Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,375 members, 7,968,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:19 PM

ERA Calculator Question - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ERA Calculator Question (94 Views)

More About GENESIS, A Football Prediction Software Or A Football Calculator / Best Betting Company Of Our Era / Hilarious: Nigeria's Perennial Calculator For Qualification Handed Over To S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ERA Calculator Question by jackaustin631: 9:52pm On Feb 03
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding ERA calculators and would appreciate your input and insights.

I've been using an ERA calculator to analyze pitching performances, but I've encountered a bit of confusion regarding its application. Specifically, I'm uncertain about how certain types of runs should be factored into the calculation.

Should inherited runners who score after a relief pitcher exits the game be included in the ERA calculation for that pitcher? Additionally, how should runs scored due to errors or passed balls be handled? Should they count towards the pitcher's ERA, or are they considered external factors beyond their control?

I've tried to find clarity on this matter through various sources, but I've come across conflicting information. Therefore, I'm turning to this forum in the hopes of gaining a better understanding of the consensus among fellow enthusiasts and analysts.

Any guidance or resources you could provide to help clarify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

(1) (Reply)

Sheltering Dreams: Finding Trustworthy Roofing Companies In Cape Coral, FL / This Is New Platform Hollybet In Nigeria !!! / AFCON Final: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Set To Storm Cote D’ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.