Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,266 members, 7,884,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates (12292 Views)

Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" / .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. / Steve Jobs Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
those saying that it's a pity a dead man can't talk and defend himself, why wasn't the bio released when he was alive? why didnt he say all those things to Bill's face.? and IMO, Bill's response was just appropriate. Apple was overrated anyway and still is
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by passyjango(m): 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
damola1:

Impact on the industry, raising the bar higher, users now expected more from competitors. In the book: Steve jobs, it's clearly states and I quote ' This is a book about the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing and digital publishing, you might even add a seventh, retail stores, '

Listen, you can pick each of those field, and ask yourself the pre-era , what exactly was going on,  I don't have to start telling you what mp3 players looked like, or even smart phones, but you simply cannot deny that he affected all users of technology.
Those are his claims. I am talking real impact not patents or marketing/PR. And I am talking about how his revolution has affected Nigeria and the rest of the world (emerging markets), which is the part of the world I live in (hence the world that matters to me). In Nigeria, we still buy most our music on CDs (No Jobs impact) and other companies have innovated more in delivering technology to more people in my part of the world than Apple have done.

You don't expect me to believe that Apple has revolutionized technology, just because the western media said so. I use technology and I observe how technology is used and can boldly say that Apple will not be in the top 10 in Nigeria in terms of significance.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by elrony(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH, Bill is d bigger man in d picture of todays IT innovation!!!!
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by damola1: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2011
passyjango:

Those are his claims. I am talking real impact not patents or marketing/PR. And I am talking about how his revolution has affected Nigeria and the rest of the world (emerging markets), which is the part of the world I live in (hence the world that matters to me). In Nigeria, we still buy most our music on CDs (No Jobs impact) and other companies have innovated more in delivering technology to more people in my part of the world than Apple have done.

You don't expect me to believe that Apple has revolutionized technology, just because the western media said so. I use technology and I observe how technology is used and can boldly say that Apple will not be in the top 10 in Nigeria in terms of significance.

Nigeria is a damn third world country that's finding hard to keep up with technology and worst still adapting, we live in the past if we continue to let the world lead and not at least follow up on time, if we continue to think cheap pirated software is the way forward we seriously have a problem. And it's not only about apple but so many other stuff, 3D tv sets, internet startups,  what am I saying,  we can't even boast of 24hrs electricity.

Bill Gates as I know him is a contract, patent person, else, why is windows not open. You don't expect companies to spend millions or billions of dollars on RD and just throw it away!

I don't currently use any apple products, cos I can't afford it, but it doesn't mean I am blind to what's going on. If you truly use technology, you'll appreciate the beauty of a work is not just about packaging up engineering mumbo jumbo, but it's abt the art, and delivery to the end consumer, ease of use is key.

Apple as taught me a great deal, especially in relation in how to connect to consumers.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2011
Here's what Job had to say to Dell, that man was a saucy fellow;

Jobs had a public war of words with Dell
Computer CEO Michael Dell, starting
when Jobs first criticized Dell for making "un-
innovative beige boxes".

On October 6, 1997, in a Gartner Symposium, when Michael Dell was asked what he would do if he owned then-troubled Apple Computer, he said "I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

Afterall 11 years later, Job still had Dell in mind despite igniting the fire first!

In 2006, Jobs sent an email to all employees when Apple's market capitalization rose above Dell's. The email read: Team, it turned out that Michael Dell wasn't perfect at predicting the future. Based on today's stock market close, Apple is worth more than Dell. Stocks go up and down, and things may be different tomorrow, but I thought it was worth a moment of reflection today. Steve.

Source: wikipedia

I still prefer the gentleman, Gates
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by damola1: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2011
Ranks007:

Here's what Job had to say to Dell, that man was a saucy fellow;

Jobs had a public war of words with Dell
Computer CEO Michael Dell, starting
when Jobs first criticized Dell for making "un-
innovative beige boxes".

On October 6, 1997, in a Gartner Symposium, when Michael Dell was asked what he would do if he owned then-troubled Apple Computer, he said "I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."

Afterall 11 years later, Job still had Dell in mind despite igniting the fire first!

In 2006, Jobs sent an email to all employees when Apple's market capitalization rose above Dell's. The email read: Team, it turned out that Michael Dell wasn't perfect at predicting the future. Based on today's stock market close, Apple is worth more than Dell. Stocks go up and down, and things may be different tomorrow, but I thought it was worth a moment of reflection today. Steve.

