Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,626 members, 7,878,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira (28580 Views)

Man Sprays Bagful of Dollar Notes From Upstairs to Passers-by in Shopping Mall / CBN To Refund ₦35 Million Capital Deposits To BDC Applicants / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by chidiokay: 9:19pm On Feb 16
WantsandMore:
lol. Some of you when pressed for facts you turn abusive. Why?

OGa stop feigning clever, type "Net Importer" on Google and post what you 1st see ..

that your source that is more credible than google and oxford show us
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by InvertedHammer: 9:45pm On Feb 16
/
Is it really necessary? All they need to do is disable "Withdrawal " or "Transfer" button on their apps. Tell customers who come for OTC withdrawal that dollar is not available. The customers can wail and curse to no avail. Final final their dollars are trapped and we move to updated Shege pro max version 2.

With this level of desperation, it is a matter of time before customers' funds will be trapped. Some diehards think it is inconceivable. Oh well...

/
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Mankind2024: 10:25pm On Feb 16
No be joke, na real trick, I received this mail weekly from FBN plc, asking me to go Naira.
I'm patriotic but the balance of USD in my dom account is for NASDAQ investment.
Na government say make we diversity, na him me self diversify my portfolio of investment to NYSE, Nigeria self hold their foreign reserve in USD.
Until the government change all the balance of foreign resav to Naira, I will not stop buying USD.
Not an emergency decision but a decision taken at d time wry Buhari dey print Naira recklessly, wey we come dey hear say the Buhari cabal dey steel all the money, na im me self come dey save my sweat and blood proceeds in dollars.
No single patriotic Nigerian, the patriotic one are in the graveyard.
All the leaders of Nigeria after Ebora Owu are natural disaster to the people of Nigeria.
You do not need to see a prophet that the floating Naira is heading for the south. It appears the government peg it against the USD. Km 3k loading.
Survival of the fittest in the jungle of life.
God bless me
God bless my family
God bless Nigeria, na im we dey ooo.
Make we take time, Naija go better.

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Mankind2024: 10:49pm On Feb 16
Tendd:
More than 30 billion dollar lie fallow in different banks, in the name of domiciliary accounts and we are facing dollar scarcity in the country.Keeping such gigantic amount unutilised is more like hoarding and speculation.Moreover, that sum is close to 34 billion dollar which is Nigeria's budget of 2024.What the government can do is initiate new laws to begin taxing on those money or give time for owners to start converting the dollar into Naira.There are really no long term benefits for keeping such sum if there are put into the running of the economy.
There is always a counter move in the game of chess. The next move to bypass this problem will be the emergent of apps that allow Nigerians to save in dollars and bitcoin.
Already, Binance offer this via P2P.
Nature is very dynamic you can't 📦 a thinker.
When Emefiole banned Crypto in Nigeria, what was the result?
Nigeria leads in Crypto investment in Africa, 3rd or 4th in the World.
If government confiscate our hard earned sweat and blood, the consequence would be a paralytic economy.
We no follow the destroyers of Nigeria chop subsidy money, legislooters that earn more than their counterparts in other nations of the World. We bought no private jet, we no follow them go Jerusalem and Mecca where Nigeria donate scarce forex to Already rich countries in the name of Pilgrimage that is usually subsidised by the FGN/States.
Think about it deeply, the masses are not 2 be blamed, no be we dry steal Nigeria crude oil daily, bunkering is a rich man business.
Illegal gold mining is a rich people business
Boko Haram, Kidnappers , and unknown gunmen are being sponsored by the very rich individuals in Nigeria. The government was so afraid to name them.
In addition, the food hoarders are being sponsored by political opponents.
This one na just a food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by LhoOd: 4:29am On Feb 17
NuCypher:

Learn about USDT. What you are holding is toxic asset. Even the tether organisation doesn't have 1:1 assets to back USDT. You guys holding USDT are all going to burn one day. I said it.

you are depressed.. na hunger cause am sha
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Great0ne1: 5:40am On Feb 17
koyeni:

I'm surprised Nigerians have not even taken to the streets. one thing I know for sure is that there's hunger and anger in the land and we hope things dont spiral out of control if the government fails to act fast
Yes, they are trying to adjust. But the government doesn't have answer to our crashing naira. The purchasing power of the common man will continue to diminish. They will inevitably revolt and it will start from north and south west
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by 7lives: 11:05am On Feb 17
TheGiftedOne:
Blockchain technology you do this one for me.

Thank you crypto.

Darling USDT.

🙌

Your head dey there.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by 7lives: 11:10am On Feb 17
Emman08:
Why this desperation for dollars? 100% sure it's Yemi Cardoso's CBN putting pressure on the banks to get the dollars at all cost. At this rate they may seize customers deposits o. Is this their revenue drive?

No one is forcing any stupid bank o.
They've been doing this nonsense since I can remember.
Sterling and Stanbic are the number one culprits, I don't even know which one craze past among the two.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Johnjustice: 12:45pm On Feb 17
Speculators and dollar hoarders contribute to dollar scarcity, they are hiding the currency in their account and houses, hoping the value goes up...the president should do something that will scare them to bring out those dollars from their holes and domiciliary accounts.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Emman08: 1:31pm On Feb 17
7lives:

No one is forcing any stupid bank o.
They've been doing this nonsense since I can remember.
Sterling and Stanbic are the number one culprits, I don't even know which one craze past among the two.

Stanbic are the worst. They keep telling me if I don't withdraw from dom account it will become inactive. I just withdraw and deposit straight back! grin
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by WarriAproko: 2:22pm On Feb 17
Trash. Why not make the black market hoarding the Dollar illegal
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by TheGiftedOne(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17
cucumbar:
please how do I open a USDT account ?

