Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:42 PM

MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction (1304 Views)

Otti Takes Inspection Tour Of Aba-port Harcourt Expressway Reconstruction (pix) / MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit / See The New Look Of Enugu-onitsha Road Being Constructed By Buhari(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by MCentral: 2:38pm On Mar 03
MTN Nigeria has achieved a significant milestone in the rehabilitation of the 110- kilometre Enugu-Onitsha Expressway under the Road Infrastructure Tax Credit (RITC) scheme, which has reached 17% completion.

“We are pleased with the progress. This is a crucial step towards improving the transportation infrastructure in the region, and it helped to improve the ease of commuting, particularly during the festive season. More broadly, we believe the project will have a transformative impact on the lives of Nigerians and the country’s economy once completed,” MTN Nigeria said in a statement.

MTN Nigeria had earlier prepaid the sum of N12.032 billion, towards the reconstruction of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway.

The telecoms giant is expected to complete the dualisation of the 110-kilometre road.

The RITC scheme grants income tax credit to companies and individuals that provide funding for the refurbishment and rehabilitation of roads.

The scheme is a public-private partnership (PPP) intervention that enables the Nigerian government to leverage private sector capital and efficiency for the construction, repair, and maintenance of critical road infrastructure in key economic areas in Nigeria.

Participants will be entitled to utilise the total cost (project cost), incurred in the construction or refurbishment of an eligible road as a tax credit against their future Companies Income Tax (CIT) liability, until full cost recovery is achieved.

In August 2021, MTN announced plans to reconstruct the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, under the RITC.

[url]https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/article/mtn-nigeria-completes-17-of-enugu-onitsha-expressway-reconstruction/
[/url]

[img]https://i0.wp.com/moneycentral.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/MTN-new-logo.jpg?w=906&ssl=1
[/img]
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:44pm On Mar 03
The pace is slow but we thank God something is being done.

APC is an evil party

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by RepoMan007: 2:46pm On Mar 03
If done cost effectively, it should serve to expose the inflation going on in public service.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by hansomb: 2:47pm On Mar 03
That's how it suppose to be

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by christejames(m): 2:48pm On Mar 03
This is the only noble idea from the govt of Buhari, allowing corporate agencies to take up infrastructural development for tax return or rebate cool

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by matify83: 3:08pm On Mar 03
The percentage completion pales against the quantum of work still left but it is a step in the right direction.

Major roads for which resources can not readily be mobilized should be concessioned to private companies for tax rebates.

States should follow suit and hold multinational and indigenous companies to projects instead of multiple taxations that is mismanaged by the Governors.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Sirmwill: 3:12pm On Mar 03
hansomb:
That's how it suppose to be

Bro

That's not how it's supposed to be ooo
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by gaby(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03
A set-to-be-abandoned project going by the company's recent financial reports.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Depriest2020: 3:46pm On Mar 03
At this pace it means it will still take them 10yrs more to complete it.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Chimarto: 3:49pm On Mar 03
I thought it's completed not knowing it's complicated.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Jlow2: 3:51pm On Mar 03
17% and apc is already advertising it, may God deliver Nigeria from the hand of this evil party

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Bulldozer90: 3:54pm On Mar 03
matify83:
The percentage completion pales against the quantum of work still left but it is a step in the right direction.

Major roads for wish resources can not readily be mobilized should be concessioned to private companies for tax rebates.

States should follow suit and hold multinational and indigenous companies to projects instead of multiple taxations that is mismanaged by the Governors.
on federal roads? You guys enjoy typing nonsense.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Tobihabeeb: 4:05pm On Mar 03
It's now left for private organisations to build federal roads in d East.

What a country
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by kettykin: 4:14pm On Mar 03
gaby:
A set-to-be-abandoned project going by the company's recent financial reports.

Their full year report is too frightening, I have been trying to analyze what could have gone wrong . If a whole mtn made that loss what would small companies do.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by matify83: 4:19pm On Mar 03
Bulldozer90:
on federal roads? You guys enjoy typing nonsense.

States don't have roads?

The multinational companies don't pay taxes to state government?

