Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs (2173 Views)

Goldman Sachs Recruiting Presentation In Lagos - Wednesday 26th September‏ / Internship Opportunity In The UK(Goldman Sachs) / Job Trainee For Young Undergraduate; Goldman Sachs Africa Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by Goldmann(m): 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2007
Hey all, i need some real ADVICE from KNOWLEDGEABLE people out there,  I hav a Bsc in geography from the University of Ibadan, I intend to pursue an Msc in Investment management from Cass business school ,city of london or an MSc in Finance and investment from either Exeter or Aston (I havent bin confirmed yet) By the time i begin my msc, i would have approximately 1year working experience in a commercial bank in Nigeria. With these qualifications, wot r my chances of getting my dream job as a Fixed Income,Currency and Commodities Trader at Goldman sachs? (my dream company), Am I on the right path or i need to take some additional steps? 

Re: Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by gandhi(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2007
brother u have finally found another dreamer like u .u r on the right part bro aprt from the schools u mentioned there other schools i found out abt in ireland that offer finance and capital markets courses
also merryl lynch ,jp morgan chase ,citigroup corporate and investment banking ,morgan stanley are very good firms bro dis my email adee amaefule2001@yahoo.com lets get talkin ansd shariin info for Msc u dont need work xperience
Re: Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by Goldmann(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2007
Thanks 4 the reply men, Cass is actually a really excellent school. Its Msc in Investment Management includes actual real time dealing room simulations plus the school is in a vibrant business center "LONDON", I think the course is excellent, My only issue is that it is incredibly expensive (19,500pounds!!!!!!!!) Exeter and aston are actually good as well, They both hav job prospects ratings of 9/10 according to the guardian.co.uk rankings, (Be sure to check the ranking of any school under the appropriate subject category) I suggest u check the guardian.co.uk website and look 4 rankings (2008) Check under business and management studies.
My prob with Ireland schools is that Ive heard before (im not sure if its true though) that if u intend to work in London (which i do) It might be better to do ur msc in a school in England,
Merrill lynch, jp morgan and citigroup are good i cant deny but men GOLDMAN SACHS just turns me on, Jst check the FORTUNE Best big companies to work for in 2007 list, We are talking bout average salaries of $129,000!!!!! Men, i hate to sound so money conscious bt I want a piece of that pie, CEO Lloyd Blankfein was paid $53.4million!!!!!!!!!! last year, That place is a money factory, Take care, Look 4ward to hearin 4rom u again
Re: Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by skintom77: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
hello goldman
I really appreciate the fact that your dreams really excite you.That is the kind of spirit we need as youths in this country.

We need to learn how to remove the word "impossible" from our mindset so that no matter the odds we can always achieve what we believe in.

I suggest that you go beyond dreaming and take a pen and piece of paper and put all your dreams to paper and set a deadline for yourself as to when they will be achieved, how you intend to do that and resources required.

Remember the Addidas slogan -IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

CHEERS!
Re: Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by jaybee3(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2007
I actually graduated from city university "MSc Information Engineering" (Cass business school is part of city university), and have quite a lot of friends that studied the MSc Investment Banking and related courses who have now gone on to start successful careers as traders, analyst in the city.
Surprisingly enough, i actually work for an organisation that is door to door with Cass business school in the city so if you do choose to come to Cass, i will be more than happy to take you out for lunch.
Cass is ranked the third best in UK in terms of business related courses and majority of investment banks in the city recruit from the school. The course is very expensive as well but believe me when you eventually get that elusive job it will be worth while.
An ex-classmate of mine now works for JP Morgan as an analyst
Re: Golden Dreams, Goldman Sachs by Goldmann(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2007
Thanks, Skintom 77, Ur words r truly inspirational, Trust me, im already working 2wards achieveing those dreams now, Jay bee, Thanks 4 reaffirming my already strong confidence in CASS, Ill hold u to the lunch offer 1ce i get there, Peace men wink

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Teachers In A School In Abuja / Airline Job Opportunities / Get Paid To Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.