Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,122 members, 7,910,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? (22918 Views)

What Is Eid Al Adha ? / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr / Eid Al Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2011
[size=14pt]In Tarikh Baghdad Volume 13 page 373 we read that:

"Sunni Imam of jurisprudence Abu Hanifa said that Iblis and The 'Great Truthful' one Abu Bakr were equal in Iman".
[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2011
Sunni Nifaq (hypocrisy) of Elevating the Status of Umar (the usurper and killer of Sayyida Fatima,daughter of Prophet Muhammad) to The Level of prophethood and the Prophet Muhammad (sa) Himself!!!!

It is reported among the virtues of 'Umar that the Messenger of God said: "Whenever Gabriel delayed in his visits to me, I guessed that he was sent to 'Umar." (Ibn Abi Al-Hadid, Vol.6, part 12, page 178).

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

"The Holy Prophet(SAW) said:"If an Apostle were to succeed me, it would have been 'Umar bin Khattab." (Tirmidhi,Kitab-ul- Manaqib)

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

"In Bani Isra'il (Israelites) there were people who were not prophets but talked to Allah. Were anyone in my Ummah (people) like those persons, he would be Umar".("sahih bukhari"wink

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

and this is the same Umar who Sunnis show how deficient and surbodinate he was to Imam Ali (as) as Sunnis quote from their hadith that Umar himself used to say:"If not for the presence of Ali,Umar would have perished (due to ignorance)"!!! it is a fact that despite the fact that his right was taken by the usurpers,Imam Ali (as) offered advice to the benefit of the muslim ummah at large and Umar benefitted from those advice since Umar was deficient in knowledge and Islam.

and guess what?these  hadiths were narrated by Abu Hureira (the Paul of Islam),the great liar and fabricator of hadiths who would attribute lies to the Prophet Muhammad (sa).and this is the man that reported most of the sunni hadiths and he converted just two years before the death of the Prophet (sa) but he narrated most hadiths more than any other sahaba even more than the family members of the Prophet (sa) and the sahaba who embraced Islam earliest and accompanied  more than two decades with the Prophet (sa).

all nine volumns of Sahih Bukhari contains 7068 traditions. From these traditions, about  1100 traditions are narrated from this man, in other
words, 15.56% of the whole traditions in Sahih Bukhari (almost 1/6).a similar case also exists in "sahih muslim".

find out all about Abu Hureira in Sunni hadiths and mythology:

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter9/3.html
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by vedaxcool(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
vedaxcool:

why Ali negotiated his immamah:

Zhul: 1. A divinely appointed imam just as a prophet does not have to hold political power to be the person God has made out of him.even thoug people reject divine choice,that choice cannot be negotiated. 

grin grin grin grin grin in essence he was not divinely appointed to lead anybody  wink

Now the issue of the Immamah has been settled.  grin grin grin grin grin

vedaxcool:

[size=14pt]Imam Jafar said:

No one has brought innovation to Islam like Zurarah did, may Allah curse him. [Rijal Al-Kashi p:149]  shocked shocked shocked shocked

He didn’t ask me in this way, and I didn’t answer like this, by Allah he lied upon me, by Allah he lied upon me, May Allah curse Zurarah, May Allah curse Zurarah, May Allah curse Zurarah, May Allah curse Zurarah. [Ihtiyar marifatul rijal p.168]   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Zhul fiqah to Imam Jafar:

No matter how bad you think of Zurarah (RA),he cannot be worse than abu hurayrah,the manufacturer of false hadiths and attributing them to the Prophet (sa).

I know you have gone through a Nasibi website and found something on Zurarah (RA).but you can get your refutation of the nasibi allegations against Zurarah from here

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Zhul Fiqah: I prefer following Zurrah a man cursed by Imam Jafar, than Imam Jafar.[/size]

Again we prove that Zhul fiqah loves following a liar, just as Ali r.a called the shia liars and hypocrites, cowards and Traitors, zhul fiqah ignores his Imam, and follow the hypocrite, we ask isn't it obvious something is essentially wrong with shiasm, why would an individual ignore the words of his Imam, who he claims rules of atoms, indirectly claiming Imam Jafar lied by accusing Zurrarah of being hypocritical and a liar.

Zhul-fiqar:

so are you accusing me and millions of Shia of being hypocrites o

lol  grin grin grin grin, am I the one that made the statement? rather Imam Jafar again states the fact as it is then you now turn around and claim I accuse u and millions of shias of hypocrisy, it seems zhul fiqah has no respect for Imam Jafar particularly!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Zhul-fiqar:

Sunni Nifaq (hypocrisy) of Elevating the Status of Umar (the usurper and killer of Sayyida Fatima,daughter of Prophet Muhammad) to The Level of prophethood and the Prophet Muhammad (sa) Himself!!!!

