Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

I Am Tired Of Going To Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Tired Of Going To Church (17614 Views)

Poll: Am i in order?

Yes: 44% (55 votes)
No: 45% (57 votes)
Undecided: 9% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / What's Your Purpose Of Going Home For Christmas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Feraz(m): 12:41am On Nov 12, 2011
. . . .well, what i can say is if you believe God speaks to people, then, i'll tell you to get books written by a.w. Tozer, watchman nee, john buyan, gbile akanni, david wilkerson and also a book called "Holy Ghost school". Find an appropriate time when you know you'll be free and maintain that time everyday. Read the bible along with the above books (your bible reading should not have a particular time but should be read constantly). . .
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Limaoscar: 1:55am On Nov 12, 2011
Nairaland is a forum that exposes people IQ. There is a ladder that connects heaven and earth, the ladder that Angel ascend and descend. This ladder is not found in the bible. It is found in human mind. So human mind is the most expensive treasure on earth. But if this mind stays too long under an oppression, preachings, teachings, environment etc the mind gets obssessed, captivated, disconnected, obscured and begin to affect thinking faculty. So what people post in this forum is a reflective of what obssesed their mind. That's whhy i say no body is intelligent to know how foolish he is until he faces the nemesis. Gaagi, as I've said earlier follow your mind. Whatever you believe, hold on to it! Because the greatest truth in life is not found in bible

Stay away from Him, He is a Bible based born again Christian NOT a "Foo.l" and heretic personality like yourself okay?[i][/i]
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Revolva(m): 2:28am On Nov 12, 2011
@poster you never see anything, its now your eye don clear, i belive that many Nigerians eye will clear soon, mee too i have stopped it/like 3 years ago, even if i want to go sef, just for invites, its not my sunday sunday tonic, me and my Jah I, my Mancha
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by chrisj2000(m): 2:49am On Nov 12, 2011
and soon you'll get tired of not going to church
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Sirniyeh(m): 6:35am On Nov 12, 2011
Joagbaje, are you a pastor? You sound to be too religious in all your postings. Are you making money thr church? Are you among theose who merchadise bible? Nothing you post that will be strange to me. If i narrate my experiance with church and pastors you will stop to be religious. What is religion? What is worship? Is church d place to serve God? What is service to God? Well, no matter what, you can not speak beyond what you know and understand. Experience makes mature so am bold to tell you that the greatest truth is not found in bible and church.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2011
“The Only Church That Illuminates Is A Burning Church”

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Sirniyeh(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2011
To all, if you really need the truth about God and human destiny pls get a book THE MYSTERY IN WOMANITY. sincerely this book is loaded with mysteries that had ignorantly ruined many careers, destiny, homes, etc. It is available on Amazon or www.redleadbooks.com get the book and uncage yourself from doctrine of men.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Lenny5000(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP
you are not alone on this, Cos so many  Pastors are nothing but business men using the Bible to fleece their congregation dry. Yes you can have your own "CHURCH" at home, When 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name I will be there.(Scripture) As long as you are not alone, you are fine. So home Bible study with friends or family is Church. The building has never been the church but the people. Dont allow anyone tell or try to teach you what's not in your Bible, Bless.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by splitnaija(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2011
Nigerians are finally giving some room to  common sense and reason in their religious lives.

The truith is that more and more christians are now realizing the deception and tricks being used by these fake prophets to milk their followers dry and the first reaction that comes to mind is to stop going to church.

That malachi 3 passage they always allude to is a perfect alibi for advance fee fraud or 419 - bring whatever money you have now in return for a greater amount of money. And if you don't get the promised miraculous return on your "investment", you are told to bring more and more tithes & offering. And if eventually nothing happens as expected,  then u are branded a sinner or perhaps u didn't pray aright or you don't have faith.

It's really a win-win situation for all these religoius scammers.

@poster
Follow your mind, churches as we know them in Nigeria today are avenues for exploitation of the gullible.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by wetu: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2011
many events, miracles etc are not in the Bible but all our doctrine should be based from the Bible:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The pattern of things in heaven is very clear in Revelation 4 and 5. No saints, No Mary. Where did you get the idea that Mary can hear your prayers? She is waiting for the judgement like any other person who lived and died on earth.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2011
5 pages already?   shocked shocked shocked
Thanks to everybody that responded. It seems to me that i am in order, a lot of people think so, from the poll. People have really abused religion. I am glad that they are even people thinking like me. I was beginning to feel guilty for having such thoughts.

