Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,827 members, 7,886,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? (7674 Views)

Post That Verse From A Song That Inspires You / Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? / Nigeria Music Video Award (nmva) 2010: Which Music Video Rocked Last Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by badmrkt(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2011
music as we all know is the food to the soul,but paying close attention to the kind of music that is played now both foriegn and local you'll agree with me that our SOULS are starving because there's no good music that THEY can feed on.
everybody wants to sing but nobody makes good music anymore compare to the kind of music that was played in the past.
lately i've decided to listen to songs composed by our artist here in 9ja but to honest there's no good composer yet,expect for the few ones.i see the reason why no 9ja based artist have been able to win the GRAMMY,perhaps some day they will,but for now i don't think are ready for that yet.
below are the kind of music and the artists that get me inspired whenever i listen to their songs:
jazz:>>> YANI(tirbutes)
rap:>>> 2PAC & EMINEM(dear mama,2pac,space bound,eminem)
afro:>>>FELA KUTI(i no be gentle and many more)
gospel:>>>DON MOEN(God'll make a way and many more)
classic music:>>>>HANDELS(and glory and many more)
country music:>>>DOLYY PARTON,DON WILLIAMS ETC.(coat of many colours,broken hearts)
the list is endless,
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by iice(f): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
Mostly classical artists/composers.
One of my favorites is Thomas Newman. His music is melancholic and but importantly they seem to have a life of their own as if an additional character to a movie.
Another would be James Howard Newton who is like an aural chameleon. Everytime he's different but my favorites pieces of his are his fantastical pieces. They are able conjure up pictures in my head.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2011
@Iice, I seem to disagree wiv u that our music dnt send signals 2 d mind or messeges if I may, if u listen to P.square'z I luv u, 2.baba ft Sway, go dwn there and a few more u wil lrn a lot.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2011
Seriously, no hard feeling against Terry G, but assumin everyone are like me, He would av packed. In nigeria every nonsense is envy, there is this song I detaste so much, ALAJI. I stil can't figure why pple listen to it. Anyway, try Miranda lambert, am also a die-hard-fan of Keys
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Emmy3(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
Afro>
Bongos Ikwe & Mike Okro
Hip Hop>
2face
Party Break hip-hop>
TerryG & A'China
Rap>
Fat Joe
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by eminemkayc: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
[size=14pt]E M I N 3 M
O' T R I C E
D12
R O Y C E DA 5'9
C A S H I S
D R D R E
[/size]
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
Except ur new to 9ja music scene, then you wil knw that Asa  an international sensation, Nneka ton, Dare's first umdareyted album was too  messaging etc
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2011
Don moen and papa adeboye when he knee down and sing to God before he continue the service in any holy ghost service
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by tunyus(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
i luv music generally, but dia are some artist dat stand out for me
K1 D ultimate, am crazily in luv wit all his music.K1 is a genious @ his work

Naija hip hop,
2face, stand out, he is da best
Dbanj, he get swag
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
Internationaly, Nas, The Game, bad lyricist, Lupe fiasco, Eminem, p.diddy(my christian rapper respekt him 2 much)  4 d hip hop world, 4 nw
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ashiri1: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2011
ORIENTAL BROTHERS INT'L
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
Rnb God, bless Bruno Marz, Jessie J. Ummm,,, Alicia prewety Keys,SADIQ,  Trey Songz, 4 nw 2.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by joudini(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
Am a huge fan of conscious hip hop, so l luv all dem artistes under this genre. Then at nite, l listen to country and classical music.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
Inspires right? Not like. Hmmm
Coldplay, Greenday, Asa.
On the Gospel front Casting Crowns, Jars of Clay.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Freiburger(m): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nasir Jones
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2011
My late pastor.

Prophet EO Akinade wink wink smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by badmrkt(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
i don't care where the song comes from,but the amount of good messages it conveys.i'm very carefull when it comes to music,because over exposure to meaningless music can change your mind set.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
2-Baba

E.g:

- If Nobody talks about you - ft. M.I
- If to say na just me.
- You no holy pass
- Ocho

and the list goes on!

Least inspiring

Terry G

E.G

- Apkako
- Scatter your body
- Ginger your swagger

1 Like

Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by chines4(m): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2011
Gospel music, especially praise worships inspires me.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by biilwwu(m): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2011
Baba Ebenezer Obey
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by iykak47: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2011
Lucky Dube  and bro Chika Okpala
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Honeycity(f): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
asa

1 Like

Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2011
I luv Wale, drake too, Jadakis, and to jazz off sleep gv respect to Elvis presley and hz ol tym boiz, Beattles, kenny Rojerz, in shrt CoUNTRY MUSIQUE, CLASICAL, A LIL BIT OF SOUL, Rock BY GUD BANDZ, M.cheal jaksun was everly on point.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Parisgoodman(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2011
i really love R kelly and JayZ when it comes to RnB/Hiphop, Linkin Park are d Bomb when Rock calls in.
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by badmrkt(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2011
Okija_juju:

2-Baba

Terry G

E.G

- Apkako
- Scatter your body
- Ginger your swagger

shocked shocked shocked.okay, how do you rate good music?
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
Buh In 9ja gv it up 2.babah, p.square on gud daiz, M.I, AsA MY BESTEST, DARE,

1 Like

Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2011
Buh In 9ja gv it up 2.babah, p.square on gud daiz, M.I, AsA MY BESTEST, DARE,
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2011
badmrkt:

Bia!!

Which kind life sef? Why you edit my yarns, come form another thing?!  angry

You no see where I write "Least inspiring?" I dey mad wey Terry G tracks go be inspiration?

1 Like

Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by damola1: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2011
2face
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ortopazz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
badmrkt:

buh guy ref u ma no try o! He said least inspiring na
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by badmrkt(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
ortopazz:

buh guy ref u ma no try o! He said least inspiring na
sumtyms we fit mad but we no know grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? by ashiri1: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2011
LETS REMEMBA SONNY BOBO. SO INSPIRING!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falz – "Le Vrai Bahd Guy" (Video) / Weflo – Ise (Video) / Download IBIKE By Laz Ekwueme Music Sheet In PDF And Watch The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.