Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,187 members, 7,974,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:25 PM

My Lagos Wedding Flowers Were A Disaster! - Horror Stories And Tips To Avoid - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Lagos Wedding Flowers Were A Disaster! - Horror Stories And Tips To Avoid (230 Views)

Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG / Lizards Eating Cucumber Flowers / Ornamental; Plants, Trees And Flowers Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Lagos Wedding Flowers Were A Disaster! - Horror Stories And Tips To Avoid by Twifemmy(m): 6:41pm On Mar 10
Let me preface this by saying... I LOVE my husband, our wedding was (mostly) beautiful, and we're blissfully married. But oh boy, let me tell you about the flower fiasco and how it almost ruined my entire vision for the big day.

The Dream: Lush, Romantic Blooms
👉 https://prestigeflowershop.com/product-category/love-and-romance/
I'd always envisioned a wedding overflowing with soft, romantic flowers. Think cascading roses, delicate peonies, and touches of lush greenery. I wanted classic elegance with a tropical twist to reflect our Nigerian heritage. Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong!

FIRST VENDOR: The Bait and Switch

Our first florist was a recommendation from a family friend. Their online portfolio looked amazing, and the initial consultation went well. Or so I thought. Come the wedding day, what arrived was a sad, wilted mess that looked nothing like what I had ordered. The roses were half-dead, the peonies weren't even in bloom, and the greenery was nonexistent.

I was in tears. My bridesmaids scrambled to try and hide the worst of it, but the damage was done. My dream floral decor was a disaster, and I felt like a total failure.

SECOND VENDOR: The Last-Minute Scramble

After the ceremony, my now-husband took charge. He refused to let our flowers ruin the reception. Frantically, we started calling every florist in Lagos. Most were either booked or couldn't accommodate our last-minute plea. I was about to give up hope.

Finding Prestige: Our Floral Miracle
https://prestigeflowershop.com/shop
Then, like an oasis in the desert, we found Prestige Flower Shop. It was a bit of a drive, and we weren't holding our breath. But the moment we walked in, it felt different. The owner listened patiently to my tearful rant about the disastrous flowers and didn't flinch.

She told me not to worry and that she would do everything possible to help. Her calmness was infectious. Within an hour, she had her team whipping up replacement bouquets, centerpieces, and even a few impromptu floral installations for our photo backdrop.

What Prestige lacked in a massive inventory, they more than made up for with creativity and genuine care. They understood my vision and worked tirelessly to salvage what they could. Their flowers weren't exactly what I had initially planned, but they were fresh, vibrant, and thoughtfully arranged.

Lessons Learned (The Hard Way)

Here are the painful, expensive, but valuable lessons I learned about wedding flowers in Lagos:

Do your research: Don't just rely on pretty pictures. Read reviews, ask for specific references, and get EVERYTHING in writing.
Meet in person: If possible, visit the florist's shop or studio. See their work firsthand and gauge their professionalism.
Have a backup plan: Sometimes things just go wrong. Have a few trusted florists in mind as a contingency, just in case.
Communicate clearly: Share inspiration photos, discuss specific flower types, and be upfront about your budget.
Trust your gut: If something feels off with a vendor, don't be afraid to walk away.
A Final Word of Advice

If you're planning a wedding in Lagos and flowers are important to you, please do yourself a favor and check out Prestige Flower Shop. They might not be the flashiest, but their dedication, honesty, and reasonable prices saved our reception (and my sanity!).

Now, I'd love to hear from others! Have you had any wedding flower horror stories? Or perhaps you found a fantastic florist you can wholeheartedly recommend. Let's share our experiences and help other Lagos brides avoid a floral fiasco!

(1) (Reply)

Dried Neem Seed / Buy Quality Cashew Nuts / Fingerlings And Juvenile Catfish Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.