Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,271 members, 7,928,904 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Anointed Must Work Hard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Anointed Must Work Hard (103 Views)

Judging The Anointed ? / Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anointed Must Work Hard by kpakpandoN(m): 5:57am On Mar 08
Many people see the anointed and envy them; they also want to be able to lay hands on the sick and have them recover. The anointing to heal the sick is, however, available to every believer. Mark 16:17-18 says that if you are a believer, some signs will follow you, and this includes healing the sick. When you, however, study Matthew 8:14-18, you will see that the moment you have the healing gift, crowds will come. Jesus healed Peter’s mother-in-law, and then, in the evening, they brought all those who were sick and demon-possessed. The news spread so much that many people came to Him for healing.

If you want to be able to lay hands on the sick for their healing, you must be ready for hard work – you will preach, heal, and comfort the brokenhearted. If anyone is in any form of trouble, they will call on you. You will also have to set the captives free, so demon-possessed people will be paying you constant visits, and according to Ephesians 6:12, casting out demons involves spiritual wrestling. Spiritual wrestling is not for the lazy, so if you want to be anointed, you cannot afford to be lazy. The Lord Jesus had the anointing (Acts 10:38), but in Mark 6:31, He had to tell the disciples, “Let us take a break,” because He became so busy that there wasn’t enough time to even eat. If you really want to be anointed, you must be ready to work. I am not saying this to frighten you, I am saying it to get you prepared because someone reading this devotional now is going to get powerfully anointed soon, in Jesus’ name.

Many years ago, I read 1 Corinthians 12:31 which says:
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

I realised God approves for His children to be covetous of the best spiritual gifts, so I told God, “Lord, I want double the anointing on Elisha, Paul, Peter, and Jesus when He was on earth. Add everything together and then double it again.” God responded, “You are asking for a dangerous thing; people won’t let you rest.” I said, “I don’t mind.” How forward we can be sometimes. I now have a better understanding of His warning. If you really desire to be anointed, pray the prayer point for today with all your heart.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: The Anointed Must Work Hard by Nukilia: 6:01am On Mar 08
Great words

1 Like

Re: The Anointed Must Work Hard by Iamanoited: 6:54am On Mar 08
THERE IS ALWAYS POWER, MIGHT AND HOPE IN ALL ANOINTING.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Popular Religions In The World / Our Homeland Not Only For Burials But Celebration Of The Living — Bishop Onuoha / The Spiritual Warfare Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.