Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,775 members, 7,930,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:31 AM

Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks (16329 Views)

Dangote Refinery Set For Production As Crude Supply Hits 6 Million Barrels / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States / Dapo Abiodun: We Will Deliver First Phase Of Cargo Airport In 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by nairalanda1(m): 5:26am On Feb 13
Mikelarteta:
If Nigerians cannot buy fuel at N350 per litre as a result of the refinery,what is the importance to the common Nigerian man?

Oga, to refine one liter of fuel costs about N700, if not more.

And you want Dangote to sell fuel at N300 or less?

Seriously, you guys will come and be forming businessman on this site, yet you expect a business to sell at a price that favours you?

Newsflash...businessmen sell at prices that favour them, their family, their sidechicks, their shareholders, their workers, their suppliers and their maintenance people. Not at the price that favours you and me.

Because government listened to people like you, they brought in subsidy and from 1988 when we had refining capacity of 400000 bpd we went down to 92000bpd and then to 6500bpd in 2019. ..all because most of us thought that fuel should be cheap.

If Dangote sells fuel at N350, that refinery will collapse in five years time...because he won't be able to pay for maintenance, etc..because he is not making a profit at all.

And if your government subsidises the fuel, lol...that shows your government is getting ready for another round of debt from IMF and world bank.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:35am On Feb 13
Nna eh, within how many weeks Na.... Ewo ni within weeks? Weeks can be 52weeks which equal one year
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Bluntemperor: 5:40am On Feb 13
Chinjo2:
At what price per litre?
In Nigeria, Local rice is now more expensive than foreign rice.

At what Price is he Selling to the Nigerian Masses?
Afterall,his Cement of N3,500 is now N7500 in the same Nigeria and the man just keep silent but why?
Is this the Price of being a Monopoly?
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by ivandragon: 5:42am On Feb 13
At what price?
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Blaze14k: 5:55am On Feb 13
iampeterben:

I am excited cos money used for importation will be used for something meaningful in the country.

How about the subsidy money and how are u sure it will be used for something meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by easzypeaszy(m): 6:05am On Feb 13
If you bliv dis kind news from Nigeria..We will We will ehhnnn...Dey supose use u do money ritual

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by zed7: 6:09am On Feb 13
This people talk too much. Set to, will do, about to, bla bla bla. Just do it already and stop all the rubbish propaganda. Like Nike advert says, Just Do It.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by azpekuliar: 6:20am On Feb 13
kokoA:
Even pregnant woman no dey Tay deliver reach like dis.

😁
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Forest122: 6:29am On Feb 13
Nice one
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by safetyInspector(m): 6:34am On Feb 13
We are deceivingourselves with this Dangote refinery and Dollars on fuel importation.
Will NNPC/Others sell crude to Dangote in Naira? Will Dangote hire the ships that transport the crude in Naira? Will Dangote import spare parts, and pay his foreign workers in Naira? Dangote refinery will barely have impact in Dollar exchange rate.
Paraman:
Even though this news put a smile on my face but "in weeks" tu ni? 😦

NNPCL won't need to spend billions of dollars importing petrol, jet fuel, kerosene, diesel etc once the PH and Dangote refinery start selling. this will lead to the naira breathing some fresh air soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Midex88(m): 6:38am On Feb 13
Blackfire:
This refinery na scam

Can you explain
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by bluefilm: 6:45am On Feb 13
Too much talk; little or no action at all
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Paraman: 6:45am On Feb 13
safetyInspector:
We are deceivingourselves with this Dangote refinery and Dollars on fuel importation.
Will NNPC/Others sell crude to Dangote in Naira? Will Dangote hire the ships that transport the crude in Naira? Will Dangote import spare parts, and pay his foreign workers in Naira? Dangote refinery will barely have impact in Dollar exchange rate.

When the PH and Dangote refinery start selling fuel to Nigerians and international customers, pressure on the naira will be relieve.

No matter what, the NNPCL/Nigeria won't spend billions of dollars importing refined petroleum, Nigeria will become and exporter this year and this will also make us earn more dollars.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Skyehigher1: 7:09am On Feb 13
Oloriburuku if fuel is not cheap at least 300 or 350 then this refinery is useless for Nigeria
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Tayorshd87: 7:13am On Feb 13
ReubenE:
Dangote Refinery and Portharcourt Refinery, I don't know which of them is going to win the contest of;

We will,
Set to,
At the verge of,
Will begin,
Will start,

About to
Coming to
Thinking to 😂😆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by bewla(m): 7:14am On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
At what rate is this a good news to us or a bad one

This guy most be stop

Imagine local cement now 7300 dangote you are bastards greedy and wicked not Muslim man
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:22am On Feb 13
Jessyjeff:
Let the company deliver the fuel before announcing it. That's the only thing Nigerians are interested in.