Lol! Umar r.a killed Fatima, yet Ali r.a married off Daughter, Umm Kultum to Umar, Months after Umar r.a allegedly killed his wife, again do this shia ever reason? Shakes head twice! as for the bolded even a M*ad person would not believe you!  grin grin grin grin grin

Zhul-fiqar:

and this is the same Umar who Sunnis show how deficient and surbodinate he was to Imam Ali (as) as Sunnis quote from their hadith that Umar himself used to say:"If not for the presence of Ali,Umar would have perished (due to ignorance)"!!! it is a fact that despite the fact that his right was taken by the usurpers,Imam Ali [b](as) [/b]offered advice to the benefit of the muslim ummah at large and Umar benefitted from those advice since Umar was deficient in knowledge and Islam.

In essence Imam Ali r.a accepted Umar r.a to be his leader and caliph, as we all know even the Prophet S.A.W took advice from his wife, so Umar r.a taking advice from Ali r.a shows how Shura his rule was, Alhmadulilah, the shia again hangs himself with rope just to insult the Prophet's Sahaba, the mere fact that Ali r.a kept giving advice to his leader and caliph of the ummah shows without doubt that he accepted that shura was the way of ruling. as for the bolded part everyone bears witness that you shias are the ones that place Ali r.a on the same pedestal as the prophets of God, we see how Zhul fiqah cannot think normally!  grin grin grin

indeed these words are true:

vedaxcool:

Indeed this words are true:

[size=18pt]“No one bears greater hatred towards us [the Ahlel Bayt] than those who claim to love us.”[/size] [Abdullâh al-Mâmaqânî, Miqbâs al-Hidâyah vol. 2 p. 414 (Mu’assasat Âl al-Bayt li-Ihyâ’ at-Turâth, Beirut 1991) quoting from Rijâl al-Kashshî.]

grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

vedaxcool:

lol!  grin grin grin grin what a shame you hold fast unto fabricated statements and claim they are hadiths! when this are statements attributed to Abu hAnifa which we know are weak, fabricated and etc, yet you know equate the statement with a Hadith! indeed Ali r.a cursed a man for insulting the sahabahs of the prophet's so also did he refer to the shia as Satan prey, Liars, Cowards, Hypocrites, Traitorous and accursed!    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so sunnis no longer follow the teachings of Abubakr r.a, nor umar r.a, nor Uthman r.a, nor Ali r.a but not follow the ideology of Abu Hanifa and the three others, [size=18pt]lol!  grin grin grin grin this guy must t=be undergoing serious psychological trauma that he no longer knows what his is saying  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, contradicting himself left, right and centre! lol! I simply pity you, you have suffered a lot of humiliation, it may be due to the curse Ali r.a placed upon those who insult the Prophet's Sahabahs,!  grin  grin grin grin grin[/size]

wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
"Our renewal of allegiance to Imam Ali (as) - as we remember the Day of Ghadeer - will undoubtedly be of greater value if it is accompanied by 'maarefa' (recognition) of this unrivaled Holy personality, and the elevated status bestowed to Him by Allah (swt).​ Of course, our limited intellectual capacity as humans in fields of the unseen elements of religion, can never fully comprehend the multitude of virtues he (as) possesses. However, it suffices to know that even though his enemies and adversaries have attempted their utmost capacities to conceal his absolute qualities, calibre and merit - today we still find an ocean of virtues related to Amirul Mumineen (as) that reassure us of his status as the best of creation after the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Them)".

Courtesy- the "Imam Ali (as)" facebook page, on the upcoming Eid al-Ghadeer on 18th of Dhil-Hijjah,8 days after Eid al-Adha :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151136715987545&set=a.10150267208442545.323969.55046072544&type=1&relevant_count=1
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 8:06am On Nov 02, 2012
The Eid of Wilayat

It was said to Abi Abdillah, Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad al-Sadiq (peace be upon him),the sixth holy Imam from the Ahlul-Bayt of Prophet Muhammad (sa):

"Do the true believers have an Eid other than the two 'Eid (of al-Adhha and al-Fitr) and the Jumu'ah?"

The Imam replied, "Yes, they have one which is even greater than these ones and that is the day when Amirul Mo'minin,Imam Ali (a.s) was designated by the Messanger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) with the Wilayah at Ghadeer Khumm which rests on the necks of all men and women."

Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Vol 7, Pg 325, Hadith 5.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2012
Eid Ghadeer Mubarak to the Shia of Imam Ali (as)!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Rafidi: 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Eid al-Ghadeer Mubarak to all Mu'mineen in Islam!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2012
Eid al-Ghadeer: the Culmination of Islam

Sunday, 14 December 2008 18:00 ⁠  
Masooma Beatty ⁠

As a revert to Islam, Eid al-Ghadeer is the one Eid that always has made the most sense to me and has been the most significant in my worldview. Part of me has found Eid al-Fitr tempered by the loss of the holy days of the month of Ramadan, and Eid al-Adha significant if you or a loved one is performing the Hajj, but otherwise less so. But Eid al-Ghadeer has always been special to me, because it is a celebration of the culmination of Islam – a celebration of the very events that first enabled me to know the status of Imam Ali (peace be upon him) and the crucial role of the Ahlul Bayt (peace be upon them) in the preservation of the True Religion so that I, in 1994, had the blessed chance to discover true Islam for myself. It is only because of  the Ahlul Bayt that I had that chance – without them, the True Religion would have long ago been lost in corruption and time. 

I remember feeling exhausted after becoming Muslim. I had spent a year in intensive research, questioning the entire framework of my existence and engaging in deep self-evaluation so that in the end, I had turned my life upside down and accepted all the conflict and challenges that would bring my way. But I had yet to scratch the surface of Islamic knowledge and had so far yet to go. I had become aware of the sects and divisions between Muslims, much to my sadness. As a Christian, I had been dismayed by all the man-made churches, none of them holding God’s Truth more than any other. I regretted that I might again find nothing in Islam that provided complete access to Reality. 

But then, I read about Ghadeer Khum. The more I read, the lighter my burden became. Here was what I had known must exist – the evidence that God had protected His message from corruption. Every time a revelation from God has come down, man has corrupted it. But the Qur'an has survived because God has protected it, and in Ghadeer Khum, I found the means. I felt tears of deep joy and gratitude to find the protectors of the Qur'an, the ones who have lived the real Islam; for without them, I would have no chance of ever finding the truth. I would have remained a deprived wayfarer, unsatisfied with the religions of man’s making. 

If I had not been blessed to know about Ghadeer and appreciate the status and role of  the Ahlul Bayt, I would have been left very disappointed after my struggle to find the Truth. While I would have gained the clarity of Tawhid (monotheism) that is in Islam, I would yet know I was stuck in a quagmire of man-made distortions that rip apart the Truth and replace it with ignorance and oppression. 

In the Qur’an, Allah says, "And hold fast, all together, by the Rope which God (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude God's favor on you; for you were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, you became brethren; and you were on the brink of the Pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does God make His Signs clear to you, that you may be guided." (3:103) 

Numerous narrations inform us that the Rope is none other than the blessed Ahlul Bayt.

I feel this verse resonating deep in the very fiber of my existence. Without the Rope, I would have nothing to hold to, no hope for access to God’s Truth. It is a great favor from God for which I owe immeasurable gratitude that I was able to find this Rope and try with my best effort to cling to it. I cling to this Rope with the love of the Ahlul Bayt, who made my journey to Islam possible,and who have provided me the means to hope for progress on the journey of Truth and salvation from the fire of hell.  

The Ahlul Bayt have given me, and have given all of us, the chance to realize our potentials, the ability to hope, and the opportunity for the complete peace that can only be found in one who has glimpsed the Truth. Therefore, the Eid of Ghadeer is the most joyous and meaningful Eid to me. It is the Eid of hope and opportunity for all of us. May Allah bless Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad with His greatest blessings and grant them the most fulfilling peace, and may more and more of humanity come to realize the great gift given to all of us when Allah perfected religion by securing the role of the Ahlul Bayt at Ghadeer Khum.

http://islamicinsights.com/religion/religion/eid-al-ghadeer-the-culmination-of-islam.html
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
Iran conference discusses Ghadir message

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121013/reportirt20121013183711300.jpg[/img]

Iran has hosted an international conference on Ghadir Khoum;

