Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,866 members, 7,879,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) (20225 Views)

EFCC Goes After Bola Tinubu, Writes CCB For Assets Documents - Peoples Gazette / Breaking: EFCC Goes After Tinubu Over Bullion Vans During 2019 Election / EFCC Goes After Sule Lamido After Atiku's Jigawa Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Svoboda(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21
AqualinaXYZ:
Carpenter wey no know wetin to work go dey blame nail say e dey eye am

Tinubu wey no know how to stabilize economy is busy chasing wind

From Dom account ban to crypto regulations to binance to Aboki wey dey exchange dollar etc

All these things were in existence when Jonathan stabilize dollar to N216

Make Tinubu dey Mumu himself

Jonathan did not stabilize dollar. Check how much he met it under Yaradua and how much he left it mid 2015.

The only leader known to have stabilized dollar thruout his regime was late abacha. This was because, among other things, he reined in the bank chief roundtrippers and he snubbed the Bretton Woods monsters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by tnerro1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21
Have they tried fire brigade personnel yet😁

They should go there and pour water on them, the dollar might go down

1 Like

Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Lekan239(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21
matify83:
This is totally a wrong move.

Usage of Brute force will not force the arbitrageurs to renounce the only business line they have ever known.
Let the CBN sell FX through DMBs to all at competitive rates and the BDCs would crumble naturally. All these dramas will create unnecessary heating up of the FX market with the attendant scarcity of FX and continued naira devaluation.

I'm not a prophet of gloom and doom but I can deduce from the actions of the government that they may soon criminalize the possession of the dollar.

If all interventions fails to halt the slide of the naira, they may confiscate the dollars in dorm. Accounts.

There is no low to which this government can not sink.

Watching!
how do u think the government cab make the greedy banker sell the dollar too the required populace,

If bank started selling too all, how do u think that some group of extremely rich and powerful people won't buy all the dollars from the bank and store up thereby causing scarcity..

How can the govt locate the many thiefs and politician that have store milloins of dollar in there underground ous ..... ETC
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by ivandragon: 5:15pm On Feb 21
Desperate acts of a clueless government. They want to mop up the ones that thier greedy grubby hands cannot officially reach.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Tywo2018: 5:32pm On Feb 21
Does this thung really happen? I noticesometimes
Ebukamatth:
Today looks familiar

Is like I don see Today before
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Fearurcreeator: 5:34pm On Feb 21
tollyboy5:

He stabilize the dollar from 150 to a dollar to 216 to a dollar.
Head dey pepper you.
You dey mind am
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by porthouse7(f): 5:35pm On Feb 21
arantess:

By going after BDCs cheesy grin
yes…. Naira is under valued
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by ufuosman(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21
Na wa
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by chidiokay: 5:56pm On Feb 21
matify83:

Usage of Brute force will not force the arbitrageurs to renounce the only business line they have ever known.
Let the CBN sell FX through DMBs to all at competitive rates and the BDCs would crumble naturally. All these dramas will create unnecessary heating up of the FX market with the attendant scarcity of FX and continued naira devaluation.

I'm not a prophet of gloom and doom but I can deduce from the actions of the government that they may soon criminalize the possession of the dollar.

If all interventions fails to halt the slide of the naira, they may confiscate the dollars in dorm. Accounts.

Watching!

Your theory sounds half good, with the present state of things, the only way to strengthen the Naira is to decelerate the crazy high demand for dollar

The closing of land borders as centralise about 90% of our int'l trade through the dollar route, even Nigeria port charges in dollar

until will diversify and give importers other channels to bring in raw material & goods boycotting the dollar nothing much we change with eonomic & IMF theories.

if you have two wives that want to kill you kindly marry a 3rd wife , we need a 3rd wife between naira and dollar cheesy
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Domaining101: 6:03pm On Feb 21
Yorubafonja:

What kind of post is this. How old r u. Go to kid section,,
There is no kid section on Nairaland. And besides, who told you that it's only kids that watch Nickelodeon? grin
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by benjaminlawson(m): 6:25pm On Feb 21
I don't understand why EFCC and CBN are behaving like a mediocrity. CBN issued licence to these people, why didn't they withdraw the license and ask them to reapply with stringent operating conditions, like asking them to open Dollar account with money deposit bank, so that buying and selling of Dollar must be conducted from their bank account only, also, buyers mist pay through their bank account only. And anyone who operate without license renewal then be prosecuted. This is what to do in same society
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by drehdinho(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21
AqualinaXYZ:

From Dom account ban to crypto regulations to binance to Aboki wey dey exchange dollar etc

What made me know for sure Tinubu is sadly clueless was the threat issued by FG against the Association of Nigeria Cement that they will open border for importation of cement.

The question is: what’s the difference between when you open and didn’t open the boarder for importation of cement. This is because both aspects require dollars to play the game.