Do you know how much Lagos state is getting as tax from Dangote refinery?

Do you know how much Kogi state gets as tax from Mtn for the fiber optic cables traversing the state.

Read to comprehend the flow of the message before you get eaten without condiments.

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Bulldozer90: 4:29pm On Mar 03
matify83:

States don't have roads?

The multinational companies don't pay taxes to state government?

Do you know how much Lagos state is getting as tax from Dangote refinery?

Do you know how much Kogi state gets as tax from Mtn for the fiber optic cables traversing the state.

Read to comprehend the flow of the message before you get eaten without condiments.
you are still wrong head or tail. You do not harass innocent businesses already paying multiple taxes . You hold them to account for what? Are they owing you or are they your government?
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by TapGenic: 4:31pm On Mar 03
MTN NG should compensate us for Network outage/Disruptions over the past weeks.

Folks lost millions as a result of that.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by matify83: 4:35pm On Mar 03
Bulldozer90:
you are still wrong head or tail. You do not harass innocent businesses already paying multiple taxes . You hold them to account for what? Are they owing you or are they your government?

You are ignorant of the Nigeria tax laws.

I'm a federal employee but I pay my tax to the state government where I work.

Same with registered companies.

Until the laws are repealed, companies will continue to suffer multiple taxation at federal, state and local government levels.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Bulldozer90: 4:39pm On Mar 03
matify83:

You are ignorant of the Nigeria tax laws.

I'm a federal employee but I pay my tax to the state government where I work.

Same with registered companies.

Until the laws are repealed, companies will continue to suffer multiple taxation at federal, state and local government levels.

Mr man you said states should make companies do projects. I engaged you on that and you're running in circles.

States should follow suit and hold multinational and indigenous companies to projects
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by matify83: 4:49pm On Mar 03
Bulldozer90:
Mr man you said states should make companies do projects. I engaged you on that and you're running in circles.

You don't seem to understand my flow.

It is common practice for companies to undertake projects in lieu of tax rebate.

I'm encouraging states to copy the same format on multinational companies.

Instead of collecting huge taxes at state level, I encourage states to tie those taxes to projects to be executed by the companies eg roads or hospital.

Nobody is forcing the companies to do projects.

What is difficult in my language.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Ebubu2: 4:49pm On Mar 03
matify83:

Major roads for which resources can not readily be mobilized should be concessioned to private companies for tax rebates.

I don’t know why Rivers state governor cannot mandate them to build Port Harcourt monorail within PH metropolis.

Or why they can’t build sections of our Eastern corridor railway linking Eastern Nigerian to SS and NE.

Including Banks such as Access and GTB.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Bulldozer90: 4:57pm On Mar 03
matify83:

You don't seem to understand my flow.

It is common practice for companies to undertake projects in lieu of tax rebate.

I'm encouraging states to copy the same format on multinational companies.

Instead of collecting huge taxes at state level, I encourage states to tie those taxes to projects to be executed by the companies eg roads or hospital.

Nobody is forcing the companies to do projects.

What is difficult in my language.
ok. I get now.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by faceland: 5:04pm On Mar 03
MTN a foreigner would pay for road and not Dangote the subsidized business that damages road.
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Paraman: 5:33pm On Mar 03
The pace is so slow
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Gustavowhite(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03
I could remember vividly that Buhari APC supporters listed this road as one of their projects started and finished in the East,in their word the road is 70% ready
What more do the Igbos want,they asked?
Hahahaha
Nigeria under APC is a big joke
And they expect us not to make jokes when the Naira/economy is falling
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:41pm On Mar 03
Welcome development
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by Solsix(m): 7:06pm On Mar 03
At all, at all
Re: MTN Nigeria Completes 17% Of Enugu-onitsha Expressway Reconstruction by hansomb: 7:30pm On Mar 03
Sirmwill:

Bro

That's not how it's supposed to be ooo
so how's it suppose to be

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't Tinubu Do This For SS Instead / I Must Not Be Igbo To Choose Peter Obi, Frank Edoho To Online Troll / Obasanjo Declares State Of Emergency (Again) In Ekiti State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.