Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,738 members, 7,889,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:46 AM

Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market (13436 Views)

$1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens / Dangote Cement & 10 Others Push Equity Market Upwards, Posts 1.57% Gain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by chidiokay: 6:45pm On Mar 05
omoredia:

Then why not go and buy the wholesale and rest? U don't have an alternative and u are complaining? What brings down price? Life is not a charity we are compelled to make profit than to do charity.

My problem is not "retail price" incase you missed the point, selfish gain & over greed is one of the biggest problem that as contributed to the present economy hardship

what generally drives up price is "Higher demand" .. can we say there is higher demand for chin - chin now, are we going to blame dollar for the astronomical hike in garri, indomie, sphagetti prices.
The person that sold mimee chin-chin to me @ #150 per one stays in a rented shop while aboki that insist it is #200 stays in a small kiosk ... @#150 does it mean the person didnt make gain or she purposely sold at loss

Can anyone make sense of the nonsense excuse dangote & bua gave to justify cement increase ... we Nigerians are just terrible humans from leaders to followers
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by TrennixGLOBAL: 6:48pm On Mar 05
chidiokay:

These nonsense you call a 'Hustle" is no longer enough that you do it, must you promote it ? are you genuinely looking out for people to make a living or you need large forces so you can all put down the Naira nd make lazy man profit.

Where in the world does a citizen buy foreign currency to keep against the local currency , can an American buy pounds pray night and day for dollar to fall so he can oppress his neighbours, or is chinese that will buy dollar n keep anticipating Yuan must fall
Things that happen in these country are evidences that Nigerians are mad esp. the elite class, naa yabaleft you suppose dey

when everyone wants to save there money in dollars in a Naira economy why won't the naira fall worsen .. yet people like you go follow blame govt for everything

I knew someone would surely come to say something like this and i have been expecting it.

The same so-called government and the same politicians you are backing are looting in dollars, stacking and keeping their funds in dollars, borrowing more dollar funds which they would still steal from.

I believe i have said more than i should but anyways, i like your kind of person as an obedient loyal follower of your failed government being led to the gutters while they take another path.
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by kowalsky: 7:58pm On Mar 05
chidiokay:

My problem is not "retail price" incase you missed the point, selfish gain & over greed is one of the biggest problem that as contributed to the present economy hardship

what generally drives up price is "Higher demand" .. can we say there is higher demand for chin - chin now, are we going to blame dollar for the astronomical hike in garri, indomie, sphagetti prices.
The person that sold mimee chin-chin to me @ #150 per one stays in a rented shop while aboki that insist it is #200 stays in a small kiosk ... @#150 does it mean the person didnt make gain or she purposely sold at loss

Can anyone make sense of the nonsense excuse dangote & bua gave to justify cement increase ... we Nigerians are just terrible humans from leaders to followers

Lol fool. It's a free market. Anyone can set any price at any time. Market forces - you deciding not to buy cos you felt it was overpriced determines any eventuality - maybe said Aboki gets thrown out of business.

To expect that everyone acts rationally and to your interest instead of theirs in a free market is madness.
You're especially mad because instead of turning to face the actual problem - your lives and those of your generation unborn - being looted to somnolence by crass, senile, despicable old men you've turned your focus on business men doing business.

Get help
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by omoredia: 8:02pm On Mar 05
chidiokay:

Then reverse the rate of the dollar and see things reverse. U cant blame people responding to a problem more than the Tinubu that have caused the problem in the first place. Think bro. Think!
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:14pm On Mar 05
Bluntemperor:

God bless you bro!
These guys parading the Social Media are real enemies of Nigeria, doing Nothing,yet telling you and running Traffic on Social Media..- Dollars, Pound Sterling is this,high or low?
Who gives a Bleep but being jobless, without any Production is understanding!
Shame!
CERTAINLY! ABEG WE NEED MORE MILLIONS OF BRAINS LIKE YOU IN NAIJA. smiley
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by axponline: 8:52pm On Mar 05
Its fairly obvious to me that some unknown forces are wrecking havoc with the exchange rate no matter what the govt does. Who is buying forex at this rate and more importantly, what is it being used for. Anyone who can answer this question may be on the right track to solving this mystery.
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by femi4: 9:15pm On Mar 05
Amotolongbo:

N2050 is not a record low.
There was a time it was more than 2,300naira for a pound
It will hit and surpass it anyway, its just a matter of time
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by Amotolongbo(f): 9:15pm On Mar 05
Zooposki:

Why did you not charge your phone? Wwwhhhyyy
Cos there is a stable light here. I can always charge my phone any time I want
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by Goldbw122(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05
There is something the government are not telling us... They need to confess..
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by Ilekokonit: 10:57pm On Mar 05
I remember converting N250,000 to £1,000 in 2007 - i.e at £1 = N250

Now it is £1 = N2050 (a depreciation of 720%)

Thank God I left Nigeria in 2008 when the business I came back to do in Nigeria yielded only 25 Naira profit in 6 months. Staff theft et al.

My heart goes out to the suffering millions of Nigerians with nowhere to run to. God is your strength.
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by Ilekokonit: 11:06pm On Mar 05
wunmi590:
the federal government should start doing things right...

Unfortunately Nigeria's politicians will NEVER do the right thing as they are ADDICTED to stealing public funds so that they can build up corrupt war chests with which to fight future elections, hire unpatriotic SAN's and corrupt the election petition tribunals Judges with their LOOT just like the way Tinubu bought the Supreme Court Judges.

At this stage, only something dramatic can save Nigeria.
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by ello29(m): 8:04am On Mar 06
Man102:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/05/breaking-naira-depreciates-by-7-32-to-n2050-against-great-british-pound-at-the-black-market/

So it's not BDC and transaction in dollars that is the course? As dollar still depreciate after stop transfer in dollars. Who are this people try to confuse and destroy our economy without plan to increase local production export and a long security instability which is one of the big reasons.
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by shonepa(m): 8:41am On Mar 06
No be dollar again, now na pounds.

Abeg, na Yen remain to post grin

TheBillyboy:

I didn't see where the paragraph you quoted stated it was "a record low"
Re: Naira depreciates, posts £1/N2050 at black market by wunmi590(m): 11:52am On Mar 06
Ilekokonit:

Unfortunately Nigeria's politicians will NEVER do the right thing as they are ADDICTED to stealing public funds so that they can build up corrupt war chests with which to fight future elections, hire unpatriotic SAN's and corrupt the election petition tribunals Judges with their LOOT just like the way Tinubu bought the Supreme Court Judges.

At this stage, only something dramatic can save Nigeria.

Aptly said bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Plans Fresh Banks’ Recapitalisation As Capital Base Weakens By $3.5bn / Banks, Telcos Feud Over USSD Charges Deepens / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.