For now, Epi npiawa azu is the new normal!

The company are not just the ones announcing, journalists are asking individual workers in the firm for the info and releasing it, thats how journalism works
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Bigsunny01(m): 7:22am On Feb 13
As if it would bring down de cost of fuel to 100 per litre

Animals
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by oyeb15: 7:24am On Feb 13
To sell an 1k per litre ba
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Kaiser20: 7:45am On Feb 13
iampeterben:
This is a good news, Nigerians can't wait, let them start fast.
So naira will appreciate to #900 per $1 from next week
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Fortuneed(m): 7:45am On Feb 13
Kindly stop disturbing the internet with this Dangote fuel issue most especially if it won’t be sold cheaper
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by safetyInspector(m): 7:49am On Feb 13
But Dogote will spend millions of Dollars to buy crude? If Dangote will not buy crude in Naira it will not make much difference. If they sell crude to Dangote in Naira, the inflow of Dollars for that number of barrel will stop.
Paraman:

When the PH and Dangote refinery start selling fuel to Nigerians and international customers, pressure on the naira will be relieve.

No matter what, the NNPCL/Nigeria won't spend billions of dollars importing refined petroleum, Nigeria will become and exporter this year and this will also make us earn more dollars.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Joey4321: 7:50am On Feb 13
Paraman:

NNPCL won't need to spend billions of dollars importing petrol, jet fuel, kerosene, diesel etc once the PH and Dangote refinery start selling. this will lead to the naira breathing some fresh air soon.

Lol

Your heartbreak ehn
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Paraman: 7:59am On Feb 13
safetyInspector:
But Dogote will spend millions of Dollars to buy crude? If Dangote will not buy crude in Naira it will not make much difference. If they sell crude to Dangote in Naira, the inflow of Dollars for that number of barrel will stop.
You keep on talking g about Dangote, is Dangote the only refinery I am mentioning on my post? The NNPCL will also start selling refined petroleum very soon too.

Dangote and the NNPCL will sell to Nigerians in naira and sell to international customers in dollars.

How many barrels of oil do Dangote need per day to run his refinery sef? Nigeria is producing more than 1 million barrels per day.

I still stand my ground, the pressure on the naira will be relieved once our refiniries
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by udemzyudex(m): 8:08am On Feb 13
These guys no dey ever tire for this kind news?
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by udemzyudex(m): 8:09am On Feb 13
Paraman:
You keep on talking g about Dangote, is Dangote the only refinery I am mentioning on my post? The NNPCL will also start selling refined petroleum very soon too.

Dangote and the NNPCL will sell to Nigerians in naira and sell to international customers in dollars.

How many barrels of oil do Dangote need per day to run his refinery sef? Nigeria is producing more than 1 million barrels per day.

I still stand my ground, the pressure on the naira will be relieved once our refiniries

Oga let them do it already, stop feeding us with unnecessary news.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by sukar886: 8:10am On Feb 13
Rubbish
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by VanuatuWycombe: 8:16am On Feb 13
matify83:
The last time, we were informed that it's the quality control regulators that are yet to clear the jet A1 fuel and diesel produced for delivery into the market .

Does it take eternity for a product to meet regulators specifications?
Our regulators don’t have the lab or equipment to test the Euro standard of diesel and Jet-1 fuel being produced by this new refinery.
Most of the samples have to be sent abroad for testing.
And you know our government officials (civil servants) nah, I guess they use normal cargo delivery, instead of using all those ‘next-day’ delivery cargo planes ✈️.

May be nah Agofure, Edegbe or Peace Mass Transit buses carry the samples by road through desert go Libya or Tunisia port sef before dem come dey look for lapalapa wey go carry am cross Mediterranean Sea go Europe for testing. 😁😁

Jokes apart, I don’t expect well handled samples refined petroleum products to take more than 3 weeks before results are released.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by themanderon: 8:22am On Feb 13
Paraman:

You may be surprised naira will keep rising abi no be Nigeria again? Which economic law has ever worked here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Ghoxt: 8:24am On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Do he own the refinery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by themanderon: 8:24am On Feb 13
matify83:
The last time, we were informed that it's the quality control regulators that are yet to clear the jet A1 fuel and diesel produced for delivery into the market .

Does it take eternity for a product to meet regulators specifications?

This is Nigeria. Nothing ever works as intended.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by themanderon: 8:27am On Feb 13
ReubenE:
Dangote Refinery and Portharcourt Refinery, I don't know which of them is going to win the contest of;

We will,
Set to,
At the verge of,
Will begin,
Will start,

Whenever you see those words and phrases you will have a very loooooooong wait. It's the language Nigeria politicians use to deceive the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Searching For Gej's Achievements / Senate Demands Reinstatement Of Obiano’s Security Aides, Condemns IGP / INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.