So, i guess it is operation stay at home. By the way i would like to say i admire latter day saints and Jehovah's witnesses. I like their simple lifestyle and they are not greed i think. Have no intention of ever becoming one of them sha, just commending dem.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by dankol: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP i am avin d same problem. Bt i tink its nt d best 2 stay home. Forsak nt d gadarin of d bredren.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by purplekayc(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2011
i truly dont understand why nigerians go to church when what we do and our thoughts are not even directed by what we hear there?? all we do is pretend that we are good in that realm when we are actually not //
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by ispeed(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2011
@Poster

Please try islam. Get yourself english Quran and English Hadit read it yourself. You can worship your God any mosque in the whole world and you dont need to be slave to any alfa. Just an advice.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by splitnaija(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ Don't even go there, the stupidity in Islam is worse than that in all other organized religions combined.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Niyil: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2011
Poster what do you mean by stupidity in islam
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by 989900: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2011
@Gaggi: You are 100% right to abort going to churches until you find one that's right for you. DO NOT let anyone convince you otherwise. You kknow better, afterall, it's just business nothing personal. The only thing personal is your relationship with God which I see you value much.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by splitnaija(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2011
Niyil:

Poster what do you mean by stupidity in islam
You're assured of heaven in Islam if you die killing non-moslems whether innocent or not (77 virgins are additional incentives for this).
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
You are the church!!!!!!!!! until you understand you are the church you will find your self running from one church to the other. when Christ shall come, He will select those who are His home not a body of those who are gathered, but such individual that that washed, redeemed and spotless. I was a deeperlifer before and when i came down to lagos and i dnt get a branch closest to me, i had to give myself to prayers and fasting for God to chose for me a church cos i know i cant just enter any place to worship. si i got married in lagos and prayerfully God gave me and my husband a place to worship, i mean a redeemed church and we are happy to be there.
@ poster am not recommending for you to worship in any church but i tell you if you are willing to worship God, pray and wait for Him.
Another testimony i will like to share was when i got a job and it was on shift, i go to work on sundays and this does not impress me at all, so i got worried, one day in my warries about not being able to go to church cos of my work schedule, God ministered to me and said, its your worship i need not going to church! my friend (s) you may sleep in church and if you are not doing the will of God, nothing go comot for there even if your pastor is bringing heaven down. You are the Church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by oluwatonia: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
As caropy said,YOU are the temple of God and you can worship God anywhere you are.Also,the bible says it is not good to forsake the GATHERING of BELIEVERS because IRON SHARPENS IRON. The bible also warns us that ALL our righeousness is like filth before God.We can only find favour before Him by His Grace because the bible makes us understand that God shows mercy to those who pleases Him to show mercy to.

Try to understand that as long as it is people running churches,anomalities are bound to be but as the adage says and i quote,''do not throw out the baby with the bathwater''.So we agree that there are doctrines that don't go down well with us in churches.

Remember David though,he committed such atrocities even murder.Yet the bible makes us to understand that he was a man after God's heart!!!Why?
He knew that we can not give anything to God but our PRAISES!!! where else do we get to dance and praise God but in His sanctuary?
Also,being in a congregation encourages our faith by listening to testimonies of other people.

I for one attend a protestant church (Methodist) and any doctrine which I feel the bible does not agree with I ignore although I believe a lot of the common anomalities are absent in churches which are not individual - owned.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by silentc(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2011
Religion is just a way to control people and get them to adapt to living according to rules in a society. . . . .

Did we know or have Christianity in Nigeria 200 years ago? Wasn't it brought in by the British? LOL!!!!

So what happened to all the people in Nigeria practicing "other" religion before Christianity came to Nigeria? They will go to hell or God will forgive them when they die

So what if I was born in Saudi Arabia. . . .grew up a Moslem and lived my life according to that religion? When I die, will i see Jesus at the gates of heaven to judge my sins? What if the Hindu religion is the real one and not Christianity? Oh. . . let me guess, other religions are fake because we weren't born and grow into those religions.

I can spend hours talking about this, but neither have the patience or time anymore as most people are fanatical about religion.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by nyabingi(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2011
This is an interesting post indeed but i must warn all to be very careful with the way they make their thought known here for as a man thinks in his heart so is he therefore you cant impose your ideologies on people. What the young man needs is pure and sincere advice on how to deal with this important issues so tread softly, my advice for him though is to study his bible 2nd Timothy chapter 3 verse15 and 16. The word of God is clear on every human issues and this one is not exceptional, peace!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by gotizsata: 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2011
@nyabingi
hahahahahaahahhaha
how naive,
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2011
[size=13pt]Poster and starter of this thread u are in order and in the right place my dear. . . . You are tired of going to Church i know and stopping going to Church is the best decision and step you'll ever make in life . Church spoke-people would always deceive u and not wanting to expose their secrets to u .