Source: wikipedia

I still prefer the gentleman, Gates

I like the way he said things, it got things done on time. It's either you are smart or not,
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by passyjango(m): 12:15am On Nov 14, 2011
damola1:

Nigeria is a damn third world country that's finding hard to keep up with technology and worst still adapting, we live in the past if we continue to let the world lead and not at least follow up on time, if we continue to think cheap pirated software is the way forward we seriously have a problem. And it's not only about apple but so many other stuff, 3D tv sets, internet startups,  what am I saying,  we can't even boast of 24hrs electricity.

Bill Gates as I know him is a contract, patent person, else, why is windows not open. You don't expect companies to spend millions or billions of dollars on RD and just throw it away!

I don't currently use any apple products, cos I can't afford it, but it doesn't mean I am blind to what's going on. If you truly use technology, you'll appreciate the beauty of a work is not just about packaging up engineering mumbo jumbo, but it's abt the art, and delivery to the end consumer, ease of use is key.

Apple as taught me a great deal, especially in relation in how to connect to consumers.

I am not talking about free, I am talking about affordability. Other companies are doing, so Apple should be able to do it. Maybe we believe in different schools of thought. For me technology is about empowering people irrespective of their economic standing. It does not matter if the hardware is rapped in banana pills as long as it empowers me. At least, it is better than a glossy looking over-priced gadget that will probably be outdated in less than a year.

You are not using Apple products because you cannot afford them, what it then means is that without those mumbo jumbo products, you will probably not be on Nairaland today. If Apple was the only company in the world or if every company followed the Apple philosophy most of us will probably not be using computers or smartphones today. That is why I oppose the Apple philosophy, I need to protect my interest.

Do not get me wrong, there is nothing wrong in selling premium products (those who can afford them should have them), but companies should also offer products targeted at mid-range and entry level segments as well, like I said earlier, you do not need to be rich to access technology. That is why Apple remains insignificant to me.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by moonraker(m): 12:36am On Nov 14, 2011
I swear you guyts dont get it.

Steve Jobs is not a programmer. Bill gates is,

And Yes, There is a chance that the Mac concept was created by bill,

This is not the first time that i have heard of this issue.

OSX is what windows should have been. Get this, Bill is part of the BODs of apple.

plus you have office for mac too, still not convience??
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by nwaomachux(m): 1:35am On Nov 14, 2011
“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing: that's why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar.

We all need to encourage someone or be encouraged especially in this time when the love of many have grown cold. A lot of people find it easy to talk you down and this may create an impression that you are worthless.

That's exactly where this Audio CD comes in. Listening to it daily will surely make you have that eureka moment.

This Audio CD can also be a guide for your children to learn to pronounce English words correctly.

We designed it to make sure that you can locate any favorite quote easily, can you beat that?

http://quotesandsayings.gnbo.com.ng/

Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by darne(m): 2:44am On Nov 14, 2011
APPLE and Their Useless Products SUCKS  angry angry !!!

I WILL FOREVER KEEP PATRONISING MICROSOFT AND THEIR PRODUCTS, STILL THE BEST !

[size=40pt] APPLE SUCKS[/size]  angry angry
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by eyesonyou: 3:26am On Nov 14, 2011
Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have cemented their legacy in the field technology. Bill Gates will forever will be known as the man who brought PC to the doorstep of common man
through Windows OS. Chances are that 8 out of 10  computer users use Windows daily either for work or personal.

I like the humility of Bill Gates and his big heart. His foundation (Bill and Melinda) outfit is deemed to be the largest private philanthropic foundation in the World! That to me is a measure of success that is unparalleled in Silicon Valley.

Also, in the struggling years of Apple (nineties,) it was Microsoft that bailed Apple out of their financial woes by injecting the much need cash into Apple.  Without that capital infusion, Apple would have collapsed or swallowed up.

For those who are arguing about who changed the world the most between Bill and Steve. The answer is clear cut.
Read more    --    http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-09-08/tech/30128341_1_microsoft-products-macintosh-software-innovators
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by elliotthn0: 4:39am On Nov 14, 2011
do you mean Kobe Bryant helped Michael Jordan to be a basketball star?
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by sebastinta(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2011
elliotthn0:

do you mean Kobe Bryant helped Michael Jordan to be a basketball star?
meaning?
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by toluxa1(m): 7:58am On Nov 14, 2011
I think its really silly to say that Bill Gates is unimaginative. Its even more annoying that anyone will pick on his philanthropist work. That Man has given hundreds of millions of dollars to charity, in fact that is an understatement and I even respect him more for this. He did this when the war of billionaires was raging hot, didn't care what position he was on the chart. I think Bill Gates is by far a greater accomplished person than Steve.

RIP
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Pain(m): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2011
The question I have on the table is this: Between Bill & Jobs, who has a bigger heart?

