Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,768 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals (27911 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni: 'Gernot Rohr Is The Worst Coach In Nigeria History' / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Mrtaye: 6:46pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
what's different about it... Have u not seen suarez, Messi, Ronaldo miss sitters for their national team.... Did they kill them... Oga move on
This one is significant and monumental....the calamitous smile and the ruminant style gum chewing was a let down

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by naija1stnigar(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03
If not for christ we suppose shoot you original Ijebu arrow. How can a human being who called himself a professional footballer miss such a chance and still want to put his dirty mouth into football matters. Putting his mouth into football matters is what aroused our anger
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by bluefilm: 7:09pm On Mar 03
Haaland's miss today against Manchester United is another unforgettable dent in his career as a striker.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Yirnggau(m): 7:12pm On Mar 03
Wow
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by VanuatuWycombe: 7:19pm On Mar 03
CaptainZubi:

Even Ronaldo don miss many chances similar to that

You don’t mean it. That open net goal? I stopped watching ball when Morinho left Chelsea after his first stint at the club.

E mean say Yakubu and Ronaldo na siblings for goal-missing.
Has Messi missed any of such chances?

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Rumundele(m): 7:20pm On Mar 03
Stay away from social media you, you will get more attack...
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by VinnyBaba: 7:22pm On Mar 03
bluefilm:
Haaland's miss today against Manchester United is another unforgettable dent in his career as a striker.

U see am, Abi?

Haaland missed a Direct Free goal Today against Man Utd
that a 50yr old JayJay Okocha would score. shocked embarassed

Quite a Pity the match was not played yesterday Saturday. undecided

All diz pple here commenting Hate about Yakubu would have had a Different reasoning. sad
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by VinnyBaba: 7:24pm On Mar 03
VanuatuWycombe:

You don’t mean it. That open net goal? I stopped watching ball when Morinho left Chelsea after his first stint at the club.

E mean say Yakubu and Ronaldo na siblings for goal-missing.
Has Messi missed any of such chances?

Messi hasn't.

But he has MISSED Crucial Penalties for Argentina, Barcelona and PSG. sad
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by VanuatuWycombe: 7:25pm On Mar 03
VinnyBaba:

Messi hasn't.

But he has MISSED Crucial Penalties for Argentina, Barcelona and PSG. sad

Thanks, man.

1 Like

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by DeGLORIOUS: 7:37pm On Mar 03
I still hate that guy. He was not even remorseful after the missed. Instead he was just smiling and looking up. It was like he was paid to do that or a deliberate act
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Sinof(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03
We still mentioned that Aiyegbeni miss today when Haaland missed his first chance against Man U
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Favor99(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03
CORRECTION: Although that was a dreadful miss and a 2010 team that was completely apathetic about playing in the first World Cup hosted on African soil, he did make up for that miss. They were losing 1-2, and he missed that goal then 3 minutes later he tied the game with PK. So either way he made up for it. The article was dubious saying score was 2-2. And people were being unreasonable with him. They should have dragged Sani Kaita. They need the drag that whole 23 man squad that played like sh**, with the exception of Enyeama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Cmanforall: 8:17pm On Mar 03
GistMedia0:
In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria's crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. "I still get messages from people, different messages," he stated in the interview. "It's surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years."

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. "Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows," he remarked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRulR5Os_qM

The last part of the interview is among the things affecting Super Eagles even today.

How can a player play all the qualifiers, plus goals, and still be dropped for the main tournament?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Cmanforall: 8:22pm On Mar 03
Yakubu missed a great chance, but he remains one of the good strikers Nigeria has produced.
Though his reaction after the miss annoyed many, he should be forgiven.

But why are people.not dragging the Kaita who stupidly got an unnecessary red card?

Check Haaland's miss today against United (1st half)
Does that take wlaway Haaland's quality?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by 265alade: 8:52pm On Mar 03
this one nor be goal miss na juju be this lolthis one nor be goal miss na juju be this lol...
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by oyeb15: 9:11pm On Mar 03
I like Yakubu. He's d calmest Nigeria striker ever.

