Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian (205 Views)

Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Uncompleted Or Abandoned Stories In Nairaland / My Islamic Short Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian by Ozioma06(f): 11:55am On Feb 16
hello guys, I need your help, how can I publish my short stories in Amazon as a Nigerian writer, pls if you have published yours before or have knowledge about it. pls do put me through in the comment section. Thank You.
Re: How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian by pabon(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19
Putting you through won't be so easy as to writing everything out in the comment session. It takes a learning curve. You'd need to edit the book. Then, design a catchy cover. You'd need to also come up with a blurb. After that, there are keywords that should identify your short story. Also, what categories (three at least) can your story be classified under?
Then, there is the small matter of pricing (not forgetting deciding if you'd want Amazon to take 30% or 70% off the profit from the book). All of these are things you'd have to learn. I'd advise you watch YouTube videos on the subject. I bet before you watch ten, you might get the idea. And I hate to disappoint you. but unless you're doing this for passion rather than profit, writing one short story and publishing it might not move the needle much (heck, it might not move it at all). A lot goes into making a living from fiction (marketing, branding, et al). Still, I wish you well. May the odds be in your favour.

1 Like

Re: How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian by Galacious1: 12:51pm On Feb 20
pabon:
Putting you through won't be so easy as to writing everything out in the comment session. It takes a learning curve. You'd need to edit the book. Then, design a catchy cover. You'd need to also come up with a blurb. After that, there are keywords that should identify your short story. Also, what categories (three at least) can your story be classified under?
Then, there is the small matter of pricing (not forgetting deciding if you'd want Amazon to take 30% or 70% off the profit from the book). All of these are things you'd have to learn. I'd advise you watch YouTube videos on the subject. I bet before you watch ten, you might get the idea. And I hate to disappoint you. but unless you're doing this for passion rather than profit, writing one short story and publishing it might not move the needle much (heck, it might not move it at all). A lot goes into making a living from fiction (marketing, branding, et al). Still, I wish you well. May the odds be in your favour.
Well said.
Re: How To Publish Short Stories In Amazon As A Nigerian by Ozioma06(f): 8:06pm On Feb 21
Thanks for d advise

(1) (Reply)

Forbidden Love By Favour Osawemwenze / Have You Watched The9jaboy's Adventure Visual Book? / The Best Of Mario Cozy Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.