Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,206 members, 7,939,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors (4592 Views)

Get Funding: This Is How To Pitch That Business Idea To Investors / How Does One Reach Out To Investors For A Start Up (idea)? / BPE To Sell 70% Of 11 Power Distribution Firms To Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Swagahyk(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
Yea, Sir we've heard u, same blablabla,
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by AZeD1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
brainpulse:

Ignore the dirty water in the gutter, and make it your jacuzzi
Ignore the roar of a lion, put chain on it and make it your pet
Ignore the cars on the highway and make it your football pitch.
Ignore your MD's threat and make his face a punching bag.
Ignore the pastors' preaching and sleep with his only daughter

Please can anybody add more grin

Ignore lastma and drive one way
Ignore the commandant of the barracks and chase his wife
Ignore your landlord and spend the rent on sepe
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Mascotlawman: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ moremi2008, u don't just call a president of a whole nation an i.diot. Its an insult to the whole nation. Lets learn to be polite in our comments. No matter how weak a USA president is, u can never hear an american call him an i.diot.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by aledu(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Our president has lose it.There is no moral justification for all he said. Your country is boiling yet you are inviting foreigners, what good business mind will take such offer!
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
He said, "Nigeria experienced 30 months of civil war and we were able to survive that crisis. Anybody who doesn't want to come and invest in Nigeria now because of the activities of Boko Haram would simply regret it because this is very temporary.

"Every country has security challenges, even in America; it's just that terrorist activities are new in Nigeria. Before now, we had challenges of assassination and armed robbery and those are the kinds of crimes that we were dealing with. But for terrorism, we are acquiring the relevant infrastructure to combat it and I assure you that we will solve the problem."

Jonathan spoke at a gathering of select businessmen during the Presidential dialogue with global chief executive officers at the 17th Nigeria Economic Summit in Abuja.

Still new in Nigeria since 1999? You mean all the 16,000, or so, Nigerians who have been killed by groups who claim to ride in the name of Islam, since early 2000 are not to be considered a part of the security issues that have CONTINUED To plague this country for years? MEND no add put??  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by dayokanu(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
Can anyone be more retardeed than Odechukwu himself?
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Kossy04: 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
Am I the only one, or was anyone else watching CNN an hour ago. I just saw pictures of Boko Haram members training for WAR {i think}. From the looks of the guns they were training with and the ZEAL with which those boys were shooting them, I strongly advice any investor to apply the advice of the adviser to his own remarks, instead.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Sagamite(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is what I call irresponsible journalism.

A pure abuse of freedom of the press by this mooron that calls himself a journalist.

I don't see anywhere Silverback Gorilla said "ignore security", he only said "security issue is a slight distraction/setback, please still invest".

This is one of the cases where some journalist needs to be sued.

Fooool!
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Sagamite(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
Mascot lawman:

@ moremi2008, u don't just call a president of a whole nation an i.diot. Its an insult to the whole nation. Lets learn to be polite in our comments. No matter how weak a USA president is, u can never hear an american call him an i.diot.

Shut up with your moronic logic!

If you feel insulted when Jonathan is insulted then that is your daft, sycophantic brain's problem.

aledu:

Our president has lose it.There is no moral justification for all he said. Your country is boiling yet you are inviting foreigners, what good business mind will take such offer!

Nigeria is a big place.

It might surprise you that you can invest in any major town in Nigeria (bar in Borno state) without any extraordinary security problem.

So because of Boko Haram, someone can not set up factory in Abeokuta?
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ijogz K:

He should go and invest in Iraq naaw,  If he can clearly advise som1 to invest in a war torn country

This goon will say he is a graduate.

He will say "I graduated in 200X and I got a sirtifikate in Y".

Yet he does not know what "war torn" is. People that pick moronic conjectures from thin air for argument.

Hmm! Our education system is shyt. Utter failed system. Useless waste of years in the schools.

