Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,221 members, 7,916,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:20 AM

Some Farmers Are Just Lucky! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Some Farmers Are Just Lucky! (243 Views)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Why Some Farmers Get It Wrong In Goat Farming / 6 Reasons Why Some Farmers Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Farmers Are Just Lucky! by Mikkyfirst22(m): 5:44pm On Feb 24
Is this true?

This post was posted in 2021 in one of my poultry farming groups. I just stumbled upon it and decided to share it again so those willing to learn can learn from it again.

First, check Mr. Anthony's excellent result at 6 weeks 3 days (CHI Chicks) and tell me if this happened by chance!

Someone said this to me last week after narrating his poultry farming journey. At a point he wanted me to believe or agree with him on this very point yet I disagreed.

Poultry farming set tests for everyone. If you pass them, you'll think you are lucky. If you fail them you'll think you are unlucky.

I have shared my poultry farming journey (experience) in one of my posts. How I started the business with over 800k in 2018. Imagine a guy who want to have a side business that generate money for him and invested all he had only to lose everything within few months.

Then, I had said I was unlucky. Hahaha... And at some point I was beginning to think some village people were after me. Just like someone told me yesterday when we met at one vet outlet lamenting heartily that someone poisoned his birds when he was not around. Hahaha. I have heard this countless times from farmers believing that someone poisoned their birds. Is that always true?

Listen carefully, poultry farming is not for the faint-hearted. Trust me, you have to overcome a lot of obstacles. I fought and overcame mine.

When success comes, many farmers seem to forget the rules. This is very common.

Imagine a farmer who would devote all his or her time daily in the farm ensuring that the bird are doing well. Once they have success with a particular batch then claim to become experts and start giving less time and attention.

One of my organic farmers would say she always play music for her birds. Hahahaha funny right?

I just told her to keep it up.

Poultry FARMERS should understand that flexibility is the soul of poultry business. Never be rigid. Never claim you already know too much.

What works for a particular batch of birds may not work for he next even though they are from the same hatchery.

Exactly 5 weeks ago, I helped a woman ordered some birds alongside mine. As usual, I don't let her take more that 1 carton for a start since she don't even have any prior idea on brooding. I sent some brooding guides to her and she got the organic medications and the schedule.

At 4 weeks, she called for reports.

51 birds still complete.
Some are already weighing 2.1kg @4 weeks and she's planning to order another batch.

You see that?
While I was so proud of her results, I felt she was becoming excited and letting her sweet emotions take control.

Well, I simply advised her to hold on and raise the first set to maturity first before another.

Well, I could feel she didnt understand why but I do and I made her see reasons. The exciting part is, @5 weeks yesterday morning some persons already prícing some of the birds 2500 each and she refused to séll.

Why?

Because she weighed some and they are almost 3kg.

I made her understand that early success shouldn't make her forget the rules I gave her nor let those sweet emotions take control.

Sell them off if they are ready to pick all of them and restock was my response.

At most, the cost príce of these birds isn't up to 1500 yet so, why keep them if someone want to pick them?

Well, fast forward to evening yesterday, she lost 3 of the biggest birds to heat stress. Wow!

7500 gone right?

This is the reality of poultry business. Many farmers never got this 2cents advice that could have kept them in the business.

She don't even have any idea of the cause of death because they are very healthy and active. That was my perfect guess! Heat. Now they are ok but 3 gone.

Lessons:
1. There is nothing like LUCK, it's hardwork plus
2. Don't be gréédy. Séll when you can make good profit
3. It is better to spend more and get fast result than spend less, keep your birds longer and rísk Mortalities
4. Don't fall for the trícks quick success play. Stay focused and be flexible. Learn and unlearn and practice.

Enjoy Farming!

Still delivering all organic medications to all the states within Nigeria:

Organic Antibiotics Plus Boosters and Vitamins

Organic Anti Cocci

Organic Anti CRD

Organic Feed Additives

Organic Feed Additives Plus Boosters and Vitamins (gut health enhancers, immune booster, appetizers, FCR enhancers, growth and weight promoters)

Call or chat: 08108342405, 08186131581

Author: @Mikkyfirst (Mr. Organic)

1 Like

Re: Some Farmers Are Just Lucky! by GodHimself(m): 6:28pm On Feb 24
Insightful!

