Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Changing From Windows 7 To Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Changing From Windows 7 To Xp (1122 Views)

Shortcut Virus Removal From Windows 7 PC / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by sanmy(m): 2:26am On Nov 09, 2011
Pls have been trying to change my PC from windows 7 to xp, bt when its about starting up it shows blue screen and have tried everything i could, plz can someone help plz,,,,
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by jacobadam: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2011
I have used windows XP. But i changed into Linux. I think Linux is lightening faster than Windows Xp.
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by Taolyn4lif(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
Win xp will lose it's microsoft support from 2012. The implication of this wil be loss of access to security updates, thus your computer's security wil be at stake. Apart from this, xp might not provide all the drivers for your pc, thus some hardwares may be rendered useless. Continue to use ur win7, it's the best microft o.s. so far. I hope you'll yield to my advice.
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by uthamaputi: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2011
Contact professional technician.
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by Maleeq(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2011
@sanmy
I'd suggest you go with @Taolyn4lif advice.

For your error, there could be a lot of things wrong, but the first indication in mind would be that you are using an installation disc without SATA support. (Its a hunch, for most/all laptops now sports a SATA drive). This would cause the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) you are experiencing.

Try getting a windows XP installation disc that has SATA drive support.

But then, I'd also advocate sticking to 7.
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by blackweaver(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
if your motherboard is old enough you may be lucky to have an option in bios to disable sata mode; perhaps if you tell us the model of the pc we can help you find out
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by kasiem(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2011
@tao,
what do u advise xp users like me to do?
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by blackweaver(m): 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2011
@kasiem
buy a new branded pc with win7? that way you get a legal version

don't mind me o, i'm a winxp user myself
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by Taolyn4lif(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
@kasiem and blackweever, you do not need to purchase new computers b4 you can have access to win7, purchasing original win7 dvd from any reputable software vendor and installing it on your pre-existing machine will do.
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by uselo: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2011
Will Microsoft provide me with the drivers that would work with my Hardware
Re: Changing From Windows 7 To Xp by Maleeq(m): 3:25am On Nov 29, 2011
@uselo

I dont think Microsoft is responsible for drivers for your hardware but your hardware vendor/maker. A quick check/search on the manufacturers site would give you an insight if the needed drivers are available for the OS you want to install.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Cybercafe Administrator / Pls Help With Starcomms Config On Tp-link Router / How Do I Increase The Wireless Reception To My Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.