Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,581 members, 7,929,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:24 AM

Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. (409 Views)

Husband Caught Wife Red-Handed Having Sex With Another Man In Their Home (Video) / I Am Left-handed. My Bf's Mother Slapped Me Because I Tried To Use My Left-hand / Why are we been supersticious about left handed people (lefty) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by Localemperor: 1:09pm On Feb 28
Being a left handed person in Nigeria has not being easy. People would always want you to give them things with right hand, they perceived that using left hand brings bad luck and most people would not even collect when you use the left hand.

Why do people believe that collecting things with left hand is bad and would bring bad luck, is there a cultural backing.

Studies suggest that approximately 10% of the world population are left-handed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by judatech: 1:25pm On Feb 28
I'm ambidextrous...I use both hands very well...but I lean mostly on my left...
Especially in the villages na very major issue o!
But I keep asking them, if the left hand is that bad why don't they cut theirs off❓🤔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by Chisave: 8:50am On Mar 01
Especially for the religious and superstitious people, I keep asking, is it the devil that created the Left Hand?
Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by FRANCISTOWN: 2:20pm On Mar 01
I was already grown before I started learning to use my right hand. I can use both now, but there are things I certainly can't do with my right hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by Localemperor: 7:31am On Mar 07
judatech:
I'm ambidextrous...I use both hands very well...but I lean mostly on my left...
Especially in the villages na very major issue o!
But I keep asking them, if the left hand is that bad why don't they cut theirs off❓🤔
omo the thing tire me oo, that how a woman refuses to collect money from me because i used left.
Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by judatech: 10:32am On Mar 07
Localemperor:
omo the thing tire me oo, that how a woman refuses to collect money from me because i used left.
You no thank God carry your money move?
Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by MrCork: 10:33am On Mar 07
Localemperor:
Being a left handed person in Nigeria has not being easy. People would always want you to give them things with right hand, they perceived that using left hand brings bad luck and most people would not even collect when you use the left hand.

Why do people believe that collecting things with left hand is bad and would bring bad luck, is there a cultural backing.

angry
Re: Nigeria Culture And The Attack On Left-handed People. by MrCork: 10:33am On Mar 07
Localemperor:

Cant u learn kung-fu??(no oofencsece) angry

(1) (Reply)

Open For Friendship And Maybe Something Serious / The Difference Between Male Promiscuity And Female Promiscuity / Airtel 5000 available for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.