Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,656 members, 7,962,144 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

The Triumphant Return Of Jennifer Lopez With Her Latest Album, "This Is Me... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Triumphant Return Of Jennifer Lopez With Her Latest Album, "This Is Me... (162 Views)

Before & After Wedding Photos Of Jennifer (the Johnsons) / Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Bobrisky Fires Back At Latasha Ngwube For Her Latest Comments About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Triumphant Return Of Jennifer Lopez With Her Latest Album, "This Is Me... by ikyergajoe: 7:18pm On Feb 17
Music Review: Jennifer Lopez Reigns Supreme with "This Is Me... Now"

Jennifer Lopez makes a triumphant return to her pop music throne with her latest album, "This Is Me... Now," marking her first solo release in a decade.

The album's title pays homage to Lopez's 2002 record, "This Is Me… Then," which coincided with her relationship with Ben Affleck, famously dubbed "Bennifer" by the media. Now, two decades later, "Bennifer" has reemerged, and so has Lopez's signature pop sound.

The opening track, "This Is Me… Now," sets the tone with romantic instrumentation and reflective lyrics that showcase Lopez's growth and maturity over the years. It's a nostalgic nod to her earlier work, infused with newfound wisdom and perspective.

Following tracks like "To Be Yours" maintain the album's energetic love theme, blending sentimental lyrics with infectious hip-hop beats, perfect for both serenades and the dance floor.

Accompanying the album is a film of the same name, "This Is Me... Now: A Love Story," released on the same day, offering fans a deeper glimpse into Lopez's romantic journey.

One standout single, "Can’t Get Enough," captures Lopez's readiness to open up about her life, including her multiple marriages, while still singing sweetly about enduring love. The song cleverly samples Alton Ellis' reggae classic "I’m Still in Love with You," adding a fresh twist to the narrative.

In a touching sequel to her earlier track, "Dear Ben pt. II" explores Lopez's renewed love with Affleck, celebrating their enduring connection two decades later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFEZqTlg2lg?si=GIoeKAUHf27wxdPT

(1) (Reply)

Davido Pledges N300M Donation To Orphanages Around Nigeria / Popular Nollywood Actor, Sisi Quadri Is Dead / Good Bye Mr Ibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.