Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,767 members, 7,912,130 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:51 PM

Hold His Word –and Tremble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hold His Word –and Tremble (516 Views)

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye / If It's All Lies - How Come Witches Tremble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hold His Word –and Tremble by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
Were we all in the Word of God today?

Ps. 119:92 says, “If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.”

We are going to “perish in our affliction” –if we don’t get His Word into us. We are going to get swallowed by the storm —-now… or later… The cruel enemy of our souls is fighting overtime –and we all know this. Not one of us has not heard numerous on-going cries from our loved ones (and others) who are drowning in horrific problems and heartaches.

But: THERE IS GOOD NEWS! And that is, that there is a Bible on your shelf that has the answer! If you sincerely seek Him, take time to hear Him, and battle through praise, He promises to respond. (See Jer. 29:13,14 & 33:3 & Ps. 50:14,15,23) –Most likely differently than we expect, but certainly for our highest good.

God’s Word is Truth. We need to believe it to the core of our beings and take action. –Read it. Meditate on it. Know it. –It is life. It is healing. It is our only true source of consistent joy. It is our Light, our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverance…. Because The Word is also a Person!

“The Word became flesh and lived for a while among us.” (John 1:14) The Word they had then was the Old Testament, yet John, by the Holy Spirit, tells us that The Word is Jesus. So now we have even more than they had. We have all those beautiful words written down in the New Testament too.

Why do people not read the Bible? We should hold it in our hands and TREMBLE! We hold the words of the Living God –Maker of Heaven and Earth –Judge of the living and the dead… If we neglect it, we do so at our own foolish risk! If we put other things before His Word, we put other “idols” before HIM. And we therefore break the First Commandment. “You shall have no other gods besides Me.” (Ex. 5:7)

In quoting Deut. 6:5, Jesus says in Luke 10:27, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.” Are we loving God with that kind of energy. If not, then what does the neglect mean? It means that the one neglecting His Word is being rebellious. And what does God think about rebellion? Well, in 1 Sam. 15:23, He says it is as the sin of witchcraft.

Rom. 2:8 says, “But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.” Everyone should check that they have not fallen into this category, for as 2 Cor. 13:5 says, “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.” Because the second half of that verse implies that a “believer” may fail the test.

“By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. [Not the world's word.] Otherwise, you have believed in vain.” (1 Cor. 15:2)

This is God’s authoritative Word! And as He says in Isa. 66:2, “This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at My Word.”

Let’s remember that this life is only one tiny microscopic dot on the very long line of eternity. “One stone,” I often remark, pointing to pavement, “let’s pretend, is your life. ALL the stones on ALL these streets, let’s say, is eternity. Compare what you want to make important. This one stone? Or……… –Eternity?”

And Bible-believers know that the one stone determines the quality of all the rest of the stones. (1 Cor. 3:13-15 & 2 Cor. 5:10)

Article
Re: Hold His Word –and Tremble by HISchild: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
Amen. "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." - Heb 4:12-13
---
"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." - Luke 4:4
Re: Hold His Word –and Tremble by knowjack: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
@frosbel The Bible is not the easiest book to read. As a result many do not read the entire book, they just pick certain psalms or passages that they like, but they do not truly know what the bible says. Others stay away from it all together because they find it intimidating and may just wait for their paster to explain it to them.

Are there any easier versions to read than the king james version that you think are good?

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Heaven Or Paradise / Days of Praise - The Peace of Christ / Jesus Is Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.