Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo (6019 Views)

Senator Okpebholo Faces Jail Term As Group Petitions EFCC Over Naira Abuse / Edo APC Guber Candidate, Senator Okpebholo Receives Certificate Of Return / PDP Presidential Primaries: With 430 Delegates To South’s 360, North’s Favoured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by joggyko(m): 6:19pm On Feb 19
One of the ‘candidates’ who emerged from Saturday’s All Progressives Congress APC Governorship Primary Election in Edo State, Senator Monday Okpebholo has revealed how he defeated his closest rival, Dennis Idahosa with over 6,000 votes to emerge victorious.

In a statement issued Monday in Abuja, Senator Okpebholo said though thugs disrupted the collation, the final tally shows that he won convincingly with a commanding majority.

Urging his supporters to remain calm and that justice will be served at the end of the day, the Edo Central senator said as candidate of the party, he is certain of reclaiming the State for the APC.

He said; “Let me use this opportunity to thank and appreciate all APC members of Edo State for nominating me as the Party’s Candidate for the governorship election come September 2024. I am immensely humbled by the trust and confidence reposed in me.

“You will recall that the National Working Committee NWC of our great Party, APC, nominated highly reputable officials to officiate in the primary election scheduled for the 17th of February 2024 with Dr. Stanley Ugboaja, as the State Returning Officer.

“After the primary election, which was adjudged to be very peaceful, the collation of results commenced at the designated centre by the collation officials in the presence of INEC officials, the Press, the law enforcement agencies and other party stalwarts.

“Surprisingly, while the collation of results was ongoing and upon the declaration of eight local government, some irate thugs suspectedly commissioned by my closest rival, Hon. Dennis Idahosa, who had only won two local Governments as against my six, stormed the venue of the state collation center and disrupted the process by beating up collation officials, party representatives, the press crew and others.

“To my amazement and that of well-meaning members of our great party in Edo State, information currently reaching me from Benin City, Edo State has it that the same thugs that disrupted the collation of results as earlier stated, also invaded the State Secretariat of the party early this morning, destroyed and looted valuables in the offices in the guise of purportedly looking for the result of the primary election, which was never conducted by the State Executives of the party.

“Let me use this opportunity to commend the State Retuning Officer, Dr. Stanley Ugboaja and other members of the Committee for their resilience in continuing the collation and subsequent official declaration of final results after the urgent medical attention rendered to the injured members.

“It is now on record that the total votes scored by me is twelve thousand, one hundred and forty-five (12,145) as against my closest rival who scored only five thousand, five hundred and thirty-six votes (5,536)

“As a result, I enjoin you not to be deterred by rumours from other quarters as I am very optimistic that justice will prevail at the end. I am convinced that the National Working Committee of our great party, under the able leadership of Abdullahi Umar Ganduje will ensure that truth will prevail over falsehood. I remain loyal to my party and to Mr. President, a universally acknowledged democrat and a man of goodwill who is prepared to change the fortunes of our dear nation.

“I am also convinced beyond doubt that our great party, the APC, is well positioned to reclaim Edo State and set her on the path of sustainable and holistic development in line with Mr. President’s transformation agenda.

“Let me use this medium to plead with all those affected by the unprovoked attack to shield their swords as two wrongs cannot make a right. This is an in-house squabble and should be treated as such.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/i-won-edo-apc-primaries-with-over-6000-votes-senator-okpebholo/amp/

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Melagros(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19
COMRADES apc won't stop amusing us grin

11 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by magoo10(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19
Yes we know ,you are the true winner no gree for anybody.
APC party of rogues

8 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Parydelegate: 5:45am On Feb 20
Y

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Ovieemmanuel: 5:47am On Feb 20
Na una business be that.

8 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Jestin: 5:50am On Feb 20
The next election in Edo state is an Esan affairs. Denco should stop wasting his time

8 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by UselessBuharist: 5:54am On Feb 20
Oshiomhole want to play his agbero politics of wrong calculation in Edo State again, this time he will be relegated to the back seat of Edo politics

8 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Buhari4dullard: 5:58am On Feb 20
I trust Edo people, dem no stupid like the Agbadoians.

APC should not even register as a party sef.

10 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by BluntCrazeMan: 6:01am On Feb 20
GO TO TRIBUNAL.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by 08050486478ami(m): 6:04am On Feb 20
Na you Sabi whether you win or loose I was even supporting you before I saw second to the last paragraph where you where hyping TINUBULATION inside this problem when Nigerian dey today

4 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by emkz: 6:04am On Feb 20
Then all four "winners" must go into the elections methodically.

Right now, it is not clear who won. Dennis Idahosa can remain in APC. Clem Agba can go to Labour Party and support whoever wins the primaries there. Anamero Dekeri and Monday Okpebholo can remain in APC and pull a G-5 on APC.

I also expect Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Lucky Imasuen to work against the party. You asked Ize-Iyamu to step down only to hand the ticket to an unknown Dennis Idahosa.

This was how CPC lost Kano in 2011. Mohammed Abacha was popular to win the election if he got the CPC ticket, but the local CPC frustrated him and handed the ticket to an unknown entity and lost the election as a result.

Who does that?

2 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Mopolchi: 6:09am On Feb 20
Why did Hope Uzodimgba not announce you the winner? That man does not do anything transparently. He went from 4th to 1st and you expect anything transparent from him? C'est impossible!

7 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Khallicopyro: 6:14am On Feb 20
In VDM's voice "they will learn the hard way"

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by OVB123: 6:15am On Feb 20
Sen. Adam Oshiomhole stay clear. Let the wish of the people prevail. We have elected Sen. Okpebholo for equity sake, so shall it be in Jesus name. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by IBB007: 6:22am On Feb 20
Lol…these people no dey even shame again

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by onome25(m): 6:23am On Feb 20
So people still de come out to talk about APC
When d economy has bin destroyed by thesame party

2 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Ohibenemma(m): 6:39am On Feb 20
Oshiomhole has been a problem to the party since his successful 2 terms as Governor.

This obsession with control will be his undoing at the end of it all. How one develops this tendency to want control by all means is mind boggling. Even if Dennis Idahosa emerges, who says they won't have issues in the nearest future?

3 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Kaka77(m): 7:10am On Feb 20
The Next Governor of Edo state is Asue Ighodalo.. This i have seen. You can save this page.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:49am On Feb 20
BluntCrazeMan:
GO TO TRIBUNAL.
he would go, make primaries deadline of inec reach first

Oshomole never know wetin he put hand, they are saying its party affairs, na the aspirants themselves go challenge the primaries

Dekiri wahala still dey ground

Something that thugs invaded and disrupted you still announce winner even with the 100, 200, 500, 700 buhaha

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:57am On Feb 20
emkz:

Right now, it is not clear who won. Dennis Idahosa can remain in APC. Clem Agba can go to Labour Party and support whoever wins the primaries there. Anamero Dekeri and Monday Okpebholo can remain in APC and pull a G-5 on APC.

I also expect Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Lucky Imasuen to work against the party. You asked Ize-Iyamu to step down only to hand the ticket to an unknown Dennis Idahosa.

This was how CPC lost Kano in 2011. Mohammed Abacha was popular to win the election if he got the CPC ticket, but the local CPC frustrated him and handed the ticket to an unknown entity and lost the election as a result.

Who does that?
all those aspirants don dash oshomole the #50million but they are bent on teaching him lesson

Apc would not have candidate in the election, they may wait after primaries deadline to challenge that election to put apc on one chance

The ruling if it doesn't disqualify apc would ensure that the few people outside party members wanting to vote them would become disinterested with their multiple candidates

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Ofunaofu: 7:59am On Feb 20
Buhari4dullard:
I trust Edo people, dem no stupid like the Agbadoians.

APC should not even register as a party sef.

You mean they shouldn't bother participating because they will be defeated resoundingly

3 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by gratiaeo(m): 8:01am On Feb 20
What do you expect where Hope Ụzọdimma of Imo State is involved

2 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Oscarchims: 9:25am On Feb 20
No gree for anybody

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Indispensable85(m): 9:49am On Feb 20
emkz:

Who does that?

Who's Ize Iyamu 🤣 a man that can not win his LGA? Mtcheeeew

3 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Indispensable85(m): 9:51am On Feb 20
NzogbuNzogbu:
he would go, make primaries deadline of inec reach first

Oshomole never know wetin he put hand, they are saying its party affairs, na the aspirants themselves go challenge the primaries

Dekiri wahala still dey ground

Something that thugs invaded and disrupted you still announce winner even with the 100, 200, 500, 700 buhaha

Go and read the disclaimer from the NWC. It'll help you.

3 Likes

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Indispensable85(m): 9:52am On Feb 20
Garfield1 Ur guy go explain tire oooo 🤣

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by bjdon: 10:23am On Feb 20
What a big shame. In 2024 the rulling party can't even cconduct a simple nomination. The black man is truly cursed. We simply can't do anything right

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Babyboyforeal(m): 12:24pm On Feb 20
bjdon:
What a big shame. In 2024 the rulling party can't even cconduct a simple nomination. The black man is truly cursed. We simply can't do anything right
it has been proven that black man can't rule herself, show me any black countries that's doing well?

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by garfield1: 12:47pm On Feb 20
Indispensable85:
Garfield1 Ur guy go explain tire oooo 🤣

I thought he was your guy too? In any case,from the explanations of Barr liborous oshoma,this guy might win in court.cobstitutuonally a returning officer declares results.inec said they monitored primaries at lushville hotel..
From what leadership newspaper explained,Femi has a hand in this.ganduje,akpabio all want okpebholo.the fight has just started

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by garfield1: 1:14pm On Feb 20
NzogbuNzogbu:
all those aspirants don dash oshomole the #50million but they are bent on teaching him lesson

Apc would not have candidate in the election, they may wait after primaries deadline to challenge that election to put apc on one chance

The ruling if it doesn't disqualify apc would ensure that the few people outside party members wanting to vote them would become disinterested with their multiple candidates

Whoever is going to primaries must do so 14 days from Saturday

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by Indispensable85(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20
garfield1:

I thought he was your guy too? In any case,from the explanations of Barr liborous oshoma,this guy might win in court.cobstitutuonally a returning officer declares results.inec said they monitored primaries at lushville hotel..
From what leadership newspaper explained,Femi has a hand in this.ganduje,akpabio all want okpebholo.the fight has just started

Fake news

1 Like

Re: I Won Edo APC Primaries With Over 6,000 Votes - Senator Okpebholo by garfield1: 2:15pm On Feb 20
Indispensable85:

Fake news

Leadership do not bring fake news.oshio might have to bend

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Ministers: Shame On Oyegun And Oshomhole / Nationwide Blackout: Do You Have Light In Your Area? / Alleged Fraud: ‘none Of My Aides Are Hiding From EFCC’ - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.