Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,789 members, 7,930,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi (19909 Views)

Umahi's Sack: Justice Ekwo Has No Powers To Remove Me - Umahi / ‘This May Be Your Last Fight, If You Try Me’ – Umahi Warns Anyim, Ex- Gov Egwu / I Never Insulted Buhari, So I Would Not Allow APC To Insult Me - Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by geokay777(m): 10:57am On Mar 09
Ofunaofu:

https://dailytrust.com/why-contractors-are-fighting-me-umahi/#google_vignette
That's commendable from the Honourable minister, that's what you expect when you appoint a Seasoned professional.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Umuinyioku: 10:57am On Mar 09
naija4life247:

That's the highest a South Easterner will ever get in Nigeria. 2031 is for Shettima the Kanuri Wonder Boy, if Igbos play Politics without bitterness, they will get the VP position. But if they continue in their hatred and bitterness, then Nyezom Wike the Port Harcourt Magician will snatch the VP from them.

2027 is a done deal already. We have that in our pockets. We are BATified
You must be a street boy who doesn't understand the dynamics of politics.

If you feel, a segment of the society can't aspire to be President, then how do you egalitarian and squabbles free society?

If it has gotten to that stage, a segment can't be a president then it's better to unbundle the Union to ensure peace.

Example is what's happening in Nigeria today.
Fight, fight,fight because of misunderstandings. It's better justice is enthroned or we go our separate ways. Needless fighting and blood letting.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by PHIPEX(m): 11:31am On Mar 09
naija4life247:

That's the highest a South Easterner will ever get in Nigeria. 2031 is for Shettima the Kanuri Wonder Boy, if Igbos play Politics without bitterness, they will get the VP position. But if they continue in their hatred and bitterness, then Nyezom Wike the Port Harcourt Magician will snatch the VP from them.

The ones you got how has your life been better than an average Igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Elidrisy20: 11:40am On Mar 09
If you can't fight them back, leave the seat
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Urgent1Million: 11:55am On Mar 09
Gajagojo:

So price variation is not a contract variation?

You need to relate your example to road construction

Not trailers of food
I did in one of my responses.

Go back and read.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Gajagojo: 12:15pm On Mar 09
Urgent1Million:

I did in one of my responses.

Go back and read.
you are being evasive is price variation a contract variation yes or no?
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Urgent1Million: 12:22pm On Mar 09
Gajagojo:

you are being evasive is price variation a contract variation yes or no?
Three things are at play here.
1. You have comprehension problems.
2. You don't read a comment before responding.
3. You're being deliberately mischievous and intentionally want to waste my time.

Whatever it is, this would be my last response to you on this matter.
There is a reason why contract variation and price variation have different nomenclatures.
Go back to my responses on this thread, read and learn; or go back to school to learn how to learn.
Peace and out.

1 Like

Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by wildernessVoice: 12:23pm On Mar 09
He has contradicted himself.
In a country with hyperinflation like ours, you must pay variation in prices of construction materials.
Imagine you awarded a contract in January, 2024 with cement @#5,000 and now selling #9,000 to #13,000 , won't the contractor be working at lost.
What of government delay in payment of certificate without paying the contractor interest.
The minister should keep to terms and conditions of contract agreements signed with contractors, there won't be any fight.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Gajagojo: 12:25pm On Mar 09
Urgent1Million:

Three things are at play here.
1. You have comprehension problems.
2. You don't read a comment before responding.
3. You're being deliberately mischievous and intentionally want to waste my time.

Whatever it is, this would be my last response to you on this matter.
There is a reason why contract variation and price variation have different nomenclatures.
Go back to my responses on this thread, read and learn; or go back to school to learn how to learn.
Peace and out.
Very long and evasive
Yes or no?
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Rejoice28(f): 12:26pm On Mar 09
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Okoroawusa: 12:33pm On Mar 09
Lumarstone:
UMAIH did well as Ebonyi State governor in the areas of road construction and many other infrastructure, But he treated workers badly and was a small god.

If he tries to show wickedness to the federal contractors, the contractors will slug it out with him because federal government is not Ebonyi State where he pocketed for eight good years.
So what he is saying about project variation is bad abi?
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by blaise26abj(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09
Ofunaofu:

https://dailytrust.com/why-contractors-are-fighting-me-umahi/#google_vignette

The best thing for new contracts is for the contractors make provisions for inflation in their quotation . If it gets worse they take the brunt , if it gets better they cash out .
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Paramount01(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09
jacoik:
Na only this man and minister for interior be d only minister wey get head for dis government

Have you been to Abuja of recent? Just go to see Wike in action
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Paramount01(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
well, in my own opinion I don't think wike will go for vice president, he may rather go for president because if you look at how the guy is gathering money up and down you will know he is getting ready for something big.... And why Atiku choose Peter Obi was because of his good work in Anambra and now the president is from south west and the vice is from northern part of the country, now if shettima is coming out for president he may likely choose vice from south east or south south.

