Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,268 members, 7,884,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:27 AM

Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos (25608 Views)

Entire Family Members Dead After Having Their Dinner In Anambra (Photo) / Overweight Chinese Man's Belly Help Him Escape Death After He Fell Into A Well / 2 Women Injured After Fence Of A Primary School In Delta State Fell On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On Mar 18
mmsen:

Walking around while not paying attention is dangerous but electrical components falling on you as you walk is inexcusable.

Highly inexcusable, but it happens... Not just in Nigeria, but all over.

Truth is... We have to be careful and mindful of our environment, whether at home or outside.

You owe it to yourself to be extra-vigilant at all times... Personal safety is an individual responsibility, especially when around construction sites.

1 Like

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Morbeta11(m): 11:02am On Mar 18
The company has to pay adequate compensation to the deceased family.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Freshboi316(m): 11:03am On Mar 18
This is terrible
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by ellizy(m): 11:07am On Mar 18
PriceActionZ:
The key point here is he was pressing phone while walking and probably put earpeice to block his ear. This is very common in lagos,. It is avoidable death. Why cant he be cautious of things going on around him? RIP to him.
This is really not an excuse for his death..
Was the area the work is been done barricaded? NO!
Where's the forklift company safety?
The company did a reckless job and they're to be arrested.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by themanderon: 11:15am On Mar 18
Pressing phone while walking on the road. The story of our present generation. If he was aware of his environment this would have probably been avoided.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by stevups(m): 11:16am On Mar 18
PriceActionZ:
The key point here is he was pressing phone while walking and probably put earpeice to block his ear. This is very common in lagos,. It is avoidable death. Why cant he be cautious of things going on around him? RIP to him.

A lesson
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by ttmax09(m): 11:38am On Mar 18
Franzinni:
I saw this vision two days ago... While reading about the guy who fell from a ladder while working on electric pole.... It happened like a flash in my mind and here... Days later it happens... Hmmm
Did you pray to avert it.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by meobizy(f): 12:23pm On Mar 18
post=128960085:
What Is Really Happening Inside This LAGOS
The same thing that happens everywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by meobizy(f): 12:24pm On Mar 18
Incidentally, one of the cable drums disconnected and fell on a passerby, who was said to be pressing his phone while walking
Maybe he was trolling Nairaland, bragging about being wealthier than Dangote. #1,000,000WaysToDie.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18
Something most kill a man
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by theamazonguru(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18
faceland:
It fell exactly when he was passing?
RIP.

Have you heard of the word COINCIDENCE?

2 mutually exclusive events happening at the same time.

The falling of the cable drum was an anomaly.
The Young man could have escaped the consequence of that anomaly if he maintained a situational awareness of his environment.

But at the same time, this is why such things are called accidents.
Unplanned events.

However the lesson learnt from here is, if you can, please keep your phone away while using the road either as a pedestrian or as a driver.

The only 2 accidents (tho minor) I have ever had were as a result of me fidling with my phone while driving.

May evil never happen to us oh.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Franzinni: 12:42pm On Mar 18
ttmax09:
Did you pray to avert it?
I have always seen visions like that since I was a kid but, my belief is everything that happens is supposed to happen exactly how it happens... Nature understands this, it's only humans that don't.

But to answer your question,

No, I didn't, I didn't even give it a thought because it just comes like a flash sometimes it causes my whole body to jerk and stiffen for a moment and then I return to normal.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Dearlord(m): 12:45pm On Mar 18
post=128961074:

Don't You Want Man To Chop Good Food?

No oooo grin you dey chop weten no good
Na dirty food you dey chop.

1 Like

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by 36STATES: 1:15pm On Mar 18
illuminutty:
Company owner taken into custody for questioning? For what?

For criminal negligence. You have a duty as and employer under the health and safety law to ensure that your operations does not put people's health, safety and lives at risk. Lifting heavy things is a dangerous operation and he should have condoned off the place or have somebody act as a watch out to ensure no one is injured especially those passing by.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by ttmax09(m): 2:01pm On Mar 18
Franzinni:
I have always seen visions like that since I was a kid but, my belief is everything that happens is supposed to happen exactly how it happens... Nature understands this, it's only humans that don't.

But to answer your question,

No, I didn't, I didn't even give it a thought because it just comes like a flash sometimes it causes my whole body to jerk and stiffen for a moment and then I return to normal.
Sent you an email bro.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 2:06pm On Mar 18
Dearlord:

No oooo grin you dey chop weten no good
Na dirty food you dey chop.

Inukwa ooooo
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Franzinni: 2:07pm On Mar 18
ttmax09:
Sent you an email bro.
That email is no longer functional baba. I lost the password ages ago

1 Like

Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Lexicon123: 2:30pm On Mar 18
Very low safety consciousness. Fiddling with phone on the always busy Lagos roads. I see runners do that a lot and I’m like: “do you have double life?”. Another recklessness is not barricading red zone.

We shouldn’t take safety more seriously.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by maasoap(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18
PriceActionZ:
Pressing phone alone while walking is enough to cause distraction, you don't even need to add earpiece to it
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18
Programmed death. Answer RECEIVE Jesus into your spirit as a guarantee against soul traders for there is no incantation,divination or enchantment against the Israel of God.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by virginchaser(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18
They will now start asking for forklift driver certification, company safety policies and so on.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by kay29000(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18
Franzinni:
I saw this vision two days ago... While reading about the guy who fell from a ladder while working on electric pole.... It happened like a flash in my mind and here... Days later it happens... Hmmm

It's a glitch in the matrix we're in that caused you to see that.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Sctests: 9:36pm On Mar 18
PriceActionZ:

When I see people with ear phone walking on the busy streets, I feel like giving them a big knock on the head. One should be fully alert on the roads, especially a busy road like Lagos.
Re: Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos by Emdebby2: 10:29pm On Mar 18
Some people can be so careless while walking on the road forgetting that anything can happen.
God protects us. We should also be vigilant.
So sad?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness / AS Genotype Couples, Please I Need Your Advise / How Ordinary N500 Aboniki Balm Healed Me Of Chronic Waist Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.