Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,760 members, 7,930,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

i'm Still Pondering About This - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / i'm Still Pondering About This (516 Views)

I've Been Pondering On This Question / I've Been Pondering On This Question / Reflection 8: Pondering The Chaplet Of Divine Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37am On Mar 22
Busybrain2233:

The problem with you JW folks Is that you think you understand the Bible more than anyone else.

I asked a question above and you stylishly avoided it, I will ask again: is Matt7:7 a figurative or Literal passage?

Don't tell me what Jesus meant in that passage, tell me what he said explicitly.

Your questions below, won't help in answering my question.

Guy Jesus uses lots of idioms in his teachings that his disciples have to depend on God's Holy Spirit to grasp the meaning! Matthew 13:13, 34

“Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened. Indeed, which one of you, if his son asks for bread, will hand him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not hand him a serpent, will he? Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will your Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him" Matthew 7:7-11

So I say to you, keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened. Indeed, which father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he also asks for an egg, will hand him a scorpion? Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give HOLY SPIRIT to those asking him!” Luke 11:9-13

I love the highlighted in your comment now consider the two accounts and tell me what Jesus is talking about is it the spirit to do the preaching and teaching work or miracles? Act 4:29-31

Did the miracles later stopped happening in their midst?
Paul answered "YES!"
Why?
Because the miracles is just an evidence that God is no longer in support of Judaism which the Jews practiced until Jesus established Christianity so after the congregation has been firmly established such supernatural gifts ceased among them! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

So what is the work of Holy Spirit that Jesus taught them to ask, seek and knock for?

"But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you." John 14:26

The work of the spirit is in two ways:
GIFTS
FRUIT
The GIFTS according to God's word will not last long because it's work is temporary until the Bible is complete but the FRUIT will continue that's why Jesus said:
"By their FRUIT you will know them" Matthew 7:16-18
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:08am On Mar 22
Jesus likens religions to TREES each religion has its roots and the one who planted it, God is the one who planted pure worship so when He established the law covenant with the nation of Israel He told them that that's not what will bring salvation rather another prophet will be the mediator of the covenant that will bring salvation! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

This means the Mosaic laws will eventually lead to another religion that the Israelites must welcome that's why Jesus likens himself to a TREE planted by GOD {John 15:1} and his apostles are the branches of this {John 15:5} just as each TREE have GIFTS and a unique FRUIT this figurative TREE will do the same.

So what are the GIFTS in this figurative TREE?
Remember that TREES in the forest may have similar GIFTS: tall, thick, fragrance, strong root, medicinal leaves and so on all these are gifts in trees and many trees have similar GIFTS but what about the FRUIT?
Well each tree has its unique FRUIT that no other TREE can produce.

That's why God's word said:

But the FRUIT of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, ‭‭gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. ‭‭Galatians 5:22-23

So the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit has nine unique qualities that will help you to IDENTIFY the true religion just as Jesus said {Matthew 7:16-18} you can ask yourself which religion do people know globally that has these qualities mention above?

Well i was a Muslim and from far away i could see only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION.

That's why they are the one and only group still active in preaching zealously and teaching industriously throughout the earth as if their existence depends on it just as the first century Christians did! Act 1:8

I will mention just one of the nine qualities:

LOVE! Jesus said:

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”‭‭ John 13:34-35

Of all the religions claiming they know the God of Abraham today the one and only group that have used the Bible to settle all their racial disparities peacefully among themselves, diverted their resources into production of food and information materials, stopped supporting military services and vowed never to raise weapons against their neighbours is Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So even though most people don't believe in the existence of God but with what the Bible foretells and how Jehovah's Witnesses are perfectly fulfilling it something is really really strange! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Steep(m): 6:18am On Mar 22
Busybrain2233:
Please answer my questions: You said Almighty God created medicine mention the medicine God created.

Does this makes Matt7:7 invalid? Perhaps God would be like; I having given you guys all you need for any illness, so I won't grant any of your wish pertaining healing/sound health.

The materials to make drugs are made by humans.

God knows man would fall and he went ahead to create man that way, then later God would blame and punish man for falling. I know it makes sense to you cause you are a religious person.

Herbs are examples of medicines how
really mention what humans ever created? So because God said I would bless you it means you don't need to work again? So what are herbs for?
The earth and everything in it belongs to God psalm 24.
Man do not create anything thyme discover them, it has always being there.

So if astronomers knew an meteor is heading the earth it means they are the cause?
You are responsible for your actions good or bad, God knowing what you will do has nothing to do with your actions.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:05am On Mar 22
Chaiii🤣

MaxInDHouse:

Guy Jesus uses lots of idioms in his teachings that his disciples have to depend on God's Holy Spirit to grasp the meaning! Matthew 13:13, 34

“Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you; for everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened. Indeed, which one of you, if his son asks for bread, will hand him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not hand him a serpent, will he? Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will your Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him" Matthew 7:7-11

So I say to you, keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking, it will be opened. Indeed, which father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he also asks for an egg, will hand him a scorpion? Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give HOLY SPIRIT to those asking him!” Luke 11:9-13

I love the highlighted in your comment now consider the two accounts and tell me what Jesus is talking about is it the spirit to do the preaching and teaching work or miracles? Act 4:29-31

Did the miracles later stopped happening in their midst?
Paul answered "YES!"
Why?
Because the miracles is just an evidence that God is no longer in support of Judaism which the Jews practiced until Jesus established Christianity so after the congregation has been firmly established such supernatural gifts ceased among them! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

So what is the work of Holy Spirit that Jesus taught them to ask, seek and knock for?

"But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you." John 14:26

The work of the spirit is in two ways:
GIFTS
FRUIT
The GIFTS according to God's word will not last long because it's work is temporary until the Bible is complete but the FRUIT will continue that's why Jesus said:
"By their FRUIT you will know them" Matthew 7:16-18

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:07am On Mar 22
Untill you answer my questions succinctly, I won't give you a rebuttal.

Steep:
really mention what humans ever created? So because God said I would bless you it means you don't need to work again? So what are herbs for?
The earth and everything in it belongs to God psalm 24.
Man do not create anything thyme discover them, it has always being there.

So if astronomers knew an meteor is heading the earth it means they are the cause?
You are responsible for your actions good or bad, God knowing what you will do has nothing to do with your actions.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:29am On Mar 22
Busybrain2233:
Chaiii🤣
The understanding of God's word often brings laughter and joy to the receiver.
Enjoy it while it lasts! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life: Better Than You Can Imagine The Real Life / Is God Simply Not All-forgiving? / cAMPING Says World Will Actually End In October(Ministry worth $80 million wtf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.