Lolz, God work in Anambra you say, pls mention them
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Amtasiu(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09
Was what he did not right?
You see the problems we have in Nigeria is not only peculiar to leaders also the followers. Imagine the statement one is making just because minister is doing his work properly. The same people will still be complaining of bad government.

Lumarstone:
UMAIH did well as Ebonyi State governor in the areas of road construction and many other infrastructure, But he treated workers badly and was a small god.

If he tries to show wickedness to the federal contractors, the contractors will slug it out with him because federal government is not Ebonyi State where he pocketed for eight good years.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by OALandAgents: 2:40pm On Mar 09
Nobody cares if the contractors don't like the policy.
Like Umahi said if they cannot accept the policy then they are free to quit and give another contractor the opportunity.
Gajagojo:

Variation is a normal part of life
Umahi should realise everything is not politics or propaganda
A contract is a transaction between two parties if you have issues negotiate or go to court. That is why it is called CONTRACT. It is governed by law

Cement changes in price as Do other inputs and the contractors are within their rights to demand variation

When contractors signed a contract with previous government and Umahi comes along and says change to concrete they are entitled to demand variation
If you are in an economy with 26% inflation it is normal
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by porthouse7(f): 4:45pm On Mar 09
Lumarstone:

Who are "we" please?
this message is not for you to understand
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by yinkkus: 4:56pm On Mar 09
Lumarstone:

Just look at your statement, contradictions , Umahi did well as governor of Ebonyi state and you are saying he shouldn't show "wickedness" to federal contractors what "yeye wickedness "!? That's the problem of this country, we are hardly straight forward in our dealings as individuals , which stupid power does federal contractors possess if it's inimical to the growth of the nation !? Let's be on the path of progress and not glorify those who bring this country down.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Lumarstone: 5:24pm On Mar 09
yinkkus:

Just look at your statement, contradictions , Ebonyi did well as governor of Ebonyi state and you are saying he shouldn't show "wickedness" to federal contractors what "yeye wickedness "!? That's the problem of this country, we are hardly straight forward in our dealings as individuals , which stupid power does federal contractors possess if it's inimical to the growth of the nation !? Let's be on the path of progress and not glorify those who bring this country down.

I Have no time to be responding to people who do not read before commenting. The statement I made is very clear and doesn't in any way contradict itself, just that you're fast to type rubbish here WITHOUT reading my comment.

I left..!
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by MrGerald(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09
naija4life247:

. Talking like God, who'd ever believe gej go become president, too childish, and don't forget they were in the helm of affairs of this country, managing almost every area you could think of, things might turn around tomorrow what will you do?
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by specialmati(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09
naija4life247:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin be careful in wishing your country bad
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by yinkkus: 5:55pm On Mar 09
Lumarstone:

I Have no time to be responding to people who do not read before commenting. The statement I made is very clear and doesn't in any way contradict itself, just that you're fast to type rubbish here WITHOUT reading my comment.

I left..!

If you are sensible and have deductive reasoning, you will know there was contradiction.
"Treat workers badly" to achieve result.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by skj1377(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09
Yes good policy. The contracts are over inflated already
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by aarinade79a: 9:08pm On Mar 09
Like for Umahi share for contractorY’all need to be BATified What a CORNtryLike for Umahi share for contractorY’all need to be BATified What a CORNtry...
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Dalohad: 9:28pm On Mar 09
Umahi go and pay the you owe for more than 9 years now. Stop being a wicked bastard go and pay that woman. A big curse and disaster is coming to you, if you don't pay that woman before the next 7 market days. Don't say you were not warned.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Abcdx(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20
Mohisah:
That's it! Federal is diff from State.
All we want is welfarism

Number 20. Please reply your mail, it is very important.
Re: Why Contractors Are Fighting Me – Umahi by Mohisah: 1:10pm On Mar 20
Abcdx:

Number 20. Please reply your mail, it is very important.
an Firs staff knows what number 20 means

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria / Modupe Ozolua Visits Communities Destroyed By Boko Haram / Lagos To Construct N49Billion Medical Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.