Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:26 AM

7zak7's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 7zak7's Profile / 7zak7's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Sports / Re: Moto GP 2007 (Motorcycle Racing Season) by 7zak7: 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2007
It is nice to see that we have some motoGP fans in Nigeria, i am a serious fan and am planning to watch at least one race live this year,( am saving toward it), i have followed motoGP since 2001 and never missed a race and i even got myself a bike last year, i am life supporter of the doctor (you can see this from my Rossi 46 helmet). the engine capacity has been reduced from 990cc to 800cc this year, so all sort of thing are bound to happen with this new engine size from all the teams, stoner's ducati may have straight line advantages but racing is much more than straights,  usually sunday morning races about every 2 weeks in between races, worth it if you need some new interest in your life, attached are the 2007 team racers

Car Talk / Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by 7zak7: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2007
if you want to ride a bike in this country and live to tell others about it, you will need to know some basic facts first, you are 27 times more likely to be killed on a bike as compared to a car, you are 128 times more likely to be seriously injured that in a motor car in Nigeria.

I sold my car in Aug 2006 and got myself a bike and have been using it as my only transport since, it is good and enjoyable but it also has its down sides such as bad weather days make you blue, mobile phone using drivers make you want to mount an RPG in from of your bike, traffic that takes out the biking lane, a non start morning which means getting all finger dirty just to clean the spark plugs.

The ups are more and better than the downs of biking, i love the feeling of freedom with the wind around you, good fuel miles per gallon figures, my wife is thinking of getting her own helmet after passing her car in traffic one night, only for her to get home two and a half hours later exhausted, generally you get noticed everywhere you go,

my only advice to anyone thinking of picking up a bike are:

1. start with a small cc machine 125 or 250.
2. train for at least 10 hrs total in a closed parking lot (weekends most are not in use).
3. try to cover 100km in this parking lot before you even think of the road.
4. get yourself a good lid, not those plastics helmets but a real helmet no matter the price it is worth it.
5. try to invest in a pair of gloves and boots, ankle injury is very common on bikes.
6. believe in yourself and have confidence and ride within your ability, do not ride for others or play follow me.
7. watch the speed brother, i know it is tempting.
8. look where you want to go always, believe me you go where you look.
9. easy into corners, it is not worth it sliding on tarmac.
10. have a true believe that everybody on the road is out to kill you.

but i must admit motorbike riding is FUN.

1 Like

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.