Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,914 members, 7,876,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue (452 Views)

Michael Jackson's Youngest Son Blanket Unrecognisable In Rare Public Appearance / Video: Inside Blanket Jackson's (micheal Jackson's Son) $2.6m Mansion / After Turning 18, Michael Jackson’s Youngest Son Blanket Buys ₦950 Million House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue by Jumangi: 8:59am On Mar 22
Michael Jackson's youngest son, Blanket, has filed a legal injunction against his grandmother, Katherine Jackson, asking the court to deny her from using the late pop star's estate money amid an ongoing legal battle.

Court documents filed by Blanket, 22, who now goes by Bigi Jackson, state that he and Katherine, 93, previously joined forces against the executors of Michael’s estate in an attempt to stop a major business transaction using the King of Pop's estate money.

While the details of this transaction are under wraps, it seems that this could be related to the deal his estate made with Sony to sell nearly half of Michael's music catalog for $600 million.

But this month, the judge sided with the executors and allowed them to use the late star's money for the deal.

According to TMZ, Katherine wants to appeal this decision, but Bigi doesn’t because he reportedly believes that she'll lose. Bigi is the heir of his father's money, and also does not want Michael's estate paying for Katherine's legal bills.

Bigi, who arrived via surrogate in 2002, is one of the "Thriller" singer's three children. Michael also shared son Prince, 27, and daughter Paris, 25, with his ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, 65.

Bigi has stayed out of the spotlight since Michael died in June 2009, but was spotted out and about in Los Angeles just last week.

The filmmaker sported a "Star Wars" T-shirt, basketball shorts and black sneakers.

The ongoing legal battle and Bigi's rare public appearance comes amid headlines for the biopic "Michael." The film will star Michael’s nephew, Jaafar, and is set for a 2025 release.

Miles Teller will portray Michael's former manager, John Branca, in the movie. He recently defended the project against criticism due to allegations of child sex abuse against the "Beat It" singer.

"Regardless of what you know or what your opinion may be, Michael is one of the greatest to ever do it, if not the greatest," he told Variety earlier this month. "He deserves a movie, and I'm excited to be a part of it."

"You only get so many opportunities in this business to make films," Teller, 37, added. "I'm really excited to be a part of it. I think it's going to blow people away."

Source

Re: Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue by STEWpid(f): 9:26am On Mar 22
Chai..

The Asian Blanket wouldn't be good for the 93 year old to sleep in bed.

We need the boy here in Naijay-Area make few girls beatam small. He doesn't have respect for his 93year old grannie.

1 Like

Re: Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue by Franzinni: 9:32am On Mar 22
Men ... Just 4 generations ago, his ancestors were jet black ..

Men human being nah water I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jackson's Son Blanket Sues Grandmother Katherine Over Estate Issue by advanceDNA: 9:43am On Mar 22
U seff know say u nor be Michael pikin.... But make we just lock up the matter....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Own 10 Houses, 20 Cars, And I’m Still Building A Hotel – Portable / Breaking : Junior Pope Miraculously Woke Up he is alive not dead / Iyanya And Manager Ubi Franklin Donate N1million To OJB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.