Download Trust wallet. Google how to use it. It's the best possible to teach you.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Tendd: 3:12pm On Feb 17
Mankind2024:

There is always a counter move in the game of chess. The next move to bypass this problem will be the emergent of apps that allow Nigerians to save in dollars and bitcoin.
Already, Binance offer this via P2P.
Nature is very dynamic you can't 📦 a thinker.
When Emefiole banned Crypto in Nigeria, what was the result?
Nigeria leads in Crypto investment in Africa, 3rd or 4th in the World.
If government confiscate our hard earned sweat and blood, the consequence would be a paralytic economy.
We no follow the destroyers of Nigeria chop subsidy money, legislooters that earn more than their counterparts in other nations of the World. We bought no private jet, we no follow them go Jerusalem and Mecca where Nigeria donate scarce forex to Already rich countries in the name of Pilgrimage that is usually subsidised by the FGN/States.
Think about it deeply, the masses are not 2 be blamed, no be we dry steal Nigeria crude oil daily, bunkering is a rich man business.
Illegal gold mining is a rich people business
Boko Haram, Kidnappers , and unknown gunmen are being sponsored by the very rich individuals in Nigeria. The government was so afraid to name them.
In addition, the food hoarders are being sponsored by political opponents.
This one na just a food for thought.

I am talking of increased hoarding and speculation which is one of the motives for people to keep such a huge sum of money.Most functional economies in the world would never allow that much money to lie there without being taxed or changed to their currencies.
I am not saying the government should confiscate people's money and it's always your choice to look for other alternatives to save your money.
Other things you mentioned like kidnapping, Unknown gunmen, mining etc are hearsay or rumours that can not be substantiated and even at it, shouldn't be use as an excuse to not proffer solutions to improve the economy of the country.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by U1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17
Tendd:

I am talking of increased hoarding and speculation which is one of the motives for people to keep such a huge sum of money.Most functional economies in the world would never allow that much money to lie there without being taxed or changed to their currencies.
I am not saying the government should confiscate people's money and it's always your choice to look for other alternatives to save your money.
Other things you mentioned like kidnapping, Unknown gunmen, mining etc are hearsay or rumours that can not be substantiated and even at it, shouldn't be use as an excuse to not proffer solutions to improve the economy of the country.

Did you really think those who illegally "hoard" foreign currency - like all these corrupt politicians - keep them in banks? I can vouch that the bulk of the foreign currencies in banks are from legal dealings. So you want people to be taxed for simply saving their money in a more stable currency?

On the bold section, could you give examples of functional economies that have made such a move? I doubt you'd even be able to name one because they won't let their money lose value as much as the Naira has. So there's no need for such an action to start with.

So you still think that kidnappings, illegal mining, oil bunkering etc being sponsored by influential people in the country is mere rumour? Even without being told, shouldn't you have been able to figure that out? I don't believe that hypothesis because people merely suggested it; it's simply hard to think otherwise!
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Tendd: 8:59pm On Feb 17
U1:

Did you really think those who illegally "hoard" foreign currency - like all these corrupt politicians - keep them in banks? I can vouch that the bulk of the foreign currencies in banks are from legal dealings. So you want people to be taxed for simply saving their money in a more stable currency?

On the bold section, could you give examples of functional economies that have made such a move? I doubt you'd even be able to name one because they
won't let their money lose value as much as the Naira has. So there's no need for such an action to start with.

So you still think that kidnappings, illegal mining, oil bunkering etc being sponsored by influential people in the country is mere rumour? Even without being told, shouldn't you have been able to figure that out? I don't believe that hypothesis because people merely suggested it; it's simply hard to think otherwise!

Again,you keep referring to unverifiable claims, hearsays, half-truths etc.Have your monies in the bank and pay taxes for it, nothing wrong with that.And l am not saying there aren't some few bad eggs in the system but that ain't any excuse or reason to not make amends on banking laws or directives.l won't want to delve on lists of global economies but l can tell you that,most economies do tax anymore that has a minimum of 10.000 dollars on your account Even those hiding their monies through stock,index fund etc are oblige to pay huge taxes.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by U1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18
Tendd:

Again,you keep referring to unverifiable claims, hearsays, half-truths etc.Have your monies in the bank and pay taxes for it, nothing wrong with that.And l am not saying there aren't some few bad eggs in the system but that ain't any excuse or reason to not make amends on banking laws or directives.l won't want to delve on lists of global economies but l can tell you that,most economies do tax anymore that has a minimum of 10.000 dollars on your account Even those hiding their monies through stock,index fund etc are oblige to pay huge taxes.

Regarding the bold section, if you cannot even mention a single economy as an example of those "functional economies" that would take such an action that you proposed, then there's no point in bringing that up to start with.

I can boldly tell you that no democratic or elected government would tax investment (stock, index fund etc). They would only tax the gain or returns from it, not the capital.

If you have ever gotten savings interests, put money in fixed deposit, or invested in stock/mutual funds, you'd know that tax is paid on just the profit. That's standard practice! The percentage of tax may only differ from one place to another.

You seem to already have your mind made up. So there's no need for any back and forth. Just believe what you choose to believe. With time, you may know better.
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by emekad2: 9:57pm On Feb 18
Please is there a website where we can follow what rates the banks are using? Someone said Access is 1100. What about other banks?
Re: Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira by Emenyt(m): 6:01am On Feb 19
abeg who has opay palmpay etc account for sell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS, COMPANY AND NGOs WITH CAC / Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.