Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:10 PM

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis (712 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by Mateco556: 4:50pm On Feb 14
The landing cost of imported petrol has skyrocketed to over N1,000 per litre as Nigeria’s foreign exchange crisis worsens, according to investigations conducted by BusinessDay.

At the prevailing black-market exchange rate of N1,500 per dollar, data indicates that the landing cost of petrol, encompassing the product’s international price, shipping, insurance, and associated expenses, surged to N1,009 per litre from N720 per litre recorded in October 2023....

https://ratecaptain.com/petrol-landing-cost-hits-n1000-litre-amid-fx-crisis/
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by MADIFF: 4:51pm On Feb 14
grin grin

Well .........it is well I said it subsidy is back, this man just want rule he no Sabi anything.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by muzically(m): 4:56pm On Feb 14
TINUBU
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by RepoMan007: 4:58pm On Feb 14
Where is nairalanda1. Let him come and rage about profit must be made with Otumokpor and person life.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 14
RepoMan007:
Where is nairalanda1. Let him come and rage about profit most be made with Otumokpor and person life.

cheesy

Things must be sold at a profit. That fact has no regard for your feelings.

Things must be sold at a profit. If it makes you cry and be abusive like a five year old, so be it.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14
grin

See how TInubu and APC pay to maintain the illusion.

Now, either they face reality, or they keep paying for the illusion.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by Paraman: 5:07pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:
grin

See how TInubu and APC pay to maintain the illusion.

Now, either they face reality, or they keep paying for the illusion.
Show evidence Tinubu is paying subsidy
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14
Paraman:

Landing cost N1000

Price of petrol...N580-700.

If you cannot see.....

Your leader is paying a subsidy. If you like, deny, deny...facts is facts.

FACTS!
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by RepoMan007: 5:15pm On Feb 14
Paraman:
if you throw stones to every barking dog, you won't get to where you are going. That dude is well known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by seborrhic: 5:31pm On Feb 14
The fraudster is paying subsidy through the backdoor,as I schooled some people but he doesn't want to admit it because his 2 singular policies has destroyed the Nigerian economy and as expected he is now clueless on how to wriggle out of the cul-de-sac he has put Nigeria in.
So long ₦ continues its free fall fuel without subsidy would be increasing in price.
At ₦1500/$,fuel should be selling at nothing less than 1350/litre then I will see if our docility will still endure

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by Paraman: 5:54pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

Landing cost N1000

Price of petrol...N580-700.

If you cannot see.....

Your leader is paying a subsidy. If you like, deny, deny...facts is facts.

FACTS!
Facts without evidence?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14
Paraman:
Facts without evidence?

cheesy

OK o.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by DogDaysAreOver: 6:11pm On Feb 14
We no no say na christmas bubu dey do for us
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:17pm On Feb 14
Paraman:
Facts without evidence?
your own evidence is the word of a lying politician that has been lying on record

The facts are the realities on ground
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by Paraman: 6:56pm On Feb 14
NzogbuNzogbu:
your own evidence is the word of a lying politician that has been lying on record

The facts are the realities on ground
Provide the amount the government has been paying
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by a4cube: 7:24pm On Feb 14
RepoMan007:
if you throw stones to every barking dog, you won't get to where you are going. That dude is well known.

https://dailytrust.com/imf-confirms-return-of-petrol-subsidy-under-tinubu/#:~:text=The

Maybe IMF is lieing.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by rejoice4eva(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14
That some people are still defending this failure of a government is another eighth wonder of the world!
It shows gross insensitivity, irresponsibility and massive wickedness.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by MMWandali: 8:45pm On Feb 14
Anyone believing subsidy is gone is joking

With such cost
Subsidy must be paid for the excess
Unless the government wants catacata
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by JulianBond007: 9:25pm On Feb 14
So government pays subsidy of 300naira per liter for how many litres?
Well they should keep paying the money. Nigerians cannot keep suffering high cost of fuel
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 8:23am On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
RepoMan007:
I don't recommend taking oaths with politicians before coming out to support them sheepishly. It can corrupt the brain forever except grace finds your greedy ass.

Don't ever abuse or use any foul language on me again.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by RepoMan007: 9:15am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

Don't ever abuse or use any foul language on me again.

is your brain working well elder?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15
RepoMan007:
is your brain working well elder?

Yeah, old boy, yours is working very well.

I end it here with you. Consider this a win, especially since you don't like to lose.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by alezzy13: 1:14pm On Feb 15
seborrhic:
The fraudster is paying subsidy through the backdoor,as I schooled some people but he doesn't want to admit it because his 2 singular policies has destroyed the Nigerian economy and as expected he is now clueless on how to wriggle out of the cul-de-sac he has put Nigeria in.
So long ₦ continues its free fall fuel without subsidy would be increasing in price.
At ₦1500/$,fuel should be selling at nothing less than 1350/litre then I will see if our docility will still endure

Nothing really new. As far back as Sept last year, the likes of Bismarck clearly showed some sort of subsidy was still being payed.

So what's the problem? Should he totally remove subsidy?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by seborrhic: 2:13pm On Feb 15
alezzy13:

Nothing really new. As far back as Sept last year, the likes of Bismarck clearly showed some sort of subsidy was still being payed.

So what's the problem? Should he totally remove subsidy?
He would have no economy to operate and no country to govern.
He shouldn't have removed the initial subsidy and devalued the naira at the same time with that worst inaugural address.
See why I say he has boxed himself and Nigeria into a cul-de-sac with his s tupidity:
He removes subsidy again because of the Naira free fall and watch fuel go to 1500 and rises as naira falls and watch a total collapse of whatever is left of the economy;
Or he continues paying subsidy again and watch as it becomes unsustainable and also collapses the economy if the Naira is not strictly controlled.
The third viable option is for him to resign and let his deputy take over and get fresh eyes and perspective on the situation.It maynot be a total change but Emilokan has lost the trust,confidence of majority of Nigerians,to do anything positive,so his deputy taking over will,if for nothing,give a faint belief that things may change with new ideas and policy prescriptions.
It's like the bounce that usually comes when a new football manager takes over from a failed,sacked one.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by Deogratiasfx: 5:03pm On Feb 16
seborrhic:

Pls don't insults the man who built Lagos. He will surely build Nigeria.
#Asiwaju till 2031
#We will show Igbo pepper
#we will eat tribe and religion
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre Amid FX Crisis by seborrhic: 5:33pm On Feb 16
Deogratiasfx:

Pls don't insults the man who built Lagos. He will surely build Nigeria.
#Asiwaju till 2031
#We will show Igbo pepper
#we will eat tribe and religion
Na you Sabi,God knows I didn't mention anybody's name.Even if I mentioned Tinubu,there are at least 10,000 people bearing that name in Lagos alone

(1) (Reply)

Today’s Photos : The Infamous NEPA Had Helicopters Used For Carrying Out Inspect / Attend To The Niger Bridge Now! / States, Lgs Don't Need More Money - Ac Chieftain .they Should Justify Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.