Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,240 members, 7,880,895 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:50 AM

INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom (8564 Views)

INEC Suspends Election In 9 Wards In Kogi, To Investigate & Sanction Staff / INEC Suspends Rivers State Election / INEC Suspends The Announcement Of Results In Akpabio's Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by naptu2: 2:22pm On Feb 03
INEC Nigeria @inecnigeria

INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION

PRESS RELEASE

SUSPENSION OF RE-RUN ELECTIONS IN ENUGU SOUTH, KUNCHI/TSANYAWA AND TWO POLLING UNITS IN IKONO/INI

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announces the suspension of ongoing re-run elections in specific constituencies due to disruptions, irregularities and abduction of election officials. The affected areas are as follows:

Ikono/Ini Federal Constituency, Akwa Ibom State

Suspension of elections in two Polling Units (Village Hall, EdemUrua 003 in Ini LGA and Village Hall Mbiabong Ikot Udo 003 in Ikono LGA) where all election materials were carted away by hoodlums.

Enugu South 1 State Constituency, Enugu State

Suspension of elections in all eight Polling Units where the original results sheets were not available for inspection by voters before the commencement of polls.

Kunchi/Tsanyawa State Constituency, Kano State

Suspension of elections in all ten Polling Units in Kunchi LGA due to invasion, vandalization, and disruption by thugs.

The decision of the Commission aligns with the provisions of Section 24(3) of the Electoral Act, 2022. Further necessary measures for the affected constituencies will be announced after the Commission's meeting on Monday.

INEC invites the security agencies to investigate the incidents, while the Commission commits to thoroughly interrogating any breaches involving its officials.

Sam Olumekun mni
National Commissioner & Chairman,
Information and Voter Education Committee
Saturday 3rd February 2024

INEC Nigeria

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by TINTINABULATION(m): 2:23pm On Feb 03
This thread will reveal how decent an average Nairalander is, whether they can hold an argument, especially political, without resulting to insults.

Let's see....

3 Likes

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by immortalcrown(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03
Noted.

You can't provide enough security for ordinary by-elections. It shows your level of incompetence.

This godforsaken EYE-NECK may try to be transparent here because the biggest fishes in the politics of the nation are not seriously affected by the bye-elections. Therefore, I am not against the suspension of the bye-elections in those places, provided there is a good reason for the suspension. But it does not impress me.

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Bobloco: 2:32pm On Feb 03
shocked
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Sunofgod(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03
It has started....

grin
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by BOSSkesh(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03
Damn so sad
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Ancecoker(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03
grin
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by salbis(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03
A very useless commission - INEC.
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by nstore: 2:52pm On Feb 03
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Savedday2: 2:52pm On Feb 03
Of what use is the election to the common man?

Anyways, I bought a cartoon of indomie and 1 create of egg yesterday. It's time to draw timetable for next week.
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by nairalanda1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03
I blame Nigerians

Who are the hoodlums? Nigerians. Who sent them? Nigerians.

Nigerians don't like the concept of free and fair elections at all.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by OilandGasMarket: 2:52pm On Feb 03
Is there still hope for this country?
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Anguldi(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03
Poor voters turnout in Jos tongue
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by EyenIbibio1: 2:54pm On Feb 03
Brb
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by PressMyButton: 2:56pm On Feb 03
Look at Enugu where the result sheets in all the polling units were not available. The results could have been in a room where they were writing the figures. Elections have never been free and fair in the southeas..
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Kennitrust(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03
I just don't know the need for election in Nigeria when the system can select anyone of her choice to rule.

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Naijanascam: 2:59pm On Feb 03
Festus okoye is not the one signing for Hineck now grin grin grin
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Kennitrust(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03
When my life be need an helper...
I run around the world searching for an helper...
That was the reason I ran to my brother..
But the help oo he didn't care to render...
My dear see!
It makes me to begin to dey wonder...
I said my brother could not be my helper.. chiioo!
That makes to cry like a loser but I get up to meet God in prayer

Omo see! In prayer that Jesus start His wonder eeh and His wonders e strike like a thunder
And my enemies they all come dey scattered. Them carry hands for up and they cry. We have surrender....

Please my brothers...
Follow me thank God for Open doors abegi follow to thank God for breakthrough...
Jesus Christ don butter my bread... Abeggi follow me to see God in Power...

Chorus.....

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by mrdharkchild(m): 3:03pm On Feb 03
Stood their ground on the election results on the presidential level, on a no matter what happens basis.

Showing themselves in election wey no even concern us.

Small yansh one dey shake

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Achor1111(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03
As if they are for the people

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by Success957: 3:04pm On Feb 03
How this one take concern me
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by israelmao(m): 3:07pm On Feb 03
Yakubu is a crook,he must first be relieved of his job before electoral reform.

1 Like

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by ipobarecriminals: 3:14pm On Feb 03
cool
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by SMEpromote: 3:14pm On Feb 03
Once there is no deterrent for election violence, it will continue to happen during elections in Nigeria. The MC Oluomo's and his ilk who promoted election violence and those who perpetrated it during the last general election are walking free today. No consequence for their evils action meted out to innocent voters whose only crime was to come out to vote for the candidate of their choice. When INEC becomes serious with conducting elections in Nigeria we will all know it, but for now, they are only joking.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by socialmediaman: 3:14pm On Feb 03
grin
Re: INEC Suspends Election In Parts Of Enugu, Kano And Akwa Ibom by truthhurtsnaira: 3:19pm On Feb 03
OilandGasMarket:
Is there still hope for this country?

That ended in 1967 in GHANA....

Corporations own the entity called Nigeria and are siphoning the resources and distracting you with Afrobeats , EPL, Pastors, Reality Shows, and fake celebrity life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Save Nigeria Group Protest @ London Uk (pictures) / Why Do Nigerians In Diaspora Refer To Nigeria As Africa? / Families Want Overseas Treatment For Suntai’s Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.