Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,275 members, 7,891,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:58 AM

I'm Obese. If I Lose Weight, Would My BP Come Down? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Obese. If I Lose Weight, Would My BP Come Down? (190 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / STUDY: 50% Of South Africans Are Obese - Here's Why! (PICS) / Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine May Not Work Well If You Are Obese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Obese. If I Lose Weight, Would My BP Come Down? by BPdoc: 10:55pm On Mar 16
Obesity is a very important risk factor of high blood pressure

Nowadays, people lose weight mostly because they want to look good

But weight loss can do the body a lot more good than that

So let's talk about how Obesity affects High Blood Pressure

Obesity is a very important risk factor of hypertension

Like I've said before excess body weight can be detrimental to the blood pressure

So you must understand how excessive body weight can bring about blood pressure and its complications

When there is excessive fat in the body, it means there are more tissues that the body needs to supply with blood, hence there's increased blood volume

When there's increased blood volume it puts a strain on the heart and the blood vessel leading to elevated blood pressure

Another reason is that excessive fat within the body produces various hormones and inflammatory substances

And these hormones can disrupt the body's balance and cause damage to blood vessel's function thereby increasing high blood pressure

So how do we deal with obesity?

Weight Loss: Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is crucial for reducing blood pressure in individuals with obesity.

Dietary Modifications: Adopting a balanced diet low in processed foods, saturated fats, and added sugars can support weight loss efforts and improve blood pressure control.

Regular Physical Activity: Engaging in regular exercise is essential for promoting weight loss and lowering blood pressure.

Stress Management: Chronic stress can contribute to obesity and hypertension. So try to avoid engaging in stressful activities

Re: I'm Obese. If I Lose Weight, Would My BP Come Down? by BPdoc: 10:55pm On Mar 16
Hello everyone, my name is Dr. Debbie aka Bpdoc

I'm a Certified Graduate of Hypertension Management & Awareness from Alison Online School, Ireland

Also currently pursuing a Medical Degree (MBBS) @University Of Benin Teaching Hospital(UBTH), Nigeria

I own an online community (BP Academy) where I teach people on how to normalize High Bp within 90 days or less using their lifestyle, with or without medications

I will be holding another Free One hour class this week. Venue is Whatsapp

For those interested, send a message stating "I'm Interested In The Training" to 09166584787

P.S: For serious-minded people only

(1) (Reply)

The High Rate Of Shrinking And Dead Penis In Young Men Is Alarming / Fat Loss Plan For Busy Professionals / 9 Benefits Of The 25-day Belly-fat Burning Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.