But that miss could be match fixing
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by eepeepook: 9:12pm On Mar 03
Your failures will always be magnified while your successes always overlooked. It’s life for you.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Akagbe(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03
Just take a look at what this Man miss
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Tonididdyx: 9:27pm On Mar 03
SMARTMOTORS:
My own na make we do enter 2027....dem no born YAKUBU well to near Inec office again!!

Unku na mouth u dey...
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Timoleon(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03
franchasofficia:
lol he deserves it because if eventually I cross path with him, I will finish him off because anytime I remember that goal he missed, I feel like petitioning FIFA to force Aiyegbeni to refund all the money he ever earned as a footballer, WTF cheesy

Baba no try am o. Aiyegbeni dey wait for people like you. Because of you e go learn boxing. If you loose guard am, you go see anyhow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by vikstandon(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03
You tear hommies bet ticket, and you want them to forget.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by AntiChristian: 10:31pm On Mar 03
Yampotatocarrot:

Looking at the pix,abeg where the ball come go? Cos every direction should show that Ball entering the net... Abi Na back pass him do?

Na the side of the net o!

See am! As if say village people hold his leg!

Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Melagros(m): 10:39pm On Mar 03
SMARTMOTORS:
My own na make we do enter 2027....dem no born YAKUBU well to near Inec office again!!
Supported brother, anything wei go happen make en happen
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by Passionnn: 10:48pm On Mar 03
christejames:
grin grin grin grin

Nigerians hardly forget, even though they easily forgive shocked
I'd forgiven, forgotten and moved on.
But after seeing this picture you posted here, you have ooened up old wounds.
Aiyegbeni!!! Thunder fire you. WTF
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by DEMARCO1: 11:29pm On Mar 03
Sorry Mr Aiyegbeni..it was called the "Miss of the Century"..no other Miss has topped this till date especially at such a Big Event as the World Cup
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by papyjaypaul: 11:38pm On Mar 03
bolabadmus38:
Without defending Yakubu,it happens in football sometimes. Many world class footballers did same at some points in time in their careers,but showed remorse immediately. I think Ayegbeni was overwhelmed because he never believed it could happen. That's football for you. Those who have played football at different levels will understand better.

I think his problem was that he didn't have the chance to correct that error. Like playing AFCON 2013 or something else that people could use to forgive him a bit. He did that qt the end of his career so that will be the last thing people remember.

People thought he was smiling but that's his own expression of shock. Not everyone will understand. Okocha did that a lot, he smiled sheepishly not because it is funny, it is just shock.
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:06am On Mar 04
danilho:
I have seen worse miss. Nigerians need to let go, it’s been over a decade.
dey play dey go
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by BigDawsNet: 4:47am On Mar 04
He couldn't even feature in Nigerian or Africa Legendary games because people tend to insult him on the pitch..

Remember when he came to play a legend game in lagos and people we're chanting "yakubu ole" meaning yakubu theif... bet he no tiff anything na 😁
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by dododawa1: 7:13am On Mar 04
cunny88:
He remains of Nigerias finest strikers......about a century of goals in the EPL and Nigerias third all time highest goal scorer
finest strike

What of YEKINI?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by cunny88(m): 9:11am On Mar 04
dododawa1:
finest strike

What of YEKINI?
Yekini was undoubtedly the best we ever had, very lethal striker but Aiyegbeni will also be up there as one of Nigeria's finest
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by OyinO: 10:55am On Mar 04
Stewpeed talk. You deserve more than attacks. That miss broke hearts, broke bones and broke hopes. How can it be forgotten?
Re: I Still Get Attacked By People - Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals by OyinO: 10:57am On Mar 04
And your career died with that stewpeed miss. How about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Allen Onyema Presents ₦20 Million Cheque To The Super Eagles / Harry Kane Is Excited By Mourinho Tactics / Wilfred Ndidi Is The Player With The Most Tackles This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.