I would take sides with the guy with the bigger heart any day. How many business outlets/offices have macs on their desks or laps?
I guess the answer is obvious.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by OmoTier1(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2011
Sorry never liked Apple products, not sure if I ever will! Apple concept from day one was - SELF CENTRED - and -ELITIEST - to say the list. When I look around my office, shops, homes, roads, railways, airports, etc, I see the finger works of Microsoft making life worth living and inspiring a brighter tomorrow!

Sure, a child to be given birth to in 50years time is more likely to use Windows/Android first before osX which underscores who among the two really have changed the world and made it a better place!
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Obiakara: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2011
whoever posted this, as well as those who commented on this are so ignorant, if you don't know much about the history between Steve Jobs RIP and Bill Gates, you dont need to post a blind comment. Bill Gates was a employed by Steve Jobs as a programme for the Mac, before Bill Gates left Mac to start Microsoft. Yes, he did help steve Jobs Create the Mac, and yes most of the concepts on Mac where imported to Windows because Jobs never registered a Patent for the OS Bill Gates created for Mac.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by PeeDaVinci: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2011
Obiakara:

whoever posted this, as well as those who commented on this are so ignorant, if you don't know much about the history between Steve Jobs RIP and Bill Gates, you dont need to post a blind comment. Bill Gates was a employed by Steve Jobs as a programme for the Mac, before Bill Gates left Mac to start Microsoft. Yes, he did help steve Jobs Create the Mac, and yes most of the concepts on Mac where imported to Windows because Jobs never registered a Patent for the OS Bill Gates created for Mac.
u r sounding as if every other person who posted here are ignorant , and u r d person who knows it all - not nice.
dat aside, though u r right to some extent, u r wrong in some of ur assertions - fyi, bill founded microsoft in 1975 and apple started 1976/1977, so there is no way bill could have left apple to start microsoft. however, bill worked with jobs in creating mac though
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by olalekanba(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2011
I am presently reading Steve Jobs authorized biography although am in chapter 14 which talks about the development of Mac/Lisa.

Jef Raskin started the Macintosh project for Apple and he left due to disagreement with Steve. Bill Gates was never part of the team.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Obiakara: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2011
Obiakara:

of course these companies where registered 75 & 76 respectively, in the lawsuit between Gates and Jobs over DOS, u should also not that Gates claims where "Jobs refused to patent the OS developed by gates, reason being Apple was more interested in selling hardwares". we talking about patent here, not when the companies where registered!
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by PeeDaVinci: 11:59am On Nov 14, 2011
Obiakara:

of course these companies where registered 75 & 76 respectively, in the lawsuit between Gates and Jobs over DOS, u should also not that Gates claims where "Jobs refused to patent the OS developed by gates, reason being Apple was more interested in selling hardwares". we talking about patent here, not when the companies where registered!

im not disputing ur central argument, but this statement " Bill Gates was a employed by Steve Jobs as a programme for the Mac, before Bill Gates left Mac to start Microsoft" is not so right
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
Both men are intelligent and creative. Bill, in business and sales. Jobbs in techie creativity and innovation. As it turns out, Gates is richer and more influential.
Lesson: He who has the gold, makes the rules.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Kx: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
why hold the declaration till steve's death?
marketing on a dead man's goodwill for selfish reason
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by naylove(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
hmmmmmm sounlds like OBJ VS IBB remix.
comment excused
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by monopolist: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are World shakers

They have made Transgenerational Impact on Humanity

I Pray they will make HEAVEN

JESUS CHRIST IS THE KING OF KINGS
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
Please, I would advise most of you claiming shiit about Steve Jobs to watch video on interviews sponsored by HP on both of them, you would find out Gates is really the man who had hand in Steve works - Steve Jobs testified to that.

For you information, Bill Gates never worked for Jobs but they both worked in same company as youth and Steve was about 6 months older at that time. In all, Bill was actually the one with more insight at that time and also a good programmer. It is laughable when people come here to see Bill as an entrepreneur only. He's  more engaging than Steve in Software. Mac OS X is never Steve Jobs'! Never!

For the patent thing, it depends on how much you could offer for other people's works and the patent could be yours.
Re: I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2011
Stop all this nonsense! This guys have made an impact to their would, whether directly or indirectly, they've helped us out. shocked

The real queston should be what are you gonna be remembered for?
what gonna be YOUR OWN Legacy?
Would ever get the chance to talk about U d way u do dis boys now?

think fallas!, think! don't be pasive! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / John McAfee Wanted For Murder In Belize / Indian Web Proxy Free Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.