Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,019 members, 7,987,656 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:00 PM

What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level (342 Views)

Reasons Why Thick Tyres Are Better Than The Standard Models / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level by natedroid: 10:57am On Feb 13
WHAT'S THE STANDARD ENGINE OIL MARK LEVEL

This morning, I inspected the engine oil of a '08 Camry (Spider) that I just started using last month. I realized that I haven't changed the oil since I bought the car, and after calling my neighbor to help confirm the level, he informed me that the engine oil is low. I'm quite anxious now, as the car is still very clean and well-maintained.

I haven't started the car since today and I'm thinking of bringing a mechanic to my compound to do Oil change .

The engine of the car still good like this so ??

Re: What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level by Nomerci: 11:58am On Feb 13
Top it with mobil1 liter
Re: What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level by aieromon(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13
I see 2 dots on the dipstick indicating low and high level. You need to top up to the high level dot.

Run an oil change as soon as possible.
Re: What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level by Shellsploit: 8:29pm On Feb 13
Its short on oil.
Its better to top off to avoid affecting your engine bearings/ knocking sound
Re: What's The Standard Engine Oil Mark Level by natedroid: 9:13pm On Feb 13
My mechanic found a leak under the car that needed to be sealed. I'm glad he discovered it because the leak was the main reason for the oil shortage. He fixed it this evening by removing the bottom plate, sealed the leak, changed the oil and filter, and now it's good to go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clearing Agent At Your Service / Clearing Agent At Your Door Step / Many Sensitive Problems In Mobile Repairing :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.