Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:03 PM

We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (2718 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / See The Silly Mistake A Foreign Newspaper Made About President Buhari. Photo / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by nku5: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2011
@namfav - point out one lie the man has told
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Dede1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2011
Rudolf Okonkwo should leverage his position as columnist to spur Ndigbo to start training in clandestine warfare and handling of assorted assault weapons. The preaching of sermon of unity among southerners in Nigeria is a complete waste of time. There is no doubt most parts of Nigeria have perfected in handling of some of the weapons. Boko Haram is a typical example.
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by homerac7: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2011
It's shameful to see so many sanctimoniuos people here claiming to b more Nigerian dn d other because he/she is from "other" divide of d country. Shallow thoughts displayed here by most posters simply confirmed their equity wt same barbaric hordes dt effected d various progroms in d North. Given favourable excuses, they all want piece of d barbaric action too, isn't it? Yes, at least that's d subtle clamour I can deduce from many noises and plenty empty talks so far.

U want division? Go ahead and do it, what r u waiting for? Who told u it will giv u peace n security? It's only fooolishness to think dat if u hav a failed state as neighbour, it will b none of ur headache. In fact, u bear d brunt most! Boko haram menace has fortunately been limited to certain areas wc makes it better manageable dn an all-over epidemic. The situation isn't so terrible per se, what's really terrible is indolence of d government.

When boko harem came out wt list of impossible demands, a good negotiator tells u dt they aren't unreasonable, dey only want to b taken serious. Simple! But what we hav on ds forum are juveniles calling for war and anarchy, to which I ask; unto what end? Separation from d "backward north" to create ur safe haven republic, isn't it? Then u r double stooopid!

Kenya would rather annex southern Somalia in others to guarantee her security. Turkey wld do same to NW Iraq; Pakistan, southern Afghanistan; Uganda, northern Congo DR; Israel, West Bank, Golan heights, Gaza strip. Many more. No sane nation or people want neighbour wt internal security problem. U had rather hav a legitimate incursion as part of republic as present Nigerian excuse or face up to frequent spill overs dt will b worse for u. So what wld b d gain of separation?

If by far chance ur dream comes true, do u think BH will b ur only worry? U must b joking or plain stoopid to consider it as a main problem, when u hav hordes of Taureg warlords, Chadian rebels, Islamist groups, AQIM and bands of others ready to dip their beaks in. It's just obvious dat many here don't know what is happening on other side of d current boarder. When u also factor in d very high possibility of discovery of oil and gas on ds side of Chad basin, what do u think u hav? Sum of all ur fears! Somalia will b a paradise compared to ur new neighbour.

Finally I will like to ask u, when u say North, who and who r u pointing fingers at? Is it based on religious affiliations or ethnic proximities? Oh! I forgot, all "northerners" r animals and villains, while d "southerners" r saints and angels. So kill them all, abi?

North has a tremendous social problem, agreed. But excising her is most unwise. D solution is in SNG and getting d northern leadership to show commitments towards social re-engineering there. It's our problem, if we like it or not! Either we face it and help d north through it (taming our devil) or we abandon d north and creating our very own nemesis.

Let us learn to apply good judgement above emotional outbursts.

Peace in our time.
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by HighChief4(m): 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
namfav:

his surname is okonkwu, you can see he is trying to sow divisions in nigeria by putting fear in every nigerian
as an ibo man he is trying to put that fear in every nigerian in the south, that is a tactic they try, he starts by asking northerners not to read, why? because it is false, he does not want to be cited for a liar that he is

If you are actually mentally stable and wrote the above statement, then I would conclude you wrote that under influence of alcohol. Are you trying to tell us that other Southerners were not killed in the mayhem apart from Igbos? Do you know how many southern youth corpers that were slain in the North(may their souls Rest In Peace)? Honestly, I really dont blame you because the people you are tryin to win over always buy whatever you guys feed to them. But very soon it will be game over for you and your blood-suckin-brainwashed-almajiris. Very annoying set of people
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by HighChief4(m): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
homerac7:

It's shameful to see so many sanctimoniuos people here claiming to b more Nigerian dn d other because he/she is from "other" divide of d country. Shallow thoughts displayed here by most posters simply confirmed their equity wt same barbaric hordes dt effected d various progroms in d North. Given favourable excuses, they all want piece of d barbaric action too, isn't it? Yes, at least that's d subtle clamour I can deduce from many noises and plenty empty talks so far.