The conference is aimed at discussing different aspects of the divine message of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to all Muslims.
Scholars and thinkers from 35 countries among them, Algeria, Pakistan, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Turkey, South Africa, Spain, Iraq and Lebanon have taken part in the event.
Eid al-Ghadir is the anniversary commemorating the last sermon of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in 632 AD at the Pond of Khoum in Saudi Arabia. The sermon, which was attended by tens of thousands of Muslims performing Hajj, saw the Prophet of Islam appointing Imam Ali (PBUH) as his successor.
Eid-e Ghadir, also known as Eid al-Ghadir Khumm, is an anniversary of special significance to all Muslims. It commemorates the occasion at Ghadir Khumm when, by divine command, Prophet Muhammad designated his cousin, Imam Ali to succeed him as the leader of the Muslim community.
The occasion of Ghadir Khumm is also associated with the well-attested Prophetic tradition that he has left behind two weighty things: namely the Holy Qur’an and his progeny, which Muslims consider to be the Prophet’s testamentary declaration.
But the enemies of Islam since the time of the Prophet have always tried to cover and distort the message of Ghadir Khumm and made efforts to create division among Shias and Sunnis.
In commemorating Eid-e Ghadir, Muslims celebrate the event of Ghadir Khoum, to renew their allegiance with Prophet Muhammad, Imam Ali as the first Imam of the Shia Muslims and his progeny.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/10/13/266504/ghadir-islam-imam-ali-prophet/
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
Muslim world celebrates Eid al-Ghadeer

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20121103/reportirt20121103133923893.jpg[/img]

The festive day of Eid al-Ghadeer has rolled in with spectacular programs and thrill in Iran, amid delightful celebrations across the Muslim world. It’s a day in which the Holy Prophet of Islam, by divine command in his last sermon, designated Imam Ali, the first Shia Imam, as his immediate successor.

In Tehran, the mountains of Alborz are brought to life to commemorate the occasion at Ghadir Khumm, a place near the holy city of Mecca, where Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) made the historic declaration after his farewell Hajj pilgrimage. In Iran, people also extend greetings to those who are Seyyed, an honorific title that denotes the descendants of the Holy Prophet.

Muslim scholars and religious leaders refer to Eid al-Ghadeer as the greatest celebration of all religions. They say the result of the mission of all the messengers of God became accomplished on this special day in history, because it's a day in which Islam was completed and perfected.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/03/270231/iran-islam-eid-alghadeer-day-celebrations-imam-ali-prophet-muhammad/
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Specialized Forums on Eid Al-Ghadir in the Philippines

On the occasion of Eid Al-Ghadir, various programs and specialized forums have been planned in different cities of the Philippines. 

(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - On the occasion of Eid Al-Ghadir, various programs and specialized forums have been planned in different cities of the Philippines.

“Ghadir, Velayat (religious leadership) and Imamate” forum will be held by Imam Ali (AS) Center in Marawi city on November 2.

Marawi is the capital city of the province of Lanao del Sur on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. It is predominantly Muslim city which accounts for 90% of the population.

Another program titled “Velayat and Islamic Government” will be organized by Zeynabiyya Center in southern part of the country on November 3.

Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his glad advent) mosque located in Suterville, Zamboanga city will host Eid celebration and a specialized forum on “Velayat, Mahdism and Edalat (justice)” on November 3.

The Iranian center in Manila will also celebrate the Eid on the 1st of November at a program to be attended by Iranian students and the staff of the center residing in this city as well as the citizens.

/129

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=360991
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2012

Shi’ite people perform the traditional Baraa dance as they celebrate Eid al-Ghadir in Sana’a, Yemen. The celebration marks al-Ghadir day, on which Shi’ites believe that Prophet Muhammad nominated his cousin, Imam Ali, to be his successor. (Reuters)

http://blogs.voanews.com/photos/files/2012/11/reuters_us_california_breeders_cup_02Nov12-975x640.jpg
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by LagosShia: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2013
Eid Ghadir Mubarak!
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by Zhulfiqar1: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Alhamdu-lil-lahil-lazhi Ja-ala-na minal muta-mas-si-keen bi Wilayat Amiril-Mu'mineena Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as).

All praise is for Allah (swt) who made us be among those who hold unto the Wilayat of Amirul-Mu'mineen Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as).

Eid-ul-Ghadir Mubarak.
Re: What Is Eid-al-Ghadir ? by sensibility: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
An astonishing overlook... when the shias refer to the Hadith of the Pond... its starts off like this, "O people, Allah the Most Kind the Omniscient has told me that no apostle lives to more than half the age of him who had preceded him...."

If that is true, then as Prophet Nuh(PBUH) was around 900 years old, then the 6th Prophet down his lineage would be some 13 years old!.... and what of the thousands of Prophets down the lineage??... and going up the ladder, the earliest Prophets would have to be millions+ year old!!!!!!
Could this really be an authentic hadith

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr / Advice To Muslim Singles / Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.