruption by custodians of the law because of poor working conditions.
If we stretch this logic further, would it be considered acceptable to afford our poor suffering nurses, doctors, teachers, politicians grin et al  the same latitude?

See some citizen reports here: http://www.nigeriapolicewatch.com/category/citizen-reports/bribery/

Nahhh.

Just saying I can understand why they may resort to that.

Why chicks might be involved in prostitution. Why people steal sad

It can get to that point where you snap, and do what you gotta do to stay alive.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by KayDee4: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
[size=16pt]Pathetic !!!!![/size]  sad sad shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by gmolen(m): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
Of a truth, the Nigeria Police Force needs an urgent attention from the governmt.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by seedord247(m): 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
Eeven the one dey for Mushin fine pass that one
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by occam(m): 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
Is this news? Not surprised at all. It's same situation in every public service sector in Nigeria. Result of top to bottom budgeting and chronic corruption. First allocate money for cars, housing allowance, office furniture etc for the "Ogas" and leftover to buy operational equipment, uniform for rank and file etc. Even the little money left will be cornered by Ogas and politicians to buy houses and cars.

Next news please
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Abujabir24: 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
THE POLICE FORCE IS PATHETIC, VERY PATHETIC.
PLEASE FELLOW NAIRALANDERS AS U KNOW AM NEW ON THIS FORUM, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO I POST A NEWS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THIS BLOG. PLS AM WAITING THANKS
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by egift(m): 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are you no more pro-GEJ?

Eyah, the eyes shall see.

@Post

What a joke. No wonder they take out their anger on you civilians.

Chai Ileke-IdI, you just fall my hand.

Support Jonathan - I dey craze? Me I am BB all the way. Here are some of the things I missed.

We all know the truth: Buhari will be mile ahead.
- Buhari will never go to Australia with 170 HomeJohns.
- He would have endeavour to fix all our current Power Generator and Refineries.
- Over 50% of our corrupt politicians would have taken an emergency holidays abroad
- Guilty people would have been in jail over lost money that was in their custody
- Security will be better and had MEND or Boko try anything (the will get immediate punishment).
- Subsidy will never become an issue.
- He stated N30b Economic fund to each of the 6 regions for immediate economic initiatives (not this YouWIN scam)
- Police restructuring (Federal, State and community Police - Training and more)
- Agriculture, Education, Health and other sector.

But since you guys supported a billionaire that sang "I had no Shoes"
[size=16pt]Face front and enjoy the "Fresh Air"[/size]
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by ifyalways(f): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Topic,Their office is way off better than their living quarters which can best be described as a gross eyesore.

Twa!
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by llbhuds: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
No be naija?
me I don loose hope tey tey for the country na
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by realchange: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2011
Nigeria Police [b]Farce [/b]summarizes Nigeria as a nation.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2011
This is the NPF? Worse still the pictures from Abuja, the FCT.

Shameful.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by snj: 12:53am On Nov 09, 2011
just look at what they called the senior officers` TOILET, someone should  imagine how the junior officers`toilet 'll look like?    N I G E R I A , Na mu ne, Allah na kallo nku, all you leaders. posterity will one day catch up with whoever is responsible for this great country's failure to develop.javascript:void(0);
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by snj: 12:55am On Nov 09, 2011
just look at what they called the senior officers` TOILET, someone should  imagine how the junior officers`toilet 'll look like?    N I G E R I A , Na mu ne, Allah na kallo nku, all you leaders. posterity will one day catch up with whoever is responsible for this great country's failure to develop.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 09, 2011
egift:

Chai Ileke-IdI, you just fall my hand.

Support Jonathan - I dey craze? Me I am BB all the way. Here are some of the things I missed.

Oh sorry, seems like I confused you with efisher.

LOL Can't keep on track with you ppl's usernames.
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by dabrake(m): 1:30am On Nov 09, 2011
snj:

just look at what they called the senior officers` TOILET, someone should  imagine how the junior officers`toilet 'll look like?    N I G E R I A , Na mu ne, Allah na kallo nku, all you leaders. posterity will one day catch up with whoever is responsible for this great country's failure to develop.
na the toilet fear me pass. Instead make i drop 'lumps' for that kain place, i go enter bush drop am. So pathetic. Animals will be proud of sh1tting on the floor
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by ak47mann(m): 1:47am On Nov 09, 2011
see the result you get from a failed state cool
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by yommysomguy(m): 6:14am On Nov 09, 2011
With such a condition, how will the police function?
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by yommysomguy(m): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2011
With such a condition, how will the police function?
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by anishe(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2011
The condition of the Nigeria Police force is terrible. I was in the office of the DPO of Akinpelu Police station in Oshodi and to my utter dismay, she has no system in her office, only the empty table and one 14'' TV. NA WA O FOR NIGERIA POLICE
Re: The Conditions Of Nigeria's Police Force by kufreabasi(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2011
With these shabby pictures called POLICE STATION, you should be able to adapt to any kind of environment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Strike Pictures / Al Mustapha Jokolo’s Bombshell: North Should Forget 2015 Presidency / Anxiety Grips Ministers As GEJ Plans Cabinet Shake-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.