U want division? Go ahead and do it, what r u waiting for? Who told u it will giv u peace n security? It's only fooolishness to think dat if u hav a failed state as neighbour, it will b none of your headache. In fact, u bear d brunt most! Boko haram menace has fortunately been limited to certain areas wc makes it better manageable dn an all-over epidemic. The situation isn't so terrible per se, what's really terrible is indolence of d government.

When boko harem came out wt list of impossible demands, a good negotiator tells u dt they aren't unreasonable, dey only want to b taken serious. Simple! But what we hav on ds forum are juveniles calling for war and anarchy, to which I ask; unto what end? Separation from d "backward north" to create your safe haven republic, isn't it? Then u r double stooopid!

Kenya would rather annex southern Somalia in others to guarantee her security. Turkey wld do same to NW Iraq; Pakistan, southern Afghanistan; Uganda, northern Congo DR; Israel, West Bank, Golan heights, Gaza strip. Many more. No sane nation or people want neighbour wt internal security problem. U had rather hav a legitimate incursion as part of republic as present Nigerian excuse or face up to frequent spill overs dt will b worse for u. So what wld b d gain of separation?

If by far chance your dream comes true, do u think BH will b your only worry? U must b joking or plain stoopid to consider it as a main problem, when u hav hordes of Taureg warlords, Chadian rebels, Islamist groups, AQIM and bands of others ready to dip their beaks in. It's just obvious dat many here don't know what is happening on other side of d current boarder. When u also factor in d very high possibility of discovery of oil and gas on ds side of Chad basin, what do u think u hav? Sum of all your fears! Somalia will b a paradise compared to your new neighbour.

Finally I will like to ask u, when u say North, who and who r u pointing fingers at? Is it based on religious affiliations or ethnic proximities? Oh! I forgot, all "northerners" r animals and villains, while d "southerners" r saints and angels. So kill them all, abi?

North has a tremendous social problem, agreed. But excising her is most unwise. D solution is in SNG and getting d northern leadership to show commitments towards social re-engineering there. It's our problem, if we like it or not! Either we face it and help d north through it (taming our devil) or we abandon d north and creating our very own nemesis.

Let us learn to apply good judgement above emotional outbursts.

Peace in our time.

My friend stop spewing rubbish, we all know we are different kinda people and share nothing in common. How do we live as one when some group take certain decisions without considering that the country is a multi tribal nation. Have you people ever strectched the hands of peace for once? How do you explain the annual killings in the North? Yeah, you dont care prolly cos you have never lost anyone close to you in any of those pogroms. One day you might be the one that will be lynched and Boko haram will make a mataryh of you as you think the best option is to embrace them. Let me put it clear to you, the problem of Nigeria is that we are deceiving ourselves that we "ONE". Punto
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Ivynwa(f): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
High_Chief:

My friend stop spewing rubbish, we all know we are different kinda people and share nothing in common. How do we live as one when some group take certain decisions without considering that the country is a multi tribal nation. Have you people ever strectched the hands of peace for once? How do you explain the annual killings in the North? Yeah, you dont care prolly cos you have never lost anyone close to you in any of those pogroms. One day you might be the one that will be lynched and Boko haram will make a mataryh of you as you think the best option is to embrace them. Let me put it clear to you, the problem of Nigeria is that we are deceiving ourselves that we "ONE". Punto

@High chief
Thanks my brother!
This is the truth here. It is clear to the northerners that they can't stand the christians and need their own country to implement the law they want. The only thing preventing them from doing that is that they have their eye on the oil in the south as one of them clearly pointed out in this thread below for me https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=797093.msg9489494#msg9489494

The southern christians themselves are in denial for I can't imagine how somebody clearly detests you, is falling upon you for what you have and yet killing you and you still stand and watch the person without running for your life. How long shall we stand and count the deads, what statistics are we waiting to get to before something is done. Nigeria needs to quickly bring all rulers together to the drawing board for them to determine where the "U" in the "united" that is between us is, if it isn't there any more there is no need to stand togetherĀ again.

This wickedness needs to stop, we need to co-habit in peace or disintegrate for the sake of peace. This is my stance on Nigeria just like this Rudolphy writer said it, I feel itĀ  and say it the same way he does. It is only an unfeeling person that can remain silent and unconcerned with the mayhem going on in our country.
Re: We The silly Southerners By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo by Yeske2(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2011
To be candid, i would love this country to remain one but these incessant killings is making one scared of the worst. Kind of in support of the author

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Exposes The Hypocrisy Of Yoruba Race / Forbes Powerful Women:okonjo-iweala Selected, Patience Jonathan Overlooked. / OKADA Nightmare Or Transport? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.