Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,595 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader (269 Views)

Which Xiaomi Phone Can I Get That Has AMOLED Display / The Xiaomi Note 7 Pro Would Be My Last Xiaomi Phone. / How Good Is Xiaomi Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by Khafsun: 12:44am On Feb 04
Hello Good people here. Please I need your help in locking bootloader for xiaomi note 13.
I am not so phone savvy but I ordered this phone on Ebay and I can't setup my banking apps—says that it's is jailbroken.

I made some further research and found out that the boot loader is unlocked in developer options. I assume if I can lock this, things will be back to normal.

I tired to check tutorials for this on YouTube but they have not been very helpful—either they are way advanced or geared towards an Indian audience and I don't want to brick the phone while poking through things I do not know . Please house, how do I proceed with my situation

Thank you!
Re: Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by SweetBuns(f): 1:30am On Feb 04
lol
You should be doing the complete opposite of what you’re suggesting here
Bank apps don’t work on phones whose bootloaders are unlocked, not the other way around
To lock back your boot loader, you will need the official Mi Unlock tool. Use YouTube videos to find tutorials on how to lock bootloaders

OR

You can keep the boot loader unlocked whilst enjoying using bank apps normally by first rooting the phone via magisk and then enforce denylist
Add the app to the denylist and reboot your phone

You could also fake having an intact safety net and mask your phones true state using some other modules I cannot remember now

2 Likes

Re: Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by Khafsun: 1:40am On Feb 04
SweetBuns:
lol
You should be doing the complete opposite of what you’re suggesting here
Bank apps don’t work on phones whose bootloaders are unlocked, not the other way around
To lock back your boot loader, you will need the official Mi Unlock tool. Use YouTube videos to find tutorials on how to lock bootloaders

OR

You can keep the boot loader unlocked whilst enjoying using bank apps normally by first rooting the phone via magisk and then enforce denylist
Add the app to the denylist and reboot your phone

You could also fake having an intact safety net and mask your phones true state using some other modules I cannot remember now
I am sorry but I think you've misunderstood my post. It's unlocked and I'm trying to lock it which is what I stated in my post. Then about YouTube tutorials, the few I saw weren't really helpful. I also stated that in my post.

Thanks

Edit: I see the mistake now. In the second paragraph I meant to say unlocked not locked. Corrected it.
Re: Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by searchng4love: 4:14am On Feb 04
Look for a prime hot oven and throw that nonsense therein
Re: Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by adeniyilamlek(m): 7:12am On Feb 04
Look for official firmware of your phone and flash it.

1 Like

Re: Help Locking Xiaomi Phone Bootloader by Incredible128: 7:48am On Feb 04
Head to the xiomi thread under phone section, u'll receive help there

(1) (Reply)

Who Pass Who Itel And Redmi / I Need Help.. Please... / Substandard Nokia Phones In Computer Village, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.