Mikkyfirst22:
Is this true?

This post was posted in 2021 in one of my poultry farming groups. I just stumbled upon it and decided to share it again so those willing to learn can learn from it again.

First, check Mr. Anthony's excellent result at 6 weeks 3 days (CHI Chicks) and tell me if this happened by chance!

Someone said this to me last week after narrating his poultry farming journey. At a point he wanted me to believe or agree with him on this very point yet I disagreed.

Poultry farming set tests for everyone. If you pass them, you'll think you are lucky. If you fail them you'll think you are unlucky.

I have shared my poultry farming journey (experience) in one of my posts. How I started the business with over 800k in 2018. Imagine a guy who want to have a side business that generate money for him and invested all he had only to lose everything within few months.

Then, I had said I was unlucky. Hahaha... And at some point I was beginning to think some village people were after me. Just like someone told me yesterday when we met at one vet outlet lamenting heartily that someone poisoned his birds when he was not around. Hahaha. I have heard this countless times from farmers believing that someone poisoned their birds. Is that always true?

Listen carefully, poultry farming is not for the faint-hearted. Trust me, you have to overcome a lot of obstacles. I fought and overcame mine.

When success comes, many farmers seem to forget the rules. This is very common.

Imagine a farmer who would devote all his or her time daily in the farm ensuring that the bird are doing well. Once they have success with a particular batch then claim to become experts and start giving less time and attention.

One of my organic farmers would say she always play music for her birds. Hahahaha funny right?

I just told her to keep it up.

Poultry FARMERS should understand that flexibility is the soul of poultry business. Never be rigid. Never claim you already know too much.

What works for a particular batch of birds may not work for he next even though they are from the same hatchery.

Exactly 5 weeks ago, I helped a woman ordered some birds alongside mine. As usual, I don't let her take more that 1 carton for a start since she don't even have any prior idea on brooding. I sent some brooding guides to her and she got the organic medications and the schedule.

At 4 weeks, she called for reports.

51 birds still complete.
Some are already weighing 2.1kg @4 weeks and she's planning to order another batch.

You see that?
While I was so proud of her results, I felt she was becoming excited and letting her sweet emotions take control.

Well, I simply advised her to hold on and raise the first set to maturity first before another.

Well, I could feel she didnt understand why but I do and I made her see reasons. The exciting part is, @5 weeks yesterday morning some persons already prícing some of the birds 2500 each and she refused to séll.

Why?

Because she weighed some and they are almost 3kg.

I made her understand that early success shouldn't make her forget the rules I gave her nor let those sweet emotions take control.

Sell them off if they are ready to pick all of them and restock was my response.

At most, the cost príce of these birds isn't up to 1500 yet so, why keep them if someone want to pick them?

Well, fast forward to evening yesterday, she lost 3 of the biggest birds to heat stress. Wow!

7500 gone right?

This is the reality of poultry business. Many farmers never got this 2cents advice that could have kept them in the business.

She don't even have any idea of the cause of death because they are very healthy and active. That was my perfect guess! Heat. Now they are ok but 3 gone.

Lessons:
1. There is nothing like LUCK, it's hardwork plus
2. Don't be gréédy. Séll when you can make good profit
3. It is better to spend more and get fast result than spend less, keep your birds longer and rísk Mortalities
4. Don't fall for the trícks quick success play. Stay focused and be flexible. Learn and unlearn and practice.

Enjoy Farming!

Still delivering all organic medications to all the states within Nigeria:

Organic Antibiotics Plus Boosters and Vitamins

Organic Anti Cocci

Organic Anti CRD

Organic Feed Additives

Organic Feed Additives Plus Boosters and Vitamins (gut health enhancers, immune booster, appetizers, FCR enhancers, growth and weight promoters)

Call or chat: 08108342405, 08186131581

Author: @Mikkyfirst (Mr. Organic)

1 Like

Re: Some Farmers Are Just Lucky! by kripen(m): 8:33pm On Feb 24
I can feel you ops. Over Sabi Na I'm dey make monkey fall from up, poultry biz is not for the faint hearted.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bagged SPAGHETTI for sale / Fingerlings Juvenile Catfish For Sale / Welcome To 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.