Christians, they love to talk about how loving, dutiful and compassionate they are, yet I have yet to meet ONE who does not practice hypocrisy to the highest degree cheesy cheesy grin . Their willful ignorance of the Bible combined with their two faced idealism to preach it, has made us sick, hasn’t it? wink

For nearly two thousand years Biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible’s teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralism. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft- noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Christians practice what can only be described as “selective morality”. What they like, they cling to and shove down other’s throats shocked ; what they don’t like, they ignore vehemently. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addressed 2,000 years ago.

Their hypocrisy is so rampant that even the validity of calling oneself “Christian”-- is in question grin grin grin grin . I see so many people enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul’s sermons, but don’t even PRETEND to heed other, equally valid, maxims. wink wink wink
[/size]
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by dankol: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
Dats nt a gud ground to leave d church or refuse to go 2 church. U shld rada equip urself wit God's word.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by agiboma(f): 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ OP please dont go to the church. I felt the same way you did a few years back, i left the church and have not looked back. In short i have found the happiness within me and i dont need the church. Look the church these days is a business, you want spiritulaity and an intimate relationship wuth G-d then you do the work, through, prayer, meditatation, and sending out positive energy into the universe. I have been doing this and to me it is way better than the church. I feel closer to g-d now and i love the creator more, since i started this new spiritual regimin. IMO some pastors should not be praying for anyone in short they need more prayers than the so call person(s) they are praying for. Look live by the principles of jesus his number one teaching "love thy neighbour as thyself" try to live by that principal and you will be just fine, i tell people create the church within themselves and dont depend on the pastor to give you a free trip to heaven, you need to do the work yourself.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by modavi: 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
There is no perfect church! just keep going to ur church n if u feel they aint preaching d right thing,u read ur bible on ur own n do wat it says. Leave the judgement for God.
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by ChiEluse: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2013
Gaggi: I'm not a spiritual prostitute but i have been in a number of churches.

Anglican----- the pastor brought his mistress to be living in same hse with his wife. He was later suspended but i lost faith.

Catholic---------rich men are made knights. Men with more than one wives. Known thieving politicians are knighted too.

CE--------too much idolizing of Chris. They even give u target to meet, all in the name of sowing seed.

RCCG---------pastor was paying 120k/mth to rent a hall when we had a building half completed. Abandoned our branch when we ran out of funds.

MFM--------never went there but my folks did. One of their pastors vamoozed with church money.

Cele----went there when i was a kid but even at that age i knew these guys were fraudsters. grin

I know that there is no perfect church. The more reason why i shouldn't let imperfect people teach me wrong doctrines.
God knows i will always serve him till i die but i will never see any pastor as better and holier than me again.

In addition to the list

Apostolic Faith ----- the pastor and osun state overseer destroys the marriage of his daughter because his son in-law refused to take orders from him on the running of his home.

The most important thing for a christian is to cling to his Bible and establish a personal relationship with God and follow His leading. All these churches have their flaws and many atrocities are going on especially among those ones that claim "holier than thou".
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by seyibrown(f): 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
A gathering of the brethren where you praise, worship, pray and study the word together, encourage and help one another will suffice. We do not magnificient edifices to gather to the lord in. The time will come when we will not be able to gather in churches, this already the situation in many places on earth where christians meet 'underground'. If Boko says they will bomb some churches on a certain day, many people will stay at home on that day. God is there, where two or more are gathered in his name!

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
seyibrown: A gathering of the brethren where you praise, worship, pray and study the word together, encourage and help one another will suffice. We do not magnificient edifices to gather to the lord in. The time will come when we will not be able to gather in churches, this already the situation in many places on earth where christians meet 'underground'. If Boko says they will bomb some churches on a certain day, many people will stay at home on that day. God is there, where two or more are gathered in his name!

blessings !
Re: I Am Tired Of Going To Church by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Chi Eluse:

The most important thing for a christian is to cling to his Bible and establish a personal relationship with God and follow His leading. All these churches have their flaws and many atrocities are going on especially among those ones that claim "holier than thou".

1000 likes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? / Rome, Bantus And The Demon- White Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.