This guy better start cussing IBB and Abacha.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Kx: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is becoming long over due.
At what point will an SA for Silence be appointed?
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by lukkie(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2011
That guy is smoking something. He's so out of touch with reality.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by eghost247(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2011
[color=#990000][/color][size=13pt]most of this posters dont know jack about politics all they know is how to critisize what is wrong with this statement he made can u do better than him why not support him instead of being a horrible critic[/size]
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by nasty45(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2011
i de laf
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by BlackBaron: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
*Sigh*
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by mufc009(m): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ignore the dirty water in the
gutter, and make it your jacuzzi
Ignore the roar of a lion, put
chain on it and make it your pet
Ignore the cars on the highway
and make it your football pitch.
Ignore your MD's threat and
make his face a punching bag.
Ignore the pastors' preaching
and sleep with his only daughter
Please can anybody add more
These comment won finish me abeg grin
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by antywmy: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
Guy u r running out of luck, get another name, I hate 2 use d word hate but jona ure beginin to bore us all, i 4 vote 4 monkey. Senior mumu pshhhhh
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Exponental(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
Maybe if GEJ decides to relocate to Maduguri, Investors will troop in.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by MarcAnthon(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Everyone shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Jon Dumbo is speaking!
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by kelz88(f): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
Dude is one big joke.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by johndavid1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
silibaba:

ONLY IF gej CAN SEEK ADVICE FROM ME angry angry
i will bring down BOKO HARAM cheesy cheesy
they re hungry people tongue tongue
na GALA and LA CACERA i go use catch them grin grin
take style talk true abi na watin dae hungry you!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by werepeLeri: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
These rogue NairaLanders want the country to close down because of BH, and they want to hear from the President, foreigners, stay away from here and if he says so,, they will be the first to start a thread that criticizes his words. Daft people
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Mascotlawman: 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ Sagamite, a I'm not going to reply u in the same manner, u have already defined who u are. Keep it up
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by BOMANY: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
Mr. President
Investors do not run away from Nigeria because of Boko Haram as they have not run from Egypt 1980s 1990s when there was the Islamist Terrorists, or run away from India after Bombay’s terrorist attack.
But they run away from Nigeria because of the corrupted System that can drain their budget without achieving or gaining anything, the most corrupted customs in the world, the lake of reliable infrastructure ….etc
Nigeria gets only that one kind of investors who are ready to cooperate with corruption, or has political protection by one of the big boys, yet the nation doesn’t get benefit of one Kobo. Can anyone tell me what is the gain of having international standard store like Shoprite while it imports 95% of the goods from South Africa despite the fact that there are similar products that are produced or assembled in Nigeria.
Calling the real investors needs more than talking
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
BOMANY:

Mr. President
Investors do not run away from Nigeria because of Boko Haram as they have not run from Egypt 1980s 1990s when there was the Islamist Terrorists, or run away from India after Bombay’s terrorist attack.
But they run away from Nigeria because of the corrupted System that can drain their budget without achieving or gaining anything, the most corrupted customs in the world, the lake of reliable infrastructure ….etc
Nigeria gets only that one kind of investors who are ready to cooperate with corruption, or has political protection by one of the big boys, yet the nation doesn’t get benefit of one Kobo. Can anyone tell me what is the gain of having international standard store like Shoprite while it imports 95% of the goods from South Africa despite the fact that there are similar products that are produced or assembled in Nigeria.

I would most likely rather import from Mongolia than accept the sub-par quality and/or exorbitant prices Nigerians normally provide and charge.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by SamMilla1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
i dont believe gej used the words 'ignore boko haram' but if he did, then he failed it.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by werepeLeri: 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
BOMANY:

Mr. President

lol - So how will he call the "real" investors without talking? and how do you know he is not talking to the real investors? Shoprite? Even stores in the UK import their goods - example, when you buy a toothbrush anytime in the UK, check where it came from, probably from India or Thailand.
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by whiteroses(f): 2:47am On Nov 12, 2011
grin grin grin grin flee foreigners flee!!
nah I joke to be honest he should have kept quiet because now people will be scared and the way he narrated it was retarded like when he said our main problems are arm robbery and fraud, he forgot kidnapping, ever growing acid and substance attack, jealousy and jujuism, horrible light, water and road system, house of murder disguised as private hospitals and bribery and corruption.
but seriously whoever want to make their business blow should invest in Nigeria the business idea just have to be enticing Our monkey see monkey do attiude will favour them from Brazilian hair to Blackberries and from chinese restaurants to newest automibles Nigerians no they carry last, I really don't think Boko haram will affect companies
Re: Ignore Boko Haram And Invest In Nigeria - GEJ To Investors by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 12, 2011
This is hilarious stuff.

I laff in Boko Haram. grin grin grin grin cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Ideas Sharing Thread / Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% / Taxify In Benin City: A Good Business Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.