Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,887 members, 7,922,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:20 PM

Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost (20300 Views)

This Gigantic Catfish Was Sold For #100,000 (video/pictures) / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by uba1991: 9:32pm On Feb 28
Lomprico2:
What are the production materials that are costly?

Nigerians are generally a greedy set of people, rich and poor alike.
the diesel prices is high, nylon price is high, petrol price for conveying water is high. Do you know how much is a truck now, vehicles price has risen to the top mountain.
All this happened because we have a president that has nothing to offer.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by OgThanos: 9:33pm On Feb 28
Starboytwo:
Ice water be warning up.

Diarrhea and cholera outbreak might be warming up too and we already have a dead medical system..

Oh God, save Nigeria cry cry cry
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:37pm On Feb 28
Faiththatworks:
I believe at this point some people are bent on sabotaging the government.
Why is everything getting so expensive,it seems Nigeria is now an extension of the United States.
Once the Naira falls to the Dollar, everything rises in Nigeria,I'm wondering how everything involved in the production of pure water is connected to the Dollar.
I believe it's time for Government to intervene and stop the sabotage.
Seriously,I don't think anyone should blame Asiwaju for what's happening in Nigeria,it shows the extent of decline on our nation.
It shows out total dependence on foreign countries for survival.
I say shame on our leaders,a big shame on them.
I implore Government to keep adding more taxes on all these imported goods,we must get to the point where we must begin to look inwards to survive.
If we can't produce ordinary nylon bags to package pure water and we have to also import the chemicals to purify the water,then I say Nigeria has a very serious problem.
For those who believe Asiwaju is the cause of this I implore you to have a rethink,why should we Ignore the bigger problem and focusing on the smaller ones.
God bless Nigeria.

You say shame on our leaders... Is Asiwaju not our current leader? So, shame on him na
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Streetdoctor: 9:42pm On Feb 28
opamoses1:

How come typhoid didn't finish us before sachet water became a thing?

Even the so called sachet or pure water are being produced in people's dirty houses from borehole or well water and a fake Nafdac number is printed on the sachet to deceive gullible people.
I love d question, our environment right now is highly highly contaminated with whole lots of chemicals.
After all, we all drank water from d stream and we didn't die but right now, what we hv now is totally opposite of environment we had then
Secondly, what we ate back then was not chemicalized that was whyiurbody was able to fight any disease unlike now
Many tings dun spoil sir, why's it that d rate in which we hv many terminal illness is alarming unlike back then.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by yakson84(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28
Na by force to drink pure water.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Teeklef(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28
thesicilian:

Leave them let them be fooling themselves online
E no concern me,e no concern me.. Na him make one man shoot him pikin because of a plate of Oha soup and Akpu.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by integrity16(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28
Ice water to the rescue.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by lilachiever(m): 9:50pm On Feb 28
Good. At least polythene waste will reduce.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Aderewah: 9:51pm On Feb 28
uba1991:
some of you are just brainless. How much do you think that company will be selling the water?
How much do you think water bottle will reach if the demand is high?

You’re the stupid one here because bottle water must always use new plastic every time you buy. Removing nylon and plastic removes 65% of the water costs. Even if water bottle is 10k, you buy it once and that’s it. You’re so foolish
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Brendaniel: 9:54pm On Feb 28
[quote author=Babastrong post=128696969][/quote]

How do you know?
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by temielects(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28
letristian:
We are teaching Peter Obi a bitter lesson on the beat. grin

Anyway those teaching Peter Obi a lesson how far, shebi una go fit comfortably afford am without complaints?
you sound like one of them, everything is about the failure your queue behind, grow up!

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by InvertedHammer: 9:56pm On Feb 28
Faiththatworks:
Why is everything getting so expensive,it seems Nigeria is now an extension of the United States.
Once the Naira falls to the Dollar, everything rises in Nigeria,I'm wondering how everything involved in the production of pure water is connected to the Dollar.
Seriously,I don't think anyone should blame Asiwaju for what's happening in Nigeria,it shows the extent of decline on our nation.
I implore Government to keep adding more taxes on all these imported goods,we must get to the point where we must begin to look inwards to survive.
If we can't produce ordinary nylon bags to package pure water and we have to also import the chemicals to purify the water,then I say Nigeria has a very serious problem.
For those who believe Asiwaju is the cause of this I implore you to have a rethink,why should we Ignore the bigger problem and focusing on the smaller ones.
God bless Nigeria.
/
Read the article again. The price of nylon used in production increased. Everything is affected by dollars because folks thought "consumption to production" was a joke just like everything Nigeria.

/
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Confirm4real(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28
You won't see Emilokan supporters comment...

The hunger is hitting them front and back...

1 bag of pure water go kon be how much bayi...

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by phadul: 10:15pm On Feb 28
Goodluck my bore hole water will suffice and life continues
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Truths9ja: 10:17pm On Feb 28
Effect Ogo Nigeria economy in the comatose state . Very unfortunate seriously
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by angiography(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.

I feel like cursing you fr
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Vikdus: 10:25pm On Feb 28
Bsck
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by sanya4good(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28
Na to dey carry my drinking water comot house every day be that now.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by okeke6969: 10:39pm On Feb 28
Aderewah:
Lol. If we had sense in this country, private investors should build water projects and pipe treated water to homes and offices that are good enough to drink. Everyone should have water bottle to collect water and drink as needed. How many developed countries buy water in sachet? Imagine having so much water under the ground and being thirsty because of price of nylon. Smh

"Imagine having so much water under the ground and being thirsty because of price of nylon"

Chaiii!!! Oga, you bursted my brain with this your last sentence.
So this means if we can't get the simplest done, then the complex is unachievable.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by GlobeTrotter2: 10:41pm On Feb 28
Aderewah:
Lol. If we had sense in this country, private investors should build water projects and pipe treated water to homes and offices that are good enough to drink. Everyone should have water bottle to collect water and drink as needed. How many developed countries buy water in sachet? Imagine having so much water under the ground and being thirsty because of price of nylon. Smh
Shebi you are private, why you no invest??

There is a reason water board failed in this country. There was once a time we had such. Find out why first before you advice people to go invest
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by kmaster007: 10:52pm On Feb 28
Nah to drink rain water now remain.... Make rain start to fall...
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Stallione(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28
Nonsense, even water wey God gave us for free na im i no go hear word. Those that are still buying mek una continue o, as for me i don but two 25ltr gallon fill am water buy water guard for market dey put am.

Nonsense and ingredients undecided
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Vision101(m): 11:02pm On Feb 28
Have a good borehole. Use filter to filter your water. You have a drinkable water better than the pure disease. Use a good water bottle. This is already done in my house before now because I discovered that our pure water is pure disease.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by mariahAngel(f): 11:22pm On Feb 28
Vision101:
Have a good borehole. Use filter to filter your water. You have a drinkable water better than the pure disease. Use a good water bottle. This is already done in my house before now because I discovered that our pure water is pure disease.

Does the water taste fresh?
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Cantonese: 11:24pm On Feb 28
Jejely buy ice water or get a water purifier.
Daz all.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Cantonese: 11:27pm On Feb 28
mariahAngel:

Sure. If you get good water filters. They are expensive nowadays but affordable.

Some “pure water” have impurities, contaminants and bacteria. They are dangerous for your health. A good water purifier is a one off purchase. It will last you for many years, if you are careful. That guarantees you good health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Vision101(m): 11:32pm On Feb 28
mariahAngel:

Yeah absolutely. We just fill the tank of the water dispenser. That's all. Use double filter. At the tank up and on the tap that you take your drinking water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by skj1377(m): 12:23am On Feb 29
Nylon water is out so pure water will fade off
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Brendaniel: 1:29am On Feb 29
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.

Oga, nobody is sabotaging Tinubu's government, Tinubu is the one sabotaging his government...

Is he the first president of Nigeria? or the most hated president?

You guys still don't want to admit that Tinubu is failing .....

1 Like

Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by McGeorge1(m): 1:38am On Feb 29
Dear ATWAP, what will you guys gain in depriving people of drinking water?

Baskards. The problem of this country is UNION.
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by hansomb: 3:37am On Feb 29
Are they also indirectly trying to say government should subsidize them
Re: Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost by Mirasteel: 4:46am On Feb 29
Aderewah:
💯

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination? / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.