Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu (630 Views)

Peter Obi Could Be Nigeria’s Next President - The Economist / Obi Could Have Gone Far, But Obidients Can’t Control Their Mouths - Reno Omokri / Kwankwaso: Peter Obi Could Have Been My Vice President In NNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Jokerman(m): 11:25am On Feb 14
By Ayodeji Oyewunmi.

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Jokerman(m): 11:27am On Feb 14
So Peter Obi and Raji Fashola were both awarded best governors of the decade.

Well if Peter Obi is a Failure, then that means Fashola is a Failure then...😬
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Jokerman(m): 11:27am On Feb 14
Did Peter Obi bribe Bill Gates ni??

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Jokerman(m): 11:29am On Feb 14
This is Labour party's full listings of Mr Obi's works and deed as Anambra State governor

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by richie240: 11:32am On Feb 14
Ni99a had 8 years to turn anambala state to mini-dubai but failed woefully.
So na nigeria e wan take test-ride abi??
cool

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Putinofrussia: 11:43am On Feb 14
Trying to sell a rotten egg to who exactly?
Soludo?
He knows better.
With Buhari's absymal performance,he got awards even from abroad.

Obi was known as Bad Omen by Anambrans.
Somebody that stole Anambrans money to invest in Fidelity Bank where he was a beneficiary.
Betta Edu is a learner where and when Obi steals according to the Constitution.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by sekundosekundo: 11:43am On Feb 14
richie240:
Ni99a had 8 years to turn anambala state to mini-dubai but failed woefully.
So na nigeria e wan take test-ride abi??
cool

Show me one standard road or hospital built by Tinubu in Lagos.
Don't forget the IGR is #50B per month use your calculator and press #50B × 96
months.

2 Likes

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by richie240: 11:53am On Feb 14
If not for ethnic bias, how did a dull obi who ran anambala state aground as governor for 8 years, - who u all joined mouth together to castigate as a failure- suddenly bcom d next best thing after slice bread.

Dey play!
cool

sekundosekundo:

Show me one standard road or hospital built by Tinubu in Lagos.
Don't forget the IGR is #50B per month use your calculator and press #50B × 96
months.

2 Likes

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 11:58am On Feb 14
I'll just put this there

99% of our income was going to debt servicing at May 28, 2023.

And I'll leave it there.

(Perosnally, I think that Tinubu, Atiku and Obi were the same, so, don't go there.)
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by RenaissanceGuy: 12:05pm On Feb 14
Jokerman:
And you think Bill Gates is in the right place to determine who the best governor is, here in Nigeria?? This is one of the fake news photoshops obidients concocted during the election. I agree that Obi performed credibly well, but this your photo is out of it.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14
Probably start production manually rather than force Nigerians into production through hardship.

PROBABLY.

For me, that's the only different thing PO would have done.

And perhaps invited foreign mercenaries.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Broveens42(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14
NPFLADMIN:
Probably start production manually rather than force Nigerians into production through hardship.

PROBABLY.

For me, that's the only different thing PO would have done.

PO can't do anything because nija is a Royal niger company. They are afraid of the inevitable and wana come through the back door to practice law.

“When I came in 2015 I told you i was coming and I came. Now am telling you again I'm coming and will bring hell with me"~ MNK

"I'll destroy nija with the truth"~ MNK

" Kanu has gotten Biafra" ~ Obj
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Judgementa1: 12:41pm On Feb 14
He would have done worst infact the economy for don collapse by now.

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

Obi was the only one of the candidates talking about NIgeria being productive. Yes, it was just talk, but it was better than the other two

(I voted for none of the three by the way, so I am not obidient or tinubuist, or atikulate)
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Broveens42(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

Ekpa was right
A lot of people don't know the major woes of nija started when MNK was arrested in 2014 and worsened by his extraordinary rendition. Britain is fully rattled by this set up and level of intelligence. If only people knew how many billions of dollars are being spent to stop one man

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Judgementa1: 12:51pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

Obi was the only one of the candidates talking about NIgeria being productive. Yes, it was just talk, but it was better than the other two

(I voted for none of the three by the way, so I am not obidient or tinubuist, or atikulate)

But he is the highest importer of foreign goods amongst them.

He derive his wealth from container economy thereby contributing to the weakening of our naira.

Will he allow his businesses to perish. I don't believe him, easier said than done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

He derive his wealth from container economy thereby contributing to the weakening of our naira.

Will he allow his businesses to perish. I don't believe him, easier said than done.

Maybe, but having more made in NIgeria products reduces his need for dollars to import.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by blacknp(m): 12:54pm On Feb 14
Jokerman:
So Peter Obi and Raji Fashola were both awarded best governors of the decade.

Well if Peter Obi is a Failure, then that means Fashola is a Failure then...😬
Who named you, abi na you name yourself Joker Man?
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Judgementa1: 12:55pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

Maybe, but having more made in NIgeria products reduces his need for dollars to import.

Yes u're right.

He has to set the standard if he wants to be taken serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14
Broveens42:

PO can't do anything because nija is a Royal niger company. They are afraid of the inevitable and wana come through the back door to practice law.

“When I came in 2015 I told you i was coming and I came. Now am telling you again I'm coming and will bring hell with me"~ MNK

"I'll destroy nija with the truth"~ MNK

" Kanu has gotten Biafra" ~ Obj

Royal Niger company?

You're talking about the UK?

Please speak in layman's terms.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by blacknp(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

You dey mind Hypocrite Gringory Obi & his disillusioned Oblivious Obidients?

Consumption to production propagandists?
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

Yes u're right.

He has to set the standard if he wants to be taken serious.

Still I give him kudos for talking about producing more than consuming. That is a truth our economy needs to hear. If it is coming from an importer, yeah, hypocrisy, but at the end, we import too much and don't make things too much.

I mean we use phones in this country well well, so why haven't our money men and women got some cash and signed a deal to even assemble phones here in this country. Even if it is phone like Nokia torchlight?

Atiku and TInubu were quiet about producing more. If they had even just talked like Obi about it back then, maybe I might have had some small hope for this country then.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by blacknp(m): 1:04pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

Still I give him kudos for talking about producing more than consuming. That is a truth our economy needs to hear. If it is coming from an importer, yeah, hypocrisy, but at the end, we import too much and don't make things too much.

I mean we use phones in this country well well, so why haven't our money men and women got some cash and signed a deal to even assemble phones here in this country. Even if it is phone like Nokia torchlight?

Atiku and TInubu were quiet about producing more. If they had even just talked like Obi about it back then, maybe I might have had some small hope for this country then.
Politicians lie a lot, It is part of the game to make bogus promises, Gringory Obi is a bare faced liar, na em guilty conscience make am they use that catch.

Consumption to production indeed, actions speaks louder than words.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Judgementa1: 1:08pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

Everyone one way or the other contribute to these mess we find ourselves in.

And from what I observed Nigerian prefer foreign made goods over the local ones.

Reason why our local manufacturers e.g Innoson and co are struggling to break free.

How do we make gains if we continue in this path

Lets hope things get better.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Draslo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14
Jokerman:
This was one of the fake news they implanted in Obidient brains when they were being zombified
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Neddstark: 1:18pm On Feb 14
Jokerman:
By Ayodeji Oyewunmi.

Who is Ayodeji Oyewunmi?
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Tallesty1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

Everyone one way or the other contribute to these mess we find ourselves in.

And from what I observed Nigerian prefer foreign made goods over the local ones.

Reason why our local manufacturers e.g Innoson and co are struggling to break free.

How do we make gains if we continue in this path

Lets hope things get better.
Your observation is incorrect. Why buy local when the price difference is barely noticeable? For instance, when a mudu of local rice was N500, the foreign one was N550 to N600 at most. So why buy local?

Imported tomatoes were cheaper than Dangote's locally made ones. Why?

That is the question people need to ask. If the government puts the right policies in place, stops multi-taxing producers, provides electricity, and other necessary resources, once there is ease of doing business, the local products will be too cheap to ignore.

People who will patronize Innoson are those who can afford new cars, which is like less than 5% of Nigerians.

If the price difference between the local and foreign is not significant, we will opt for foreign. But if it is too attractive to ignore, then we will have no option but to opt for local.

We know why the local products are too expensive.

EreluRoz I believe you can learn a few things about Obi here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by EreluRoz: 1:38pm On Feb 14
Tallesty1:
Your observation is incorrect. Why buy local when the price difference is barely noticeable? For instance, when a mudu of local rice was N500, the foreign one was N550 to N600 at most. So why buy local?

Imported tomatoes were cheaper than Dangote's locally made ones. Why?

That is the question people need to ask. If the government puts the right policies in place, stops multi-taxing producers, provides electricity, and other necessary resources, once there is ease of doing business, the local products will be too cheap to ignore.

People who will patronize Innoson are those who can afford new cars, which is like less than 5% of Nigerians.

If the price difference between the local and foreign is not significant, we will opt for foreign. But if it is too attractive to ignore, then we will have no option but to opt for local.

We know why the local products are too expensive.

EreluRoz I believe you can learn a few things about Obi here.
It's sad you still think Obi is what Nigeria needs now. You obviously don't have an idea of the mess.

It's revolution or nothing
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Tallesty1(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14
EreluRoz:
It's sad you still think Obi is what Nigeria needs now. You obviously don't have an idea of the mess.

It's revolution or nothing
I am not interested in what Nigeria needs.

I just want you to admit that you had a better choice in the last election.

Nigeria can hang for all I care.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by EreluRoz: 1:42pm On Feb 14
Tallesty1:
I am not interested in what Nigeria needs.

I just want you to admit that you had a better choice in the last election.

Nigeria can hang for all I care.

Nigeria will not hang in Jesus name amen. I still believe things will change. I just want everyone to be happy.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Fighttillvictory: 2:42pm On Feb 14
Judgementa1:

lets assume he is the president and all this is happening or even worst. Then i think nigeria would have been hell by now with ur lots doing protest upandan. But u won't see that happening because it ur brother sitting(tribal slave). And the other side with the relative peace in SE compaired to other region would have called it biafra theart and would have done up to three coup by now.
Re: What Obi Could Have Done Differently From Tinubu by Judgementa1: 4:32pm On Feb 14
Fighttillvictory:

lets assume he is the president and all this is happening or even worst. Then i think nigeria would have been hell by now with ur lots doing protest upandan. But u won't see that happening because it ur brother sitting(tribal slave). And the other side with the relative peace in SE compaired to other region would have called it biafra theart and would have done up to three coup by now.

What have your people not done.

Call for military to take over even when the man has not been sworn in then.

Call for him to be killed.

Call him what is not, tell me what is that if it not tribalism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: Kogi Tribunal; Murtala Ajaka Of Sdp Humble Ododo And Apc Again / Families In Disarray As Tinubu's Government Continues Hostage Of Binnance's Exec / Gov Soludo Completes 26.4km Amansea-ndiukwuenu-ezinator-okpeze -ufuma(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.