Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,219 members, 7,967,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Believer's Lifestyle (4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Believer's Lifestyle (4) (72 Views)

The Myths And Truths About The Believer & Foundational Problems / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Believer's Lifestyle (4) by AdetoyeAyomikun: 3:29pm On Mar 16
The Believer's Lifestyle (4)

In the last part of this series, we talked about sacrifice and how important it is in the work of a believer, as it even becomes a lifestyle by which we live.

Can we also discuss that it's in the life of a believer not to BOW TO PRESSURE?

This may be a very careful discussion because truly many are going through a lot.

I want you to understand that you are not alone in this.

The scriptures tell us, "If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small." Maybe some don't know that a day and a season will come when your life as a believer will be tested.

Everything might seem like it will not work at all, everything might seem as if it will fade away very soon, and it will look like the only option you have is to compromise.

Many now support online gambling or whatever sort of gambling, and they justify that nothing is wrong with it.

I'm not here to discuss this because we have scriptures like Proverbs 15:27, 20:21, Ecclesiastes 5:10, the popular Mark 8:36, even 1 Timothy 6:9-10.

You can turn a blind eye to this, but the scripture remains true and efficient. I'm saying you've derailed as a believer if at one point you BOW TO PRESSURE.

It's your lifestyle to stand strong in the midst of the storm. We have so-called believers who are into Internet fraud (yahoo yahoo). We know the economy is not smiling, but you just can't serve Mammon and Jesus... It's not possible.

Very quickly, Mark 4:36-39, the popular story of Jesus calming the storm. I want you to understand that you are the ship, and the storm that is raging is ready to break you down. I know the experience is fearful.

But I'm telling you Jesus is in the hind part of the ship (your life). Scream for his help, call him. Don't wait until this storm overwhelms you... Come on, scream "Jesus"...

And if the storm has taken your ship down (your life), don't forget Jesus is a carpenter, and he is still in the business of amending wrecked ships (lives).

He is still calling your name. The storm might be great, but he is still in the ship. Find him, call unto him, believe he will answer.

As a believer, we don't bow to pressure!

See you in the next part as we continue in this series. 😊

(1) (Reply)

Learning To Listen To God (2) / Morning Digest / All Payment Accepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.