When you open borders for cement importation Nigerians would buy the cements with dollar not naira. And now when the border is closed, I will still pay to buy cement in the same dollar rate.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by dipson4u08(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21
all this kind of move are moves which drives a nation towards ANARCHY
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Abbeytoy(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21
AqualinaXYZ:

Tinubu wey not know how to stabilize the economy and is busy chasing wind

From Dom account ban to crypto regulations to Binance to Aboki wey dey exchange dollar etc

[b]All these things were in existence when Jonathan stabilised the dollar to N216

Make Tinubu dey Mumu himself[/b]

Jonathan does not stabilize the naira, Jonathan pays subsidies... The dollar hit #875 the first week Jonathan removed the subsidy. That was as far as 2012

1 Like

Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Houseontherock1: 7:44pm On Feb 21
This will make dollars scarce and more sought after in dark places! Use policy and not police to strengthen the naira
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by khattab02: 8:32pm On Feb 21
Laslaslala:
Here we go
I thought Cluelessness of APC Government will end under Buhari
I thought so too ooo
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Dougad: 8:43pm On Feb 21
Ebukamatth:
Today looks familiar

Is like I don see Today before

Lmao
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by omokab: 9:10pm On Feb 21
AqualinaXYZ:

what did u think they should do. blame game always . The issue of FX has gone beyond what we are looking . All bank executives ,the capitalist like dangote,otedola elemelu and others have sold all the forex to BDC through the help of emeifele. All dollars and pounds were in the custody of BDC and if care is not taken exchange rate will continue to soar . let them use the methods they think can help them . our own is to see the good result .
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:58pm On Feb 21
[sub][/sub]
AqualinaXYZ:

E don dey hit una criminals where it matters and una don't begin to complain.
The situation now is different from Jonathan's time. The BDCs are now directly sabotaging all govt moves to stabilize the naira.
Jonathan was stupid and afraid to deal with them. Their trade is illegal. The public is supposed to buy dollars directly from the banks.
It is only mumus and criminals like you that support them because you are partners in crime.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:00am On Feb 22
matify83:

Watching!

Trash from partners in crime.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Vision101(m): 12:02am On Feb 22
@raphemmanuel
Pesin wey ein house dey burn dey pursue rat.
Very clue-less government, has nothing to offer. Always looking for whom to blame for their inability to take their responsibility. This time around is not abokifx, na Bureau De Change the kill Nigeria economy.

Tufiakwa!!!
What a bad time to a Nigerian.

@me
You will not understand. When naira was strong there was no BDC. Possession of dollar was illegal. There is no country in the world were foreign currency is openly hawked on the street.

You can't be openly trading cash pounds sterling on the street of New York.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:03am On Feb 22
matify83:

Watching!

Why should people have dollars in hand in Nigeria ?
How many Americans have the naira in the US or British the naira in Britain ?
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:04am On Feb 22
raphemmanuel:
Very clue-less government, has nothing to offer. Always looking for whom to blame for their inability to take their responsibility. This time around is not abokifx, na Bureau De Change the kill Nigeria economy.

Tufiakwa!!!

Trash from the crooked hater.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:04am On Feb 22
toyzeal:
Will it change d price of garri

No sense.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:05am On Feb 22
Laslaslala:
Here we go
I thought Cluelessness of APC Government will end under Buhari

Brainless.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:06am On Feb 22
gaby:
Na Gun Tinubu and Okoso Cardoso wan take halt the Naira wey dem float?

Wonders shall never end.

Economic Talibans.

Una must rule by fire by force.

Na una turn, indeed.

Shoot at sight any Dollar you see....lol

They are beginning to hit the saboteurs and the criminals are complaining already. grin
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:07am On Feb 22
Seunpapa65:
Yet naira still dey fall yakata

Because of deliberate actions from you saboteurs.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Seunpapa65: 1:51am On Feb 22
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Because of deliberate actions from you saboteurs.
Saboteur kill you there when you know the real people staking $ at home oh I forgot the are your personal lords
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:37am On Feb 22
Seunpapa65:

Saboteur kill you there when you know the real people staking $ at home oh I forgot the are your personal lords

Yes daddy, headless mob.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by raphemmanuel(m): 10:26am On Feb 22
Vision101:
@raphemmanuel

Tufiakwa!!!

@me
You will not understand. When naira was strong there was no BDC. Possession of dollar was illegal. There is no country in the world were foreign currency is openly hawked on the street.

You can't be openly trading cash pounds sterling on the street of New York.
At the Bolded.
The reason why it is so, is because you can easily access this currency at the bank without denial.

BDC starts trending when banks refused to give out funds to people, so people look else where they can easily access the fund.
But do you know that this banks that has always deny people from accessing this funds have particular set of people the give out this currencies to, with some benefits.

Know this!!!
The problem of this country is from the head.
Re: EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) by Vision101(m): 10:52am On Feb 22
@raphemmanuel
At the Bolded.
The reason why it is so, is because you can easily access this currency at the bank without denial.

Know this!!!
The problem of this country is from the head.

@me
This has to do with transfers and not cash. This was how it was done before IBB's regime. BDCs are licensed for cash transactions and limited amount. Everything has been abused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hezbollah Military Training Nigerian Shiites In Lebanon – Mei.edu / Peter Obi's Real Twitter Account Confirmed / Governor Sani Bello Inspects Road Constructions In Niger State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.