Stats: 3,179,937 members, 7,909,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:32 AM

Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! (881 Views)

Pls Help With Window 7 Key For 32bit Tnx / Help Me With Window 7 Ultimate Activation / Help With Window 8.1 Activation Code (2) (3) (4)

Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! by jonspaker(f): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2011
I am confuse, why most Acer Machines are not compatible with window 98 or XP professional OS. I'd purchase one last month and then get back to it dealer. As it was only compatible with window 7. I've try to install Widow 99 and XP-professional thrice. and when i successful install, then i couldn't install video graphic's in it. I've found more other Emachines not compatible with other OS professional.

My Friends want my help, as I've advice them to buy E-Machine. Now they don't wanna give it back to their dealer. So, can you guy's tell me. What should i do to make it compatible with all OS.
Re: Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! by Maleeq(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2011
Windows 98?
Are you serious? bros na 2011 we dey o? What in the world do you need Win98 for?
Re: Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! by jonspaker(f): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks for reply bro.

I know you will be surprised

but i am still using window 98 and XP professional too.
and i want my E machine use to be compatible with that old version of OS.
Re: Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! by Maleeq(m): 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
hmmmm, alright bro.

But I don't know about Win98 on modern computers, but then the XP install should be fine. However, you may face difficulty in obtaining system drivers as most technology vendors don't maintain backward compatibility always unless necessary.

Cheers!
Re: Why Most Acer Machines Are Not Compatible With Window 98! by blackweaver(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2011
what is the model of the laptop?
it's possible that while the laptop vendor doesn't have supply graphics drivers for winxp there might still be some site
where one can find winxp drivers that will work

But as to why, it's oga Microsoft's fault; they want everyone to move away from xp to win7 and they will soon stop support for it anyway

Could Anyone Be Generous Enough To Post Some Start-up Training On Mikrotik? / Hp Dv6 Laptop New Screen Urgently Needed In 24hrs / How To Speed